「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #78,901 of 177,745
All you overly smart person scare me :'(

My only wish is to get my Bachelor of Science. Master isn't a thing I'm even thinking about. No way my marks will be good enough for that.

And studying abroad? Way too expensive and yeah there is the thing with my marks.

I don't even know if I really want to be a programmer person. Sure, I'm studying computer science coding stuff and I'm not too bad at it, but I also don't really enjoy it.

It's interesting and that's pretty much it.

Awww, don't be like that. Getting a bachelor of science is still better than at least 95% of the population as far as I know.

Rather than calling me overly smart, just call me an overly motivated workaholic. And don't forget that that no matter how high you are, you'll still feel insecure. I'm always doubting if I can do what I'm aiming for, or I'm pondering what the point of it all is.

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #78,902 of 177,745
Quote:
Need more nekomimi.

There's more nekomimi in my other possessions... 
wink.gif

I'll update my FOSTEX mousepad picture with a nekomimi next month. I'll keep ya posted! (hopefully I don't forget lol)

Quote:
Really?

I saw the recent anime last year and despite watching through 13 episodes or whatever, I disliked its repetetiveness

The anime wasn't praised, really, but the game is a different story.
Cause people that actually play these kind of RPG know it's repetitive and "repetitive" is not a word you can use as complaint.

Quote:
All you overly smart person scare me :'(
My only wish is to get my Bachelor of Science. Master isn't a thing I'm even thinking about. No way my marks will be good enough for that.
And studying abroad? Way too expensive and yeah there is the thing with my marks.
I don't even know if I really want to be a programmer person. Sure, I'm studying computer science coding stuff and I'm not too bad at it, but I also don't really enjoy it.
It's interesting and that's pretty much it.

My thoughts exactly.
ToT
Not good enough grades for masters. No money for studies abroad...

Quote:
Awww, don't be like that. Getting a bachelor of science is still better than at least 95% of the population as far as I know.

Rather than calling me overly smart, just call me an overly motivated workaholic. And don't forget that that no matter how high you are, you'll still feel insecure. I'm always doubting if I can do what I'm aiming for, or I'm pondering what the point of it all is.

I can be a workaholic but my memory just doesn't give a crap about what I want and what I don't...

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #78,903 of 177,745
Thanks for the kind words :)

One of my problems is, that I never learned how to learn properly.
I rushed through school without really having to learn anything. Was pretty cool to get fairly good marks without touching my books and notes in before tests etc.
But that way, I never skipped something I really need now in university. The part where you find out the best way for you to learn stuff :|
Not really sure how to fix that now....

Oh look! Another great piece of equipment for sale!
And guess who won't have enough money in time to buy it?
Moi ♥

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668293/stax-2020-system

Go for it, folks!

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #78,904 of 177,745
Quote:
There's more nekomimi in my other possessions... 
wink.gif

I'll update my FOSTEX mousepad picture with a nekomimi next month. I'll keep ya posted! (hopefully I don't forget lol)

The anime wasn't praised, really, but the game is a different story.
Cause people that actually play these kind of RPG know it's repetitive and "repetitive" is not a word you can use as complaint.

My thoughts exactly.
ToT
Not good enough grades for masters. No money for studies abroad...

I can be a workaholic but my memory just doesn't give a crap about what I want and what I don't...

Yeah, the anime however was pretty bad

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #78,906 of 177,745
Quote:
Can anyone recommend an Anime similar to Getbackers?

Black Cat
Gintama
Darker than Black
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Hellsing
Code Breaker
Zombie Loan
Scryed

I've seen them all except that I dropped Darker than Black, Gintama, and never saw Black Cat.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #78,907 of 177,745
Thanks for the kind words :)

One of my problems is, that I never learned how to learn properly.

I rushed through school without really having to learn anything. Was pretty cool to get fairly good marks without touching my books and notes in before tests etc.

But that way, I never skipped something I really need now in university. The part where you find out the best way for you to learn stuff :|

Not really sure how to fix that now....

Same here. But luckily I study mathematics and physics. Meaning the only useful way to study is by practicing questions, and you'll build up an intuition for what questions are a good practice and which are not in no time. While doing practice questions all day long is by no means easy, it is at least a very structured way of learning that is also very effective.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #78,912 of 177,745
Quote:
Same here. But luckily I study mathematics and physics. Meaning the only useful way to study is by practicing questions, and you'll build up an intuition for what questions are a good practice and which are not in no time. While doing practice questions all day long is by no means easy, it is at least a very structured way of learning that is also very effective.

Yup, I also really prefer the more "practical" approach. That's why I gather old exams and try to analyze what is maybe going to be asked in my exams. It works kind of.

I just started watching Tamayura.
Oh boy, i don't think I can watch through the whole anime.
a) It seems just TOO friendly and fluffy. Not in a K-On sense with all it's comedy and so on, but just...friendly friendly. No idea how to put that in words.
b) Personal reasons. Yup, sounds weird, but its true. I really don't want to spread even more negative vibrations here, but I can relate to the girl in that show a bit too much (father died when I was young, also loved photography blablabla).
Watching that anime really makes me feel weird.

*cough*
Yeah that's it.
Have some overly epic Final Fantasy medly music

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #78,913 of 177,745
Quote:
Awesome thanks, I'm gonna watch Zombie Loan first, I've heard good things about it.

Don't remember it too well. It was ok. Nothing memorable

I recommend ScryEd or something.
Quote:
They typically aren't trolling. They just have a specific form of humor which some people can not appreciate, which causes them to label their actions as trolling.
Just like happens with me very often.

I love it though.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #78,915 of 177,745
Quote:
Argh, I want my Aku no Hana. What's taking you so long [gg]?

lol just watch raw, you know japanese right?

Quote:
They typically aren't trolling. They just have a specific form of humor which some people can not appreciate, which causes them to label their actions as trolling.
Just like happens with me very often.

gg trolling? the only form of trolling I've experienced from them is swapping out the OP/ED songs for something else or putting random ads in between.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back