「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #63,991 of 177,744
Quote:
Anybody here watch Tekkonkinkreet? I really like the art style and the kuro/shiro, black/white, darkness/light theme it has.

Never finished it towards the end but it was thoroughly enjoyable for the most part. What I did enjoy was the artbook for the film I got. Concept art was very neat. These pics do them more justice than I ever will. 

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/japan/tekkon-kinkreet-art-book-white-shiro-side/

Huh, Blu-ray. A bit late, but just found out myself.
http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/animation/evangelion3-33-you-can-not-redo-blu-ray/

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #63,992 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
Anybody here watch Tekkonkinkreet? I really like the art style and the kuro/shiro, black/white, darkness/light theme it has.

Never finished it towards the end but it was thoroughly enjoyable for the most part. What I did enjoy was the artbook for the film I got. Concept art was very neat. These pics do them more justice than I ever will. 

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/japan/tekkon-kinkreet-art-book-white-shiro-side/

Huh, Blu-ray. A bit late, but just found out myself.
http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/animation/evangelion3-33-you-can-not-redo-blu-ray/

Wow, I'll have to see if the local Japanese bookstore has a copy of that artbook [I doubt it though]. The art in that movie really was fantastic.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #63,993 of 177,744
Quote:
Wow, I'll have to see if the local Japanese bookstore has a copy of that artbook [I doubt it though]. The art in that movie really was fantastic.

It ain't cheap. Cost me a pretty penny (~$60 for both books in the series). Both are like 200-300 pages no filler so you get your money's worth though. 

Wouldn't bear to sell them. At the end of the day you can sell all my audio stuff except for the HD580, but I'll never let go of my art books!#$!

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #63,994 of 177,744
Quote:

Looks like a manhwa.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #63,995 of 177,744
That isn't correct at all...

I wouldn't really call that "backwards compatible". It's more like "forwards compatible". Anyways, can't wait for WiGig, not like I can use those speeds. 
rolleyes.gif

Internet infrastructure today is so slow in America compared to Eastern countries nowadays. Apparently Gigabit internet is so called "fast". Time to whip out thunderbolt/fiber optics and USB 3.0 V2 cables and link up some computers. 10GB/s speeds. WOOT!

Obviously not going to happen.

Forwards compatible. Great term. That does make a better term.

Lets go make our own WAN with blackjack and hookers!

Just watched the first episode of Toradora. Bad idea....I've got a lot of school stuff to do in the coming week. T_T

Not a good idea son.

Instead of going for the fastest speed possible where only a minority of the crowd will be able to actually obtain those speeds, I'd rather companies focus on making wireless/radio waves more broad providing more coverage with wireless internet topologies. What's the damn point of having a new draft that can offer up to 500megabit/second when it's still so restrictive to line of sight and the radio waves can't penetrate 2 walls within a building. I want uranium waves damn it.

Coverage in the u s is decent. Many still have DSL speeds in the agriculture America and dial up. But they arent exactly complaining as much as up 10Mb/s people are.

Sigh.... on the verge of failing highschool because of stupid community service requirements (CAS for those who did IB.) :frowning2:
Seems like my inability to BS will ruin up my life. Kono sekai wa machigatteiru!

Your location.... those effed up words Jgray used a lot before :D

Dude. I was kinda in your shoes too. My school requires them for grad so i went and pulled almost a hundred in a few months... Sucked

*SNAPS FINGERS* Im back :3

Holy dear mother of God.

Ok What???

:eek:

I thought you only bought 5Mb/s

ha, it's not that it sounds BAD, just needs a bit of auto tune to sound optimal IMO. Her... I dunno musical lingo... Harmonies? Just sound a bit off to my ears from what I'm used to...
I'll have my light saber at the ready as well then too :p
@Everyone I was skyping tonight: sorry about that, I had 8 different conversations going over a 4 hour period over 3 chat platforms, so I apologize if my responses were half assed. And I set it to appear offline so I could get some AP homework done I set off to finish 4.5 hours earlier.
oyasumi for real now!

Skype. Not for me. Im camera shy .... Ok no im not (youtube channels with 200k) i just dont know what to say in camera chats. Im used to threads where i can do other things and reply

Began reading Ichigo 100% today. Chapter 27. Very interesting so far.

One does not simply start ichigo without marathoning. Ichigo may not be special to others

But its one of my most favorite manga for reading

Half-assed answers...remind me to never give you my skype :p Every convo needs to be stimulating and panda-related yep.

Sometimes i dont comment. But man, am i brought into your guys conversations a lot
WHAT? I'm offended.
I'm just as much of a lolicon as he is if not more! :mad:

Only on this thread will i see people competing for being more loli......

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #63,997 of 177,744
Ok so I ranted a few pages back that the mastering of All Alone With You by Egoist was pretty piss poor during the chorus. I said that the drums were very much incoherent and lost between the instruments, the bass is distorted and the guitar has lost its grit. The vocals were OK though. So I did some tinkering with the music files to sort of "remaster" it somewhat using what I have. The results are positive but still left to be desired. The drums are now present but is a bit loose and boomy, the bass is smoother and the vocals are still great.
Here's what I did:
This is the waveform of the song in its original state (Audacity).

It's pretty much compressed all the way in the chorus.

What I needed next was the vocals only but since there are no multitracks for this song, there's only one way.
All I needed to do was put the original and the instrumental track through Audacity and invert the instrumental track and then exporting making sure that the gain on both tracks are at -5dB. The addition of two opposites of a wave signal will make silence except for the vocals. The result is this:

It's not perfect because I can still hear some instruments but it should do.

Next I took the instrumental track and EQed it to bring the bass around the 75Hz to life then I put the vocal track in and mixed it down, the result is this:

The bass is a bit boomy but the song is no longer strident.

Now any volunteers that want to test my "remaster"? Can I post links for the track or is it better to PM?

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #63,998 of 177,744
In fact, forget about the blackjacks and WAN. 
wink.gif

[rule]Reinhard is...eeeek so cool.

He is Kakouii!!!!!
:)

Ok so I ranted a few pages back that the mastering of All Alone With You by Egoist was pretty piss poor during the chorus. I said that the drums were very much incoherent and lost between the instruments, the bass is distorted and the guitar has lost its grit. The vocals were OK though. So I did some tinkering with the music files to sort of "remaster" it somewhat using what I have. The results are positive but still left to be desired. The drums are now present but is a bit loose and boomy, the bass is smoother and the vocals are still great.
Here's what I did:

What I needed next was the vocals only but since there are no multitracks for this song, there's only one way.
All I needed to do was put the original and the instrumental track through Audacity and invert the instrumental track and then exporting making sure that the gain on both tracks are at -5dB. The addition of two opposites