「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #80,056 of 177,745
Quote:
I wasn't paying enough attention to check the sun-shaft-to-sun directional relationship. Nerawareta Gakuen does have a dog though!

Many dogs actually
tongue.gif

and an unamused cat:

Quote:
Rich school?
The sun shaft lighting pic was photoshopped and fake.

That's beyond rich!
They cost about $150,000 and they have 3 of them!

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #80,058 of 177,745
Quote:
Most companies prefer you write an honest review. If the review isn't good for their company, they don't feature it. 

Plain as that. Rocky at Dunu is someone I've talked to a bit. He has already mentioned that a few of my reviews for the units weren't very good for Dunu in terms of me liking them and giving them a good score. But yet, I still get and write reviews for them really.

I wouldn't call it shaping. The represenative wasn't really trying to represente the company as much as criticizing my reivews(which I appreciate). About how I need to focus more on the 'good's' of the units. It's selling points and less on my subjective feelings about it. Which I felt was more of her adding in what I should start doing in general.

So all in all. I told her to wait for my X3 review to come out. The X3 review will be a brand new format for my reviews in general where I will try to do pro level reviews. 

I'm interested in working with Colorfly and their reps do seem good.

I'd say go for it, if they don't like what you write, no harm no foul.  

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #80,059 of 177,745
Quote:
I'd say go for it, if they don't like what you write, no harm no foul.  

Basically I guess
I told them to wait and to read my X3 review.

They thought about a trail review test of the C3. But I'd rather a company have a reviewer that they 'want' and not an iffy one.But of course, a reviewer is a non biased writer for a companies products(not just one). 

But of course, companies do have a choice in who they send review samples to and have a threshold that they want. Colorfly just has a much higher higher threshold.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #80,060 of 177,745
Quote:
One of you guys said it was meh. So let me know when you are done how nera something gauken is

Ne-ra-wa-re-ta  Ga-ku-e-n
and it IS pretty meh TBH, but it's probably one of the best looking meh shows ever.

+ Great visuals and animatiomns
+ Good OP/ED
+ Hanazawa Kana and Ono Daisuke

- Heroine is a biichi
- When watching the show: What is going on?? Ok, maybe everything will be explained later......
- After watching the show: WHAT DID I JUST WATCH???? EXPLAINNNNNNN!!!!!

Well that's my thoughts on the show.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #80,062 of 177,745
Quote:
Ne-ra-wa-re-ta  Ga-ku-e-n
and it IS pretty meh TBH, but it's probably one of the best looking meh shows ever.

+ Great visuals and animatiomns
+ Good OP/ED
+ Hanazawa Kana and Ono Daisuke

- Heroine is a biichi
- When watching the show: What is going on?? Ok, maybe everything will be explained later......
- After watching the show: WHAT DID I JUST WATCH???? EXPLAINNNNNNN!!!!!

Well that's my thoughts on the show.

That is like most anime out there.

...haha

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #80,063 of 177,745
wait..... did I hear that right? MC is in Uni now??

He was still in middle school for all the other seasons...

IIRC (spoilers from manga)
it's his "normal" self from manga/anime getting in contact with "future himself" from alternate reality, where he ignored the letter from the beginning (if you remember, the one where he accepted Shinku coming to his home).

Don't ask me how it happened, though. I don't really remember. Probably will reread the manga, since it was quite some time ago that I read it. Gotta remind myself of a few things...

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #80,066 of 177,745
Quote:
Okay, you got me there. I think I haven't watched enough anime (especially that specific genre) to say that it is objectively good.

But let's take music for example. I can appreciate that a band has really good songwriting and that they know how to play their instruments. Just some criteria that can make a band objectively good. But all that doesn't mean that I have to appreciate them on a personal/biased level.
Same goes for video games and so on.

When it comes to audio equipment reviews, I would say that one is absolutely able to give an item a good rating, even if you don't like the sound signature. Pretty hard, but I think it's possible to a certain degree. Even if you don't like bass head IEMs, you can't denie the fact, that e.g. the bass you get has really good extension, amount of detail etc.
Or lets say you review a headphone with a sound signature you really don't like, but it has the most amazing soundstage you ever witnessed. It would be pretty stupid to say that it is overall just bad because of the signature you don't like. Trust me, there are people out there who write such BS.

I'm typing this on my phone while I try to listen to the prof explaining Optical coherence tomography... so I hope you people get what I'm trying to say.

It's hard to write an honest review like that without putting your own biases in though.

I can write a review for the LCD-2 but in the end I still can't put my biases aside. It sounds too dark and congested that I don't understand why people would enjoy its sound.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #80,067 of 177,745
Quote:
I.. caught myself... smiling... while watching Valvrave...

I fear I shut down my brain a bit too much...

I did the same after I stopped caring.
Quote:
That **** Anime has NTR, so Sunrise decided to try to 1up that with rape in Valvrape. Fully. Sold.

I guess you are catching up

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #80,068 of 177,745
Quote:
I just wanted to check out HD stuff for schiits and giggles :)
Still can't decide if I should throw all my money at Aurisonics and order the ASG-2...

If you get an HD album, purchase this one. It's the cheapest 24/96 album I've purchased and it's a good sampler album. It's cheaper than a CD!
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD666666666666

If you want to know about the tracks, I have the liner notes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2816447/Open_Your_Ears.pdf

I purchased I Ching's 24/96 album a few months ago (which contains track 05 in the above album). It's a great folk/new age/instrumental album if that's your thing. It demonstrates the limitations of the K 701's soundstage in depth.

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #80,069 of 177,745
Finally finished Shinsekai Yori after putting it on hold since it first aired. (it was moving pretty slow half way through)
Well damn, it sure ended nicely.

So much for anthrax, I thought it was a key item in the plot..... didn't do jack schiit.

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #80,070 of 177,745
Quote:
If you get an HD album, purchase this one. It's the cheapest 24/96 album I've purchased and it's a good sampler album. It's cheaper than a CD!
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD666666666666

If you want to know about the tracks, I have the liner notes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2816447/Open_Your_Ears.pdf

I purchased I Ching's 24/96 album a few months ago (which contains track 05 in the above album). It's a great folk/jazz/instrumental album if that's your thing. It demonstrates the limitations of the K 701's soundstage in depth.

Pretty interesting!
Thanks a lot :)

Right now I can't really do anything with the tracks. Both(!!!) headphone etc. outs on my PC are broken and my Cowon J3 can't play these crazy files.
I guess I'll have to wait till I get my Fiio X3 :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back