「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #87,871 of 177,745
Just came back from my first ever visit to the doctor. I can finally hear properly again!

That is, except for a slight imbalance; my right ear is slightly louder and more high pitched. My brain probably tried to adjust for the fact that it was plugged by doing just that, but now that it's unplugged it's slightly off.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #87,872 of 177,745
Quote:

Just about to buy my first set of CIEMs, I decided to get them because of the number of reviews saying that CIEMs were the most comfortable thing you could get if the fit was good. Do you feel that a good IEM can better a CIEM for comfort? I have only ever tried cheap earbuds/IEMs before (have not enjoyed either largely because of comfort).

Also have been working on the art to get put on them... was wondering what you guys thought so far.

Well, if you get the right company to do them, they should turn out fine. I have finicky ear canals... and I chose an unknown brand, so my fit issues were never solved hence they actually isolate less than good isolating IEMs. But if you go with big companies like UE or JH audio, you should be fine.
Quote:
Lmaoo, that was short lived!
You should send me the TH900 for loan before you sell them XP

Lol, I wouldn't be patient enough to do that XD. What happens if I miss out on a good deal :3.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #87,873 of 177,745
Quote:
Just came back from my first ever visit to the doctor. I can finally hear properly again!

That is, except for a slight imbalance; my right ear is slightly louder and more high pitched. My brain probably tried to adjust for the fact that it was plugged by doing just that, but now that it's unplugged it's slightly off.

Interesting. I'm having an issue where my left ear is slightly quieter than my right ear. Hopefully I don't have to go to the doctor anytime soon though... :S

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #87,874 of 177,745
Aug 28, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #87,875 of 177,745
Quote:
Not bad. Personally I would've gone the minimalistic look and gone with an outline(is cyan?) instead of the character itself.

What CIEMs are you gettin?

Cool, yeah I was thinking about that I haven't tried it yet though... I might have to try another image to help keep Miku recognisable as a flat colour.

Probably 1964-V3, I have read good things about them.
I was tempted to get the JH13 or JH16 but realistically even the V3s are pushing my budget :p

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #87,876 of 177,745
How about the v6/v6s? Haha

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #87,878 of 177,745
Aug 28, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #87,879 of 177,745
I swore myself to stay away from CIEMs.
So far, I got really good seal with every IEM I ever owned....there goes the sellingpoint for CIEMs :p
You can get a lot of universal in-ears that are better or not too far off SQwise from CIEMs that cost couple hundred bucks more.
With all these new ToTL universal IEMs....no, won't get customs.

@Eve
I thought the same thing to myself a while ago.
I was soooo close to buying some HD600 and a Schiit amp, but then realized that I would hardly ever use it. When I'm at home, I use my speakers (and very rarely my IEMs).

This is super awesome:

Hello Duhuj!

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #87,881 of 177,745
Interesting. I'm having an issue where my left ear is slightly quieter than my right ear. Hopefully I don't have to go to the doctor anytime soon though... :S

Well, in my case it's fixed now. It was only for approximately the first two hours after my ears got cleaned.

If it bothers you, consulting a doctor could be a good idea, but from the sound of it it ain't that bad.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #87,882 of 177,745
Just finished the Cowboy Bebop movie.
It's like a super long episode with a bigger budget.
No way it does not get a 10/10 from me ♥
The soundtrack gets a 11/10. It's just a thousand times better than your typical boring standart anisong stuff IMO.
I'm happy :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #87,883 of 177,745
speaking of cons a couple of pages back, didnt realise that this week marks the end of aug.

flying to indonesia next week for afa id (kalafina), and then to HK 2 weeks later for yuki kajiura

super excited 
gs1000.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #87,884 of 177,745

Shiny! Do wish the Y splitter wasn't that big, but I guess it's super durable now, along with the nylon sleeves and heavy duty plug, I can see these are built to last. quality has definitely improved since my last cables from them. 9/10. Aesthetics could use a little work.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #87,885 of 177,745
Quote:

Shiny! Do wish the Y splitter wasn't that big, but I guess it's super durable now, along with the nylon sleeves and heavy duty plug, I can see these are built to last. quality has definitely improved since my last cables from them. 9/10. Aesthetics could use a little work.

Sexy. I just had a westone custom's cable on my TF10 before I sold it. Oxidized pretty fast though and it was impossible to remove after I forced it into the sockets. Still, very ergonomic
tongue.gif

I'm really considering buying another pair of TF10s. Maybe eventually get them reshelled like I had always wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back