「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #77,371 of 177,750
Quote:
maybe it was the angle of your shot. Honestly I'm not that bothered to go google it though.

Ahh ok. Next time when I've changed the tyres and wheels I will do a proper photoshoot that is not on my driveway.

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #77,372 of 177,750
Quote:
Maybe I don't listen to much Supercell, or maybe my superior taste in anime has led me to good mastered OSTs and OP/ED singles, but I haven't encountered such instances. What are the few supercell albums with shoddy mastering?

Supercell (self-titled, Vocaloid Album)
Today is a beautiful day (feat. Yanagi Nagi)
All the music from Guilty Crown
A myriad of Vocaloid Singles.

Don't get me wrong I like the music. Just not how it's presented. It is incredibly compressed. Its mostly apparent with snares which have no air, drum hits from silence that don't have impact, cymbals during busy passages which just turn into soup.

Listen to Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari. Starts off with Nagi's vocals and some piano tinkling...so far so good. When she sings "hoshi" listen to the snare and the cymbals relative to everything else. Nothing...no impact. Sounds like its miles away and then when it starts gathering steam as the song fully develops, its back to being a few feet away.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #77,373 of 177,750
Jun 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #77,376 of 177,750
Quote:
Hentai Ouji has the cutest OP animation this season.

Dat face rub

Edit
:

Add ED as well....

Maybe it's because I haven't watched the series yet but I just watched the opening and ending themes and found them more disturbing than cute...

Quote:
Quote:

Wait, only 45k Yen for a new set? Amplifier and all that? Where?

Oh and what are bid snipers?

The internet! :wink: It's all there; amp and phones
I used this to win the ADDIEMs: http://www.gixen.com/index.php

Hm, *goes to check it out*.
Is this legal by the way?

Wow this thing is pretty cheap. T_T

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #77,377 of 177,750
Maybe it's because I haven't watched the series yet but I just watched the opening and ending themes and found them more disturbing than cute...

You need to watchthe series and develop an understanding and affinity for the MCs to find it very cute.

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #77,379 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, only 45k Yen for a new set? Amplifier and all that? Where?

Oh and what are bid snipers?

The internet! :wink: It's all there; amp and phones
I used this to win the ADDIEMs: http://www.gixen.com/index.php

Wow this thing is pretty cheap. T_T

I'm pretty sure they're legal? I'm not totally sure though lol

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #77,380 of 177,750
Quote:
Wow! Looks niceu!
You really should prototype it before having PCBs ordered so it doesn't turn out like PT again. :S

lol this IS the prototype.
I can't prototype without the PCBs, most components wont even fit on a prefboard.

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #77,381 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Looks niceu!
You really should prototype it before having PCBs ordered so it doesn't turn out like PT again. :S

lol this IS the prototype.
I can't prototype without the PCBs, most components wont even fit on a prefboard.

But are you ordering a bunch of PCBs, or just one set?

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #77,383 of 177,750
Quote:
What are the few supercell albums with shoddy mastering?

Melt (Vocaloid). I remember transcribing this for piano; it left my ears ringing for hours. Everything just blasts in your ears. Arrangement is good, post-production is not.

On the topic of poor mastering:
K-ON Ops and Eds are just as bad. Fripside as well (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun).

SMILE -You & Me- is a good song for testing my rig. It's difficult to find these type of music.

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #77,384 of 177,750
Quote:
Melt (Vocaloid). I remember transcribing this for piano; it left my ears ringing for hours. Everything just blasts in your ears. Arrangement is good, post-production is not.

SMILE -You & Me- is a good song for testing my rig. It's difficult to find these type of music.

Somehow I don't hear a problem with any of these songs LOL

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #77,385 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
What are the few supercell albums with shoddy mastering?

You bet they are. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back