「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 24, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #79,727 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
I'm definitely used to seeing a lower "noise floor" on those plots (i.e. < -120 dB). >.>

Don't forget this is a low-cost ($200) 40Wpc power amp.
the noise is inaudable on speakers.

and the E-MU itself has a SNR of 100dB

EDIT:
The LM3886 data sheet claims a SNR of 92.5dB
so I must be doing something wrong....
I suspect the power supply...

I think the fan's definitely doing something to it as well...
It's probably producing some EMI that's being picked up somewhere in the amp's circuitry.
Quote:
Kinda late but I just finished Chuunibyou OVA / BD Special / Ep13 (whatever you want to call it)
Rikka :3

Oh dang, I still need to watch that! What sub group did you use?
If you used one at all that is >.>
Quote:
Quote:
Kinda late but I just finished Chuunibyou OVA / BD Special / Ep13 (whatever you want to call it)
Rikka :3

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd thats enough moe for 2013. 

Daww, I really need to watch it now! @.@

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #79,728 of 177,745
Quote:
It's probably producing some EMI that's being picked up somewhere in the amp's circuitry.

Oh dang, I still need to watch that! What sub group did you use?

Its not only the fan, I did a test without the fan off and there's still noise.
and the fan's not producing EMI because I did a test with the fan on but outside the case, results are the same as fan inside.

Uhh... no idea which one I got.
I cant tell the difference anyway.

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #79,729 of 177,745
Got exams in two hours. I'm psyched! I really like this subject, and I can't wait to see what the exam brings me. The subject is 'Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations'.

Thats because you are in Germany. Where western europe and america BEAT all nationalism, and military pride, ethics and teachings out of your society.

Most send their kids to military to teach them values, and how to be a better more organized person. Ready for the world etc etc.

And please calling them nazis(even if they like it) has a bad connotation to it

In the Netherlands there are very few people going to the military today. Thing is, you need to have a medium-high education to get in the military, and the pay ain't even that great for the lower positions. Usually you're much much better of just studying your ass off for a couple years and build up a good career.
A lot of the Dutch think we're already spending way too much on the military on top of that. Just recently we sold every single one of our tanks. The 2010 House of Representatives (the most important governing body of the Netherlands) fell over the issue of whether the Dutch should retreat their troops or not because they weren't being useful and cost way too much money.
As I see it, a lot of the Dutch see the military not as a pride but as a burden, and I would imagine something similar being true in Germany as well.

Sorry but my brain refuses to work properly at 7 am.

Then don't go on head-fi at ungodly hours like those. Be like me and just get up at 9:30 am, and spend a good hour just on your morning routine. It is very relaxing. :D

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #79,732 of 177,745

[rule]Oh dang, I still need to watch that! What sub group did you use?

Its not only the fan, I did a test without the fan off and there's still noise.

and the fan's not producing EMI because I did a test with the fan on but outside the case, results are the same as fan inside.

[rule]Uhh... no idea which one I got.
I cant tell the difference anyway.

Ah okay, then I'd guess the power supply as well, just based off a hunch with no logic to back it up though, haha.
Yeah, you and your good Japanese T.T
I'm getting good enough now to where I can start to get the gist of basic sentences without reading the subs! :D

Got exams in two hours. I'm psyched! I really like this subject, and I can't wait to see what the exam brings me. The subject is 'Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations'.

Thats because you are in Germany. Where western europe and america BEAT all nationalism, and military pride, ethics and teachings out of your society.

Most send their kids to military to teach them values, and how to be a better more organized person. Ready for the world etc etc.

And please calling them nazis(even if they like it) has a bad connotation to it

In the Netherlands there are very few people going to the military today. Thing is, you need to have a medium-high education to get in the military, and the pay ain't even that great for the lower positions. Usually you're much much better of just studying your ass off for a couple years and build up a good career.
A lot of the Dutch think we're already spending way too much on the military on top of that. Just recently we sold every single one of our tanks. The 2010 House of Representatives (the most important governing body of the Netherlands) fell over the issue of whether the Dutch should retreat their troops or not because they weren't being useful and cost way too much money.
As I see it, a lot of the Dutch see the military not as a pride but as a burden, and I would imagine something similar being true in Germany as well.

Sorry but my brain refuses to work properly at 7 am.

Then don't go on head-fi at ungodly hours like those. Be like me and just get up at 9:30 am, and spend a good hour just on your morning routine. It is very relaxing. :D

Ooh, ganbatte on your exams! Soo glad I'm done with exams until next school year. It's nice to see you back on btw bro, brings back memories of last summer... (^ω^)

Interesting about the military as well. I wish sometimes the US could do that, but they couldn't do so without drastically changing a lot of stuff...

Haha, I tend to spend 1.5-2 hours on my usual wake-up routine :D

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #79,733 of 177,745
Ooh, ganbatte on your exams! Soo glad I'm done with exams until next school year. It's nice to see you back on btw bro, brings back memories of last summer... (^ω^)

Well lately my maximum periods of inactivity have been around 2 weeks. I'm still active on this forum, just sporadically.

For me it's just two more exams after this. Then I'm free! ...Sort of.
Because I can't take regular courses first semester of my third year because I'll be abroad, I have to pack a lot of subjects in the first semester of the second year. One of the ugly things is that I'll take Quantum Mechanics I & II at the same time. That ain't gonna work, so I have to prepare QM I in the summer vacation. :frowning2:

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #79,734 of 177,745
Congrats on quad HS.

D@mn head-fi mobile for not even showing my post count! I totally missed it! This was my 6000th post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/538615/if-you-still-love-etymotic-er4-this-is-the-thread-for-you/1845#post_9554355

And thanks Rikkun :3

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #79,735 of 177,745

Well lately my maximum periods of inactivity have been around 2 weeks. I'm still active on this forum, just sporadically.

For me it's just two more exams after this. Then I'm free! ...Sort of.
Because I can't take regular courses first semester of my third year because I'll be abroad, I have to pack a lot of subjects in the first semester of the second year. One of the ugly things is that I'll take Quantum Mechanics I & II at the same time. That ain't gonna work, so I have to prepare QM I in the summer vacation. :frowning2:

Haha, so you will really be studying in Japan? Very nice.
That doesn't sound like much fun... Reminds me that I need to get started on java at some point in the summer... >_>
But hey, it'll be worth it when you get to have fun on your 3rd year, right?
And I know this is really late to say this, but I still remember how interesting it was to read up on your trip to America last year :)
Well with that I'm off to sleep. Work and packing bright and early in the morning tomorrow. Oyasumi!

Jun 24, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #79,736 of 177,745
Quote:
I hate the name Rikka. Also I hate it when in anime they call someone Rikku. Makes me cringe every time they say it. ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

fine fine, I'll use 六花 from now on
tongue.gif

Quote:

Haha, hope you have fun
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #79,737 of 177,745
8th: Genetics exam
16th: Linear algebra and discret structures
18th: Algorithms and data structures
22th: Database systems
24th: Medical engineering
26th: Physiology

damn

Might be a good idea actually start learning a bit more focused.

Jun 24, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #79,738 of 177,745
Quote:
8th: Genetics exam
16th: Linear algebra and discret structures
18th: Algorithms and data structures
22th: Database systems
24th: Medical engineering
26th: Physiology

damn

Might be a good idea actually start learning a bit more focused.

damn.... so when will you need both CS and medical knowledge at the same time? (besides taking your course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back