「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #67,381 of 177,744
Hey everyone !

The Scandal concert was AMAZING ! Love the live-house setting rock concerts have ! You won't be able to find that sort of intimacy with regular stadium wide concerts.

The towel swinging during doll was epic ! 

Their hands were so soft, wished the high five session was longer ;__;

Can't wait for their new single to be released !

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #67,384 of 177,744
Quote:
Or are the "guests" all the people who choose to sign on as invisible?

IIRC it doesn't even show them as guests if they choose to be shown as inactive/hidden.

I'm starting to lose track of everybody. Dunbar's number for me is too high. 
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #67,386 of 177,744
The scariest thing just happened to me....

When I plugged in my Ext. HDD, a dialogue box saying "the disk inserted was not readable" and asks me to format the disk.
All of my Anime, Manga, Music, Games, Backups and Software... EVERYTHING was in that Ext. HDD.... (about 2TB of data total.)
That moment, my heart just sank into the abyss and almost cried.....

so then I unplugged it and plugged it back in, the disk activity LED lits up as I wait with my fingers crossed.
about 20 seconds later my volumes were mounted again - sudden relieve, that 20 seconds listed an eternity.

Phew~

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #67,387 of 177,744
Quote:
The scariest thing just happened to me....

When I plugged in my Ext. HDD, a dialogue box saying "the disk inserted was not readable" and asks me to format the disk.
All of my Anime, Manga, Music, Games, Backups and Software... EVERYTHING was in that Ext. HDD.... (about 2TB of data total.)
That moment, my heart just sank into the abyss and almost cried.....

so then I unplugged it and plugged it back in, the disk activity LED lits up as I wait with my fingers crossed.
about 20 seconds later my volumes were mounted again - sudden relieve, that 20 seconds listed an eternity.

Phew~

Back up your stuff ASAP. Looks like your hard drive is dying.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #67,388 of 177,744
Quote:
Bass quantity/quality, midrange quantity/quality, etc. Just emphasis on the frequency range (or lack thereof) that I might happen to prefer. However you would want the sound to be presented. Technical performance like soundstaging (how large the uhm...stage size is), imaging/positioning (how accurately they position each aspect of the sound relative to the recording), transient speeds (how they keep up with note pacing), note presentation/decay (how long the notes last for), etc.

As an example, would personally would go for something linear, tight impact, fast, extreme clarity and transparent, smooth but acceptably emphasized treble.

Closed-back or open-backed is another issue. Would also be useful to point out how you'd use them (at home, on-the-go). 

Anyways, the CALs! Mice mentioned would be a fine starting block point (What's a block).

As in starting a race to head-fi nirvana?

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #67,389 of 177,744
Quote:
Do people still do that nowadays? I remember it being rampant in the early parts of this decade (can't say I'm not guilty of it) but by now it's really more of an urban myth than not, right? 
For that matter do people still send malware links nowadays?
But honestly people, that goes beyond common sense. Common sense is checking the URL validity and cookies and scripts and referrers. Anyone that clicks on an unknown link/attachment in this day and age should really rethink their place on the evolutionary ladder.

You'd be surprised how many older folks do.  They just dont take the time to READ wht the pop up is saying and they LOOK legit.  There are still redirectors amd worms being distributed that hi-jack internet explorer and other processes on supposedly 'secured' computers.  Even if these computers are behind multilayerd fire walls with ACTIVE defensive capabilites that are monitored by IS hounds.  The more sofisticated the defense, the more sofisticated teh attack...

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #67,390 of 177,744
Quote:
You'd be surprised how many older folks do.  They just dont take the time to READ wht the pop up is saying and they LOOK legit.  There are still redirectors amd worms being distributed that hi-jack internet explorer and other processes on supposedly 'secured' computers.  Even if these computers are behind multilayerd fire walls with ACTIVE defensive capabilites that are monitored by IS hounds.  The more sofisticated the defense, the more sofisticated teh attack...

LOL guys my dad ran Combofix yesterday and screwed up his OS. He had to restore his Ghost from two years ago.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #67,392 of 177,744
Quote:
Ouch...that sucks, but did you help him learn from HIS mistake?  payback time....

Nope. I wasn't even there when he did it. I just looked it up and facepalmed.

He didn't even have a virus. He just thought that it could remove some leftover stuff from uninstalling and ran it. Apparently it didn't even create a system restore point for some reason.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #67,393 of 177,744
Quote:

Nope. I wasn't even there when he did it. I just looked it up and facepalmed.

He didn't even have a virus. He just thought that it could remove some leftover stuff from uninstalling and ran it. Apparently it didn't even create a system restore point for some reason.

OH well opportunity missed, but at least you found the evidence.  When I built a computer for my mom I gave her a limited account, she did NOT like that.  She has admin account now.  So I have had to drive five hours a few times for 'tech support' trips.  I think it might be her way of getting me to come visit.   Oh, and i got a call from her a few weeks ago telling be she took it upon herself to upgradefrom Win7 to Win8 by downloading the update.  Talk about a shock to the system.  But i have to say, it actually worked out for her (luck? I think).  I told her in no uncertain terms to NOT do the same thing with the the MX18 laptop I bought her.  Luckily I have a full system backup for that machine ata my place.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #67,395 of 177,744
Atom, look at the HA-S500s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back