「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #80,508 of 177,744
Quote:
So you should obviously listen to me.

Too long so I'm just going to assume you're watching everything. 

Yeah, manga is probably better.

LOL I'm actually missing quite a number of shows!

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #80,509 of 177,744
Quote:
Woke up about an hour ago. Don't how you survive on such small amounts of sleep. Must be the coffee. Upgrade the phone? I can see it. The iPhone 5s.

I usually sleep more than 4.5 hours!
Nah, adrenaline >> caffeine. For me it's naturally generated via watching anime.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #80,511 of 177,744
So everyone are compiling their lists for the next season? So far 2013 has been pretty kind to me, and it seems like most of us here are enjoying what we've seen so far. As our current cour approaches its end, it's time to look onwards to the Summer season!

My initial impressions for Summer 2013 is that it's a pretty balanced season. There are a few big names, a huge number of sequels to established franchises but not too many things that have potential to become masterpieces. However, considering the overall amount of good titles and Shingeki no Kyojin + Railgun S both carrying forward, I don't think Summer will be a boring cour for most of us by any means. 

Anime I will start following this season:
Free! [Kyoto Animation]
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-Bu [Gainax]
Rozen Maiden [Studio DEEN]
Love Lab [Doga Kobo]
Uchoten Kazoku [P.A. Works]
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku [Nomad]
Servant x Service [A-1]
Kiniro Mosaic [Studio Gokumi]
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou [AIC]
Fate/kaleid liner [Silver Link]
Monogatari Series: Second Season [SHAFT]
Genshiken Nidaime [Production I.G]
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi [Madhouse]
High School DxD NEW [TNK]
Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ [TYO Animations]
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami Hen [Manglobe]
Gin no Saji [A-1]
Futari wa Milky Holmes [J.C.Staff]
Kimi no Iru Machi [Gonzo]

Anime I will continue to follow this season:
Shingeki no Kyojin [Wit Studio]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S [J.C.Staff]
Crayon Shin-chan [Shin-Ei]
Detective Conan [TMS]
Pokemon: Best Wishes 2 [Oriental]
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL [Studio Gallop]

The big name series this time around are definitely Fate/kaleid liner, Monogatari Series: Second Season, and Free!. There are also plenty of sequels for established franchises such as The World God Only Knows, Rozen Maiden, Genshiken, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and a bunch of other series we've seen before. So what is everyone here at NHRV going to follow?

And no, I'm not watching WataMote. That series is bad, and I would feel bad for watching it.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #80,512 of 177,744
Quote:
So everyone are compiling their lists for the next season? So far 2013 has been pretty kind to me, and it seems like most of us here are enjoying what we've seen so far. As our current cour approaches its end, it's time to look onwards to the Summer season!

My initial impressions for Summer 2013 is that it's a pretty balanced season. There are a few big names, a huge number of sequels to established franchises but not too many things that have potential to become masterpieces. However, considering the overall amount of good titles and Shingeki no Kyojin + Railgun S both carrying forward, I don't think Summer will be a boring cour for most of us by any means. 

Anime I will start following this season:
Free! [Kyoto Animation]
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-Bu [Gainax]
Rozen Maiden [Studio DEEN]
Love Lab [Doga Kobo]
Uchoten Kazoku [P.A. Works]
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku [Nomad]
Servant x Service [A-1]
Kiniro Mosaic [Studio Gokumi]
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou [AIC]
Fate/kaleid liner [Silver Link]
Monogatari Series: Second Season [SHAFT]
Genshiken Nidaime [Production I.G]
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi [Madhouse]
High School DxD NEW [TNK]
Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ [TYO Animations]
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami Hen [Manglobe]
Gin no Saji [A-1]
Futari wa Milky Holmes [J.C.Staff]
Kimi no Iru Machi [Gonzo]

Anime I will continue to follow this season:
Shingeki no Kyojin [Wit Studio]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S [J.C.Staff]
Crayon Shin-chan [Shin-Ei]
Detective Conan [TMS]
Pokemon: Best Wishes 2 [Oriental]
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL [Studio Gallop]

The big name series this time around are definitely Fate/kaleid liner, Monogatari Series: Second Season, and Free!. There are also plenty of sequels for established franchises such as The World God Only Knows, Rozen Maiden, Genshiken, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and a bunch of other series we've seen before. So what is everyone here at NHRV going to follow?

