「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #65,329 of 177,744
SSY is going to have 24-26 eps? I thought it was going to be one of those 1 cour animu

I always log out when I just want to lurk or go away. Old habits die hard. Been doing my most productive lurking without an account for years. The feed numbers and PMs and subscriptions just get in the way of my monumentally unflinching lurking focus.

FFFOOOOCCCUUUUSSSS.

WHAT'S THIS FRom.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #65,330 of 177,744
Quote:

Oh really? Think of another reference it could be making, and see rant attached below
I know that. While I don't know my greek mythology that well, I don't believe they ever questioned why the sirens came to earth?

I'm pretty sure if it was referring to the Odyssey, it would have been posted online by now by someone on the borderlands wiki. Also, the description thing wouldn't make any sense. I'll run through my analysis though.
First, let me repost the pic:

First off, I would like to mention the alliteration used here. They could have just as easily said Maya's song (the name of the character in the game that's a siren.) Now this could obviously be a reference to the Odyssey, but the alliteration also might suggest a reference to Saya's song. They could have easily picked a different word other than song, although that could obviously be a reference to the Siren's ability. I don't think this is the case though, because the text really does not relate to the title whatsoever. It would have made more sense for Gearbox to use a different title if they weren't trying to make a reference.
Next, let's look at the text itself. "Find out why Maya came to Pandora." This could easily be substituted in to say "Find out why Saya came to Earth." If you play through the game, you realize near the end

That this was one of the doctor's questions as well, why did Saya come to Earth?
Of course, I could always just be overanalyzing this piece as well.

I think it's safe to assume though that with all the other references this game makes, that there is at least some sort of reference in this line.

Yes... What gave you any idea it was set on Earth???
Dang, that scenery looks quite... European...
Very nice!

You are definitely overanalyzing it. I would agree with you only if they made other Japanese references that are related to VNs, manga, or anime. They do, however, have references to mythology (mainly Greek), which is most logical in this case.
Quote:

Misaka <3

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #65,331 of 177,744
Quote:
You are definitely overanalyzing it. I would agree with you only if the made other Japanese references that are related to VNs, manga, or anime. They do, however, have an abundance in references to mythology (mainly Greek), which is most logical in this case.

Lol, that would be so awesome if he was

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #65,333 of 177,744
Anyone know some bands similar to HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR? 
L3000.gif

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #65,338 of 177,744
Quote:
L3000.gif

T.M Revolution
Nami Tamaki

Quote:
Just finished Heart of the Swarm. Now only another 2 years to wait for Legacy of the Void.

Said every South Korean ever as they now realize they need to join the military so that they get a chance to play Legacy of the Void. Lol

Ain't NOBODY GONNA STOP THEM from playing STAWWWCRWAAAFT!

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #65,340 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
L3000.gif

In which way? The heavily produced pop-rockish part, or the female + male with a bit of screamo vocal part?

*throws out a random screamo band suggestion*
Dazzle Vision? They played before HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR at Sakura-Con 3 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back