「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #91,471 of 177,745
  Half life 3 is almost possibly somewhat confirmed!

They trademarked it, but hey, that isn't anything big actually

but considering Steam OS and schit is being announced. HL3 would be a great launch title for Steam OS and control to use and what not. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #91,473 of 177,745
I know, but for hardcore fans of the series, it's a good step forward.
I never really saw what was that great about the games, I'll probably have to play them again sometime...

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #91,476 of 177,745
I've been watching this GTA V livestream the whole day....if I can't get the game, I'll at least do some backseat gaming here :xf_mad:

http://www.twitch.tv/Chilledchaos

I'm also eating some $6 popcorn that is not quiet worth it's money, while toying around with my new polfilter for my camera.

Oh and in between all this, I'm trying to learn for my exam on Friday.

Shut up and just buy it. You don't see anyone complaining on and on about one thing they want to buy.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #91,477 of 177,745
Shut up and just buy it. You don't see anyone complaining on and on about one thing they want to buy.

Waiting for the PC release , along with Watch Dogs probably. Honestly I'm just playing so I can run around killing stuff, the series died when it tried to go all serious, Vice City was da schiit.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #91,478 of 177,745

I played Half Life 2....what was so amazing about it besides good execution and story and mechanics? I mean it was good.....but of course, fanboys. Or shall I call em. Gaben-ers

Did you play it on release?

It was revolutionary at the time, it's kind of like the OoT of year 2004, it's nothing really special if you compare it to today's standards, but it was a big thing back then.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #91,479 of 177,745
GTA V is actually a lot of fun. Far, far better than IV at least. Once Online mode drops I can see it being a massive time sink

Agreed in regards to HL-2, it was mind blowing back in the day. It's nothing special now cause virtually everything has ripped its mechanics

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #91,480 of 177,745

Did you play it on release?

It was revolutionary at the time, it's kind of like the OoT of year 2004, it's nothing really special if you compare it to today's standards, but it was a big thing back then.

Oh right, now that you mention it. You are right, the time frame is important.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #91,481 of 177,745

Oh right, now that you mention it. You are right, the time frame is important.

Yeah, I guess that level of hype/fanboyism never really dies down once you experience it. 
tongue.gif

Personally, I just can't play old games no matter how good they were, it's not so much the graphics that bother me, but I'm just too used to the 'quality of life' design choices that you find in modern games.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #91,482 of 177,745

Yeah, I guess that level of hype/fanboyism never really dies down once you experience it. 
tongue.gif

Personally, I just can't play old games no matter how good they were, it's not so much the graphics that bother me, but I'm just too used to the 'quality of life' design choices that you find in modern games.

Yeah

I played, beat, and loved HL2 when I played it in 2007 with my friend. But I played it 2 years ago(or tried to) and could barely get past the second level.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #91,483 of 177,745
Good point. I didn't even have a PC capable of playing half life until 2008 and didn't get around to playing it until probably 2009. I guess gameplay is always evolving and getting better, eh?

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #91,484 of 177,745
I guess I'm the odd one out since I still find old games to be fun. Half Life 2 came out in 2004; that was when I was in 7th grade. Halo: Combat Evolved was pretty epic at that time and I still really enjoy it today. 3-hit KO pistol? I pwned people with that. I still play that game for the glitches in The PIllar of Autumn, The Silent Cartographer, and Assault on the Control Room; sniping at night in The Truth and Reconciliation; and exploring the map in Halo. I could care less for a modern game like Battlefield 3 or the thousands of Call of Duty games.

I didn't like Half Life 2 when I played it 4 years ago and I don't think I would have liked it ~9 years ago in 7th grade. Ravenholm was a nightmare of a level.

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #91,485 of 177,745
Smirnoff was vodka... but I thought that stuff was beer. Well if it's alcohol, I think vodka's probably it (even though I still don't like it, it's the only ok tasting one so far). But then again it was flavored with some lime. Still didn't like it much though 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back