「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #79,742 of 177,744
Quote:
Got exams in two hours. I'm psyched! I really like this subject, and I can't wait to see what the exam brings me. The subject is 'Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations'.

Wah, someone who likes exams? You don't see that very often. :p
It's too late to say, but I'll say it anyway: good luck on your exams!

That being said, ODEs are indeed one of the more fun math concepts I've encountered. Those and P[artial]DEs. Ah good 'ol thermodynamics. XD

Aaaaand my C5 review is live:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/jds-labs-c5-headphone-amplifier/reviews/9198

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #79,743 of 177,744
Quote:
damn.... so when will you need both CS and medical knowledge at the same time? (besides taking your course)

I dare say 80% what you learnt won't be used when you work. Lab session? Never. Calculus? nada (Though I do wish there were more usage of it)
Except for programming etc anything related to PC, YES

Quote:
finally watched oreimo 12..
LOL

AYASE!!!! lolwhut...

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #79,744 of 177,744
Got exams in two hours. I'm psyched! I really like this subject, and I can't wait to see what the exam brings me. The subject is 'Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations'.
In the Netherlands there are very few people going to the military today. Thing is, you need to have a medium-high education to get in the military, and the pay ain't even that great for the lower positions. Usually you're much much better of just studying your ass off for a couple years and build up a good career.
A lot of the Dutch think we're already spending way too much on the military on top of that. Just recently we sold every single one of our tanks. The 2010 House of Representatives (the most important governing body of the Netherlands) fell over the issue of whether the Dutch should retreat their troops or not because they weren't being useful and cost way too much money.
As I see it, a lot of the Dutch see the military not as a pride but as a burden, and I would imagine something similar being true in Germany as well.
Then don't go on head-fi at ungodly hours like those. Be like me and just get up at 9:30 am, and spend a good hour just on your morning routine. It is very relaxing. :D

Compared to the rest of EU countries. Netherlands spends a lot on military. Past the well known military spenders, Dutch is the largest small unknown spender in military in EU.

finally watched oreimo 12..
LOL

She knows she just lost

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #79,745 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
8th: Genetics exam
16th: Linear algebra and discret structures
18th: Algorithms and data structures
22th: Database systems
24th: Medical engineering
26th: Physiology

damn

Might be a good idea actually start learning a bit more focused.

damn.... so when will you need both CS and medical knowledge at the same time? (besides taking your course)

If you're into medical imaging, image processing often requires some CS knowledge. Likewise for modeling software and prosthetics.

Fortunately I'm not into any of those and I won't need a lot of CS stuff. I will be developing a JavaScript to automate image processing for a robotic-guided imaging technique though.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #79,747 of 177,744
Quote:

I dare say 80% what you learnt won't be used when you work. Lab session? Never. Calculus? nada (Though I do wish there were more usage of it)
Except for programming etc anything related to PC, YES

I actually have used quite a lot of maths in electronic design. (So glad I took Maths HL in IB, it's the most useful thing I got from highschool)
and sciences.... well it helps me hang around other geeks so far, nothing practical yet
tongue.gif

Quote:
If you're into medical imaging, image processing often requires some CS knowledge. Likewise for modeling software and prosthetics.

Fortunately I'm not into any of those and I won't need a lot of CS stuff. I will be developing a JavaScript to automate image processing for a robotic-guided imaging technique though.

Cool, but why javascript? I thought JS is for the web.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #79,748 of 177,744
Quote:
Thanks! This show any good?

That is the main series, and yes, I only heard good things about it so far :3

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_****ai!

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #79,750 of 177,744
Quote:
I actually have used quite a lot of maths in electronic design. (So glad I took Maths HL in IB, it's the most useful thing I got from highschool)
and sciences.... well it helps me hang around other geeks so far, nothing practical yet
tongue.gif

Do you use matrix, probability, statistics in all that though?

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #79,751 of 177,744
Quote:

Exactly. And medical knowledge is also pretty useful, because you have to work close together with medical staff. Sucks if somebody tells you to write code for a programm that is supposed to highlight a specific type of cancer and you don't have any idea what makes it special etc.

Just have a look around here:
http://www.imi.uni-luebeck.de/en/research

I think it's pretty obvious that medical knowledge isn't only required to pass my exams :)

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #79,752 of 177,744
Quote:
Do you use matrix, probability, statistics in all that though?

I've used matrices in circuit calculations once.
All circuit simulators use matrices because of the HUGE number of variables involved.

Haven't used stats yet but I'll be doing a lot of that once I start my signal processing course.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #79,753 of 177,744
Quote:
All circuit simulators use matrices because of the HUGE number of variables involved.

Haven't used stats yet but I'll be doing a lot of that once I start my signal processing course.

I'm SO glad that I don't have to deal with all this :D

I still don't really see why I would need all this math for my course...
So far I never had to use anything I learn in my math lessons in any of the other lessons I'm attending. Okay, one time we needed matrix multiplication to do some image gauss filter shenanigans. That's it.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #79,754 of 177,744
Quote:

I'm liking it. Hopefully gonna get a job that actually use my math knowledge in my workfield

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #79,755 of 177,744
Quote:

I'm liking it. Hopefully gonna get a job that actually use my math knowledge in my workfield

I would be fugged beyond believe, if I will actually have to use all the math stuff I'm learning right now :)
That's the reason I won't do anything image processing wise later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back