「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #82,264 of 177,745
I know the DE's are old, and even my parents laughed

But dammit if they aren't good.

The usability of the $3 razor does have some problems especially when removing/cleaning/replacing the blade but when you aren't doing that, its great.

I have a slightly more duller/newb friendly blade installed, the Derby blades.

It's worked really well. I didn't feel much when using it on my face but dayum, the belly shave was amazing. Put on the foam, and BOOM, it has a nice 'chh' sound as it gently scrapes the hair off. It's also a very close shave and what not.

The blade gets dull? Put a new one on, 50 blades is about $5 USD. It's so cheap and easy and fun to shave now

Awesome! I like the Feather blades a lot, also the red astras are pretty good, but overall if your hair isn't too gruff the Derby's I've found to perform great for the price.  It really is a much better experience overall! I've found the biggest improvement for me is the lack of irritation the next day or 2 after shaving.  I have almost 0 irritation when using the DE, only thing like you said is it can be timely.

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #82,265 of 177,745
Quote:
Looks good. What's the sensitivity or something for the E-MU? That distortion looks better than the O2.
blink.gif

Um... check the E-MU 0204 datasheet...
I'm feeling very lazy after lugging my ADAM F5's home by hand, they weight 14kg together. (that's over a third of my body weight)

Quote:
Ahahaha, this is a very entertaining video:
Thanks to 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 for originally linking that youtube user to us!

Can I have my 16 minutes back?

Quote:

Haha.

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #82,266 of 177,745
How's the F5s borisu? :L3000:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #82,268 of 177,745
Quote:
Uchouten Kazoku: So far the most interesting and well made new show this season. Waiting to see if Gatchaman Crowds does anything special though. 

It sure is a lot more unique than most of the other shows. No idea why it got so mediocre reviews on MAL.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #82,270 of 177,745
Quote:
Because democracy doesn't work. 

Hmm do you think there is a North Korean edition of MAL out there, consisting of Kim Jong Uns anime list, a comment function for his nation to praise his godly taste and nothing else?

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #82,271 of 177,745
Quote:
How's the F5s borisu?
L3000.gif

Love em'
biggrin.gif

bass of the F5's >> Aura SP50

Mind lending me your measurement mic someday?
Wanna try some room EQ.

PP prototype alpha:
Again with the clear acrylic and masking tape
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #82,272 of 177,745
@borisu, Explain to me in semi-layman's term why 9V batteries > AA or AAA batteries? Since 9V is getting harder and harder to look for, and (A)AA batteries have rechargeable ones that's going to be cheaper in the long run. And are easier to look for when rechargeable (A)AA went dead and didn't charge some spare ones.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #82,273 of 177,745
Quote:
Hmm do you think there is a North Korean edition of MAL out there, consisting of Kim Jong Uns anime list, a comment function for his nation to praise his godly taste and nothing else?

Yes. It is in my brain. I am Kim Jong Un and as such the only one who needs to affirm my own godly taste is me. 

I am currently looking for a shoujo manga to read because I am so very very ronery. 

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #82,274 of 177,745
Quote:
@borisu, Explain to me in semi-layman's term why 9V batteries > AA or AAA batteries? Since 9V is getting harder and harder to look for, and (A)AA batteries have rechargeable ones that's going to be cheaper in the long run. And are easier to look for when rechargeable (A)AA went dead and didn't charge some spare ones.

higher voltage swing
say the line-in voltage has a peak voltage of 1.5V and the amp has a gain of 2.5x.
the peak voltage after the gain stage will then be 3.75V.
if you use 4 AAA batteries, that will give you a supply of ±3V.
Since 3.75 > 3, the amp will clip.
but on the other hand, if you have 9V battery giving a ±4.5V supply, the amp will not clip since 4.5 > 3.75.

Other than that, a 9V is smaller than 4 AAA's.

A common solution to the limited supply is to use a charge pump to boost the voltage, many amps using 3.7V li-ion have this.
why didn't I use it? Well, 9V's are everywhere here in HK, they cost about $1 each.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #82,275 of 177,745
Quote:

why didn't I use it? Well, 9V's are everywhere here in HK, they cost about $1 each.

They're slowly phasing out. xD
Otherwise we can use the alternative of wall plugged guitar power source. Since active pickups in electric guitars take 9V too, Behringer I think made a something to replace it.
But it's pretty expensive IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back