「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #77,943 of 177,744
Quote:
We are pretty active on skype :). Join us! and let your productivity fall
size]

This.

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #77,944 of 177,744
Quote:
We are pretty active on skype :). Join us! and let your productivity fall! 
size]

Okay I might wait to join it until I finished my exams next month....

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #77,945 of 177,744
Got back from our graduation party. Sammiches and illegal gambling made for a great night. 
Made $26 gambling because the teacher dealt us to win and didn't make us pay if we lost...
And I won $20, but Atom won a lot more, including a mini fridge that was quite an epic challenge to fit in my midsize sedan...

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #77,946 of 177,744
Haven't posted here in a little while.

I see few young'ons just graduated from high school, welcome to the real life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do anime's based on good manga's suck?

Omamori Hinamori manga = not finished

Hinamori anime = finished 

They changed the damn ending and cut off major bits of the manga as well as few sub-main characters. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #77,948 of 177,744
Quote:
Yo.

How did exams go, Boris? As well as the others who had exams, of course.

Hey Tilpo! What's up?
I'm headed off to sleep or else I would chat with you more :frowning2:
Just graduated today personally though :)

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #77,950 of 177,744
I went to an anime convention a week ago.
It was from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, and had approximately 4k visitors. It was a lot of fun, but unfortunately due to complications I did not sleep from Friday to Saturday and played Super Smash all night. Saturday I was a complete zombie.
I wish I needed less sleep *cries*.

On another note, just a little of 3 weeks until summer vacation! Yay!

I have no definite plans for summer vacation other than that I plan to learn a programming language in that time. Probably C++.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #77,952 of 177,744
Got 2 more exams left which should be easy. 

I'm graduating soon too~~~~

Graduating from my 3rd year at uni :)

Come at me Masters degree!

Nice :D

I'm only at the end of my first year, still got a long way to go.

Hey Tilpo! What's up?
I'm headed off to sleep or else I would chat with you more :frowning2:
Just graduated today personally though :)

Good luck in college. It'll be loads more fun than high school, because you actually get to specialize on what interests you, and in my case you'll suddenly have a lot of friends, whereas high school was quite dry social-wise.

The exam results came out quick in that case. For IB I remember it taking about a month.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #77,953 of 177,744
ooo....C++.

Any past programming languages?

I've got the hang of Mathematica, and I used to program in Actionscript 3 (Adobe Flash). Oh -- and I can do LaTeX decently.
I also did some command-line C++, but not really enough to be noteworthy.

So no, not really. The thing is, I want to learn a programming language that I would use for numerical computation and data processing in cases where higher level functional programming languages like Mathematica and MATLAB would be too slow.
So it would come down to making relatively simple but highly optimized programs, so high level program languages like Ruby, Python and Java are a no-go. So I was torn between C# and C++, but I think C++ is better since most physicists I know use that too, and because it is better for optimization purposes.
Great disadvantage is of course steep learning curve. But if I can build up a decent level in either C# or C++ it'll be a great addition to my resume.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #77,954 of 177,744
Quote:
On another note, just a little of 3 weeks until summer vacation! Yay!

I have no definite plans for summer vacation other than that I plan to learn a programming language in that time. Probably C++.

That sounds more like something one would normally do during winter vacation :|
But all power to you!
I'm studying Medical Computer Science, so I'm pretty glad to not see some code for a while :D
Hmmm, but besides avoiding to get in contact with coding of any sorts, I have no idea what to do in summer too. Riding bicycle, long days at the beach (I love living near the sea) etc. are part of the usual plan, but I don't have anything special in mind.
Well, a friend from Hongkong is visiting me for a week but that's it.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #77,955 of 177,744
I recommend starting off with the basics of C, do some basics off online tutorials get the hang of it, move onto C++ or C Sharp, both have trade off's and similarities so neither of them are higher up over another.

So either of these pathways:

_   C+

_   C#

I'm no pro at programming but I've done C, Python, Pascal, C++, VB, Java and PHP out of all these languages PHP, Java and C++ was the most difficult due to the bs syntax and inability to cross-platform commands that you get use to learning a particular language for 3 months then moving onto another one.

Yes steep learning curve required indeed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back