「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #64,062 of 177,744
Quote:
tumblr_lwyut2jykg1qie9yio1_500.jpg

Hm, so with that one key, you'll be shoving your finger in her mouth, and with the other key, in her eye? Interesting to note. I have to wonder what other buttons of her's you can push on. :wink:

Quote:
Ok so I ranted a few pages back that the mastering of All Alone With You by Egoist was pretty piss poor during the chorus. I said that the drums were very much incoherent and lost between the instruments, the bass is distorted and the guitar has lost its grit. The vocals were OK though. So I did some tinkering with the music files to sort of "remaster" it somewhat using what I have. The results are positive but still left to be desired. The drums are now present but is a bit loose and boomy, the bass is smoother and the vocals are still great.
Here's what I did:
This is the waveform of the song in its original state (Audacity).

It's pretty much compressed all the way in the chorus.

What I needed next was the vocals only but since there are no multitracks for this song, there's only one way.
All I needed to do was put the original and the instrumental track through Audacity and invert the instrumental track and then exporting making sure that the gain on both tracks are at -5dB. The addition of two opposites of a wave signal will make silence except for the vocals. The result is this:

It's not perfect because I can still hear some instruments but it should do.

Next I took the instrumental track and EQed it to bring the bass around the 75Hz to life then I put the vocal track in and mixed it down, the result is this:

The bass is a bit boomy but the song is no longer strident.

Now any volunteers that want to test my "remaster"? Can I post links for the track or is it better to PM?

Ooh ooh, can you PM me the latest version of this too? I'm kind of curious. I remember doing phase cancellation to remove the vocals from a track before, or something like that.

Yay for Fire Emblem: Awakening support conversations/flirting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back