「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #79,666 of 177,745
Hmm not that easy to distinguish between french and german people, if you ask me. But you can clearly say that someone is from Eastern Europe and not from Spain or something :p
But there are also some more complicated things like, German-born Turks do look different from Turks who are actually from Turky.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #79,667 of 177,745
BTW Bowei, it's possible to distinguish a French from another European person.
I can't really go into the details because it's quite difficult but having spent all my life near French people, I can moderately distinguish them. All I can say is that their faces are a bit sharper than other people.

It's not hard at all.

In most cases I can tell from which European country someone is by their behavior and looks, without even hearing them say anything.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #79,668 of 177,745
I can distinguish Asian people as well though not very well.
I can sometimes tell the difference between a Japanese, Korean or a Chinese individual. Though Korean people should be easy to guess since they all have perfect faces :wink:.
South Asian people are easier though.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #79,669 of 177,745
Quote:
I can sometimes tell the difference between a Japanese, Korean or a Chinese individual. Though Korean people should be easy to guess since they all have perfect faces :wink:.

I don't know enough South Asian countries, their cultures to be able to accurately guess them

Because middle eastern, Indian, some African, south Asian sometimes look similar. SOMETIMES. Not always.

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #79,670 of 177,745
I think I will be dropping Shingeki no Kyojin for a while.
I have read the manga and it spoiled me a lot so I really won't bother going through the same exact story again. I won't get as much excitement as before.

Any anime suggestions that is not ecchi, harem or loli?

Jun 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #79,671 of 177,745

Sweet, your review is sweet! :D

I might have skipped that part, but did you talk about the soundstage?

Haha thanks, I did in fact forget to go over the soundstage, since I don't really give a schiit about soundstage too much. I'd say it's average for an IEM though.

FTFY

I learned a trick from Reddit to ALWAYS tell people online(for people you won't meet ever again, like game rooms or a Reddit reply) that you are Canadian if you are actually American.

You go abroad to any country? You are Canadian. 

No wonder our names are being tarnished lately 
rolleyes.gif

Here's another tip: if you go to Japan, say you're Taiwanese not Chinese.
Actually, do us a favor and don't do it unless your life depends on it.

Lololololololol!

As an Ayase fan, the latest Oreimo episode is pretty good, but at the same time very sad... T_T

Yahari xxx is pending to be my most favourite anime of 2013

....and yeah, Valvrave never failed to suprise me so far, I do hope Shouko to survive through this season though...

Yup, I've been liking ayase quite a bit, so I didn't like the latest episode either haha.

How do you perform this magic? T.T
[rule]
Yay, another box will soon be on its way from Japan! :D

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #79,673 of 177,745
Shinsekai yori last few episodes are hard to digest.
I only have 4 episodes left but, man, this anime gets crueler and crueler.
Still keeps being awesome, though :p

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #79,676 of 177,745
Ugg, I'm now caught up with The Breaker:New waves, Kenichi, Gantz, Fairy Tail, any good mangas you guys been reading?

manga recommendations
-[COLOR=FF00AA]onani master kurosawa[/COLOR]
-[COLOR=FF00AA]wakusei no samidare[/COLOR]
-oyasumi punpun
-banana no nana
-[COLOR=FF00AA]shingeki no kyojin[/COLOR]
-[COLOR=FF00AA]franken fran[/COLOR]
-battle angel alita
-otoyomegatari
-cradle of monsters
-reversible
-Annarasumanara
-Yume no Omocha Koujo-
-[COLOR=FF00AA]yotsuba&![/COLOR]
-it's not my fault that I'm not popular!
-O/A
-spirit circle
-[COLOR=FF00AA]tail star[/COLOR]
-tsunbaka
-[COLOR=FF00AA]molester man.[/COLOR]

pick one

Bold ones are mangas that I recommend reading ASAP.

Pink ones are what True Human should read ASAP ASAP.

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #79,677 of 177,745
Quote:
-it's not my fault that I'm not popular!

I'll just wait for the animu version :3
#hyped

If I would ever start reading manga, I would need to buy the actual "book" itself. These things made out of paper. You people might probably remember them.
I really don't like reading e-books and such. So reading manga online kind of is a nono for me.

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #79,680 of 177,745
Quote:
Mega cringe. Just reading the manga sometimes has me feeling so awkward that I have to stop for a few minutes.
That said, does anyone have the song from the trailer?
Also hi guys I'm new.

Hello, welcome to our humble thread! Reading the first page quickly will let you know what we think.

So whats up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back