「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #66,796 of 177,744
I'm not sure what your policy on self-promotion is but all I have to say is that my band's album is out and it's "Name your own price" so you can get it for free. I'm hesitant on posting the link because I'm not sure what will happen.

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #66,797 of 177,744
Originally Posted by Erojohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure what your policy on self-promotion is but all I have to say is that my band's album is out and it's "Name your own price" so you can get it for free. I'm hesitant on posting the link because I'm not sure what will happen.

What genre?

Please don't say metal with screaming vocals.

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #66,799 of 177,744
Quote:

What genre?

tags: alternative ambient electrorock indie rock punk rock shoegaze New Jersey

And sorry, I'm actually low on space (and I mean it!). 
Oh, and there's this band: http://thegigabytes.bandcamp.com/ (blah, blah blah self-promotion policy. Like we have one :wink:)

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #66,800 of 177,744
Quote:

What genre?

Quote:
I must say that I don't care much for club music either.

Neither. Indie Rock, Shoegaze, and Electrorock. I'm still not sure if I should post the link but you can find it on the facebook page.

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #66,801 of 177,744
Quote:

tags: alternative ambient electrorock indie rock punk rock shoegaze New Jersey

And sorry, I'm actually low on space (and I mean it!). 
Oh, and there's this band: http://thegigabytes.bandcamp.com/ (blah, blah blah self-promotion policy. Like we have one :wink:)

I think I love you. Thank you for very much because I know some sites don't look kindly at self-promotion.

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #66,802 of 177,744
Quote:
asdkfhlaksjdfh l need that figurine, NAO!

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Nice!
Are those Heirs?

Quote:
Looks like it

Quote:
Damn, that looks like an excellent album!
That is awesome!
Heir 8A if I'm not mistaken
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!!
yes those are heir 8a.

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #66,803 of 177,744
I posted it on thread in /mu/ I got this as a response

Someone said it was one of the best in the thread (it was not me)

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #66,804 of 177,744

Post it

I think I love you. Thank you for very much because I know some sites don't look kindly at self-promotion.

Currawong may not care?

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #66,805 of 177,744
Quote:
Post it
Currawong may not care?

Accoun already posted it. I just want to know what you guys think about it. I'm Dan btw, one of the guitarists on it.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #66,806 of 177,744

Neither. Indie Rock, Shoegaze, and Electrorock. I'm still not sure if I should post the link but you can find it on the facebook page.

Bought the FLAC version for $10.

Track 1, What the hell is going on at 1:13? It sounds terrible.

Track 2, I'm not sure if the distortion on the vocals is intentional or not, but it's pretty bad, it kind of sounds like clipping.

Track 3, Finally something listenable, =P, it's okay, sounds quite 'mono' though.

Track 4, Could use a little more dynamic range, but it's forgivable given the nature of the track, minimal distortion on the vocals, I likey!

Track 5, Uh oh, minor clipping on the vocals again!

Track 6, Distortion is getting annoying for the instruments at the 1:30 mark, which gets distracting during the singing.

Track 7, Well it's not dumb like track 1, so it's a thumbs up from me! 

Track 8, Good.

Track 9, Wish it was a little cleaner sounding, but again, that's just my preferences. Female vocalist at 3:15ish needs to back away from the mic a touch, she's loud but you can't really hear her voice properly due to the proximity effect.

Track 10, I like it.

Track 11, see Track 7.

I'm no audiophile, and I know nothing about music, so those are just my brief thoughts after having a listen through.

No hard feelings, I'm just not into the genre~

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #66,807 of 177,744
Quote:

Bought the FLAC version for $10.

Track 1, What the hell is going on at 1:13? It sounds terrible.

Track 2, I'm not sure if the distortion on the vocals is intentional or not, but it's pretty bad, it kind of sounds like clipping.

Track 3, Finally something listenable, =P, it's okay, sounds quite 'mono' though.

Track 4, Could use a little more dynamic range, but it's forgivable given the nature of the track, minimal distortion on the vocals, I likey!

Track 5, Uh oh, minor clipping on the vocals again!

Track 6, Distortion is getting annoying for the instruments at the 1:30 mark, which gets distracting during the singing.

Track 7, Well it's not dumb like track 1, so it's a thumbs up from me! 

Track 8, Good.

Track 9, Wish it was a little cleaner sounding, but again, that's just my preferences. Female vocalist at 3:15ish needs to back away from the mic a touch, she's loud but you can't really hear her voice properly due to the proximity effect.

Track 10, I like it.

Track 11, see Track 7.

I'm no audiophile, and I know nothing about music, so those are just my brief thoughts after having a listen through.

No hard feelings, I'm just not into the genre~

Thank you so much for buying it. I'm just glad you listened to it and had some opinions on it. Our recording equipment is a Macbook with GarageBand and a RockBand microphone so I know that a lot of it isn't going to come out good. The songs were written and sung by my friend Chris, he also did the production. I'm trying to learn how to write and produce so this way there is some variation. Once again I'm just really happy that you listened to it and I promise our next release will have less production mistakes.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #66,808 of 177,744

Thank you so much for buying it. I'm just glad you listened to it and had some opinions on it. Our recording equipment is a Macbook with GarageBand and a RockBand microphone so I know that a lot of it isn't going to come out good. The songs were written and sung by my friend Chris, he also did the production. I'm trying to learn how to write and produce so this way there is some variation. Once again I'm just really happy that you listened to it and I promise our next release will have less production mistakes.

You're welcome, I'm all ears for your next release, just post in this thread when it's out.

Can you confirm track 1 @ 1:15 - 1:25ish is supposed to sound like that? Maybe there's a problem with the upload?

It's very very strange, and it almost sounds damaging for headphones. I listened to that section five or ten times and I still can't put my finger on whether it was intentional or not.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #66,809 of 177,744
Quote:

You're welcome, I'm all ears for your next release, just post in this thread when it's out.

Can you confirm track 1 @ 1:15 - 1:25ish is supposed to sound like that? Maybe there's a problem with the upload?

It's very very strange, and it almost sounds damaging for headphones. I listened to that section five or ten times and I still can't put my finger on whether it was intentional or not.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional. He likes noise-rock so that justifies it. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back