「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #82,442 of 177,744
Quote:
I like Steins Gate, however, for reasons of it needing to fit a certain time, its pacing for the first half was extremely not that good.

You are actually right there. It felt a bit strange. I don't see it as bad as you seem to do.
On the other hand, I can't imagine how they could have solved that problem in another way. Squeezing the whole story into only 13 episodes seems totaly impossible to me.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #82,443 of 177,744
I feel it uses a very similar trick employed by Takashi Miike in Audition. You already knew what kind of show you were getting into with either Audition and S;G, but the strangely mundane and uneventful pacing of both somehow makes you forget that, and when the **** hits the fan, it's incredibly jarring. That and the innocent nature of the D-Mails propagating into a tragic chain of events is pretty awesome. It doesn't stand up as well on repeat viewings I agree, but I thought it was awesome the first time through

Yep, the show for the first few episodes did that because it needed 22-25 episodes to fill the anime slot. However to do it nicely, it had to keep it going with the strange so that it keeps the viewers entertained.

It was well done, but still when you break it down. They just needed an extra 6-7 eps of fillers. They can't do it with 12 episodes, so they had to go with 22-25 episodes with a continuous dual season slot.

Hm I'm eavesdropping on some relationship conversations again, but this time with the binaural microphones recording. I wonder how well it'll turn out. XD

Recording and uploading?

You are actually right there. It felt a bit strange. I don't see it as bad as you seem to do.

On the other hand, I can't imagine how they could have solved that problem in another way. Squeezing the whole story into only 13 episodes seems totaly impossible to me.

Yep, and thats why they had to go for the second slot and make fillers.

--------------
done deal

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #82,444 of 177,744
Quote:
Oh nice, what is happening!?

Holiday.
Quote:
Would I pay $60 for Bioshock Infinite? No. The game felt like modern art. Forced, expected, and doing stuff that makes you go 'just stop, you are trying to be wordly and thoughtful outside the box, but just stop'.

I liked inf. Doesn't have any replayability, but I still enjoyed it. £39 wasn't cheap, but it wasn't expensive either.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #82,445 of 177,744
Holiday.
I liked inf. Doesn't have any replayability, but I still enjoyed it. £39 wasn't cheap, but it wasn't expensive either.
Check above, Best Buy USA went crazy. Metro Last Light for $.01 cents. Although USA only unless you use a proxy or fake usa address.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #82,449 of 177,744
I just watched the first episode of Silver Spoon.
No thanks.

I like the Harvest Moon games, but somehow the setting feels a bit dull in this anime.
And the OP is anything but good.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #82,450 of 177,744
God dang it. Stuff like that makes me wish I had a decent gaming PC :l

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #82,451 of 177,744
What is Metro Last Light?

And I'll upload the audio recording if it's good. There was a lot going on at the same time so I dunno what the microphones picked up.

It's the second game of the Metro 2033 series

Anyway, it seems Best Buy is cancelling orders :/

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #82,452 of 177,744
Quote:
Yep, the show for the first few episodes did that because it needed 22-25 episodes to fill the anime slot. However to do it nicely, it had to keep it going with the strange so that it keeps the viewers entertained.

It was well done, but still when you break it down. They just needed an extra 6-7 eps of fillers. They can't do it with 12 episodes, so they had to go with 22-25 episodes with a continuous dual season slot.
Recording and uploading?
Yep, and thats why they had to go for the second slot and make fillers.

done deal

Whoa! Awesome good looks thanks.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #82,454 of 177,744
Quote:
Well there is your problem. I liked Metro 2033
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif

I haven't really enjoyed many survival horror or post-apoc games. Fallout sucked, L4D got tired really quick, Dead Island was repetitive, STALKER series was dull and tedious but the plot was decent...etc

I liked Amnesia: Dark Descent and Dead Space 1+2. Those are the only modern games in those two categories I think I liked.

Basically, I think the entire genre sucks.

/grumpyoldmanrant

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #82,455 of 177,744
I haven't really enjoyed many survival horror or post-apoc games. Fallout sucked, L4D got tired really quick, Dead Island was repetitive, STALKER series was dull and tedious but the plot was decent...etc

I liked Amnesia: Dark Descent and Dead Space 1+2. Those are the only modern games in those two categories I think I liked.

Basically, I think the entire genre sucks.

/grumpyoldmanrant
I didn't like Fallout either.

Dead Island was quite repetetive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back