And no, I'm not watching WataMote. That series is bad, and I would feel bad for watching it.

Welcome back ImeperialX!

I agree, nothing too big but enough to carry us through.

You have a big list, may I ask how it is that you are able to studiously study, have fun and watch so much anime? I know you follow a meticulous program of anime watching and studying but that doesn't seem humanly possible for me.

I've seen a few bad anime. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #80,513 of 177,744
Quote:
Welcome back ImeperialX!

You have a big list, may I ask how it is that you are able to studiously study, have fun and watch so much anime? I know you follow a meticulous program of anime watching and studying but that doesn't seem humanly possible for me.

Thanks, I watch anime episodes while I'm commuting or dining. I almost always watch episode when I'm having breakfast and dinner since I always dine alone for these two meals (sometimes lunch too if I'm not eating with friends). That's already at least 14 episodes a week just from two meals dedicated to watching anime in one week. Add in the fact that I spend time commuting to Uni every day, it's rather easy for me to follow at least 20+ series every season since I have the time necessary to watch 20+ episodes every week.

That's really why anime is the perfect hobby for me. The fact that each episode is 20 minutes long is perfect. If it's any longer it wouldn't really work.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #80,514 of 177,744
Quote:

Thanks, I watch anime episodes while I'm commuting or dining. I almost always watch episode when I'm having breakfast and dinner since I always dine alone for these two meals (sometimes lunch too if I'm not eating with friends). That's already at least 14 episodes a week just from two meals dedicated to watching anime in one week. Add in the fact that I spend time commuting to Uni every day, it's rather easy for me to follow 21 series every season since I have the time necessary to watch 21 episodes every week.

That's really why anime is the perfect hobby for me. The fact that each episode is 20 minutes long is perfect. If it's any longer it wouldn't really work.

Your schedule, is so well planned out and executed. I remember you posting a picture of your plans laid out. I'm never sure I can reach Asian level 100 like you have.

I sometimes like to focus when watching anime, although I'm a bit of a hypocrite now, because I browse Reddit and Head-Fi when MOST anime are playing. 

What are your throughts on Kakumeki no Valvrave (if you saw it) and Shingeki no Kyojin? Did you read the SnK manga?

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #80,515 of 177,744
GO WATCH READ GENSHIKEN NOW!

Fixed this up.

Quote:
Your schedule, is so well planned out and executed. I remember you posting a picture of your plans laid out. I'm never sure I can reach Asian level 100 like you have.

I sometimes like to focus when watching anime, although I'm a bit of a hypocrite now, because I browse Reddit and Head-Fi when MOST anime are playing. 

What are your throughts on Kakumeki no Valvrave (if you saw it) and Shingeki no Kyojin? Did you read the SnK manga?

I do sometimes drop by on /r/anime. You can find me posting under /u/mingyishi

I have not seen Valvrave. It's one of the few anime I'm not following this season because quite a few people told me that I wouldn't appreciate its humor. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #80,517 of 177,744
Quote:

Fixed this up.

I do sometimes drop by on /r/anime. You can find me posting under /u/mingyishi

I have not seen Valvrave. It's one of the few anime I'm not following this season because quite a few people told me that I wouldn't appreciate its humor. 

Don't tell me you are going back and reading our previous posts now!? lol

How do you know I browse /r/anime?

It's humour is just regular anime humor. Seriously.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #80,518 of 177,744
Quote:

Yeah, I'm going to start working it it. It's quite a number of pages though, so it'll take me a while. xD

You said you browse Reddit while watching anime, so I assumed you'd be on /r/anime. Naturally you can find me in other subreddits as well. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #80,519 of 177,744
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well you do like to ramble on about reddit, so it's only natural that you browse /r/anime too. 
size]

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #80,520 of 177,744
Quote:

Yeah, I'm going to start working it it. It's quite a number of pages though, so it'll take me a while. xD

You said you browse Reddit while watching anime, so I assumed you'd be on /r/anime. Naturally you can find me in other subreddits as well. 

Please don't work through our posts. SERIOUSLY, please do not. You probably missed hundreds of thousnds

And you were right :)

I don't use this account for the NSFW pron subreddits though 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Well you do like to ramble on about reddit, so it's only natural that you browse /r/anime too. 
size]

Do you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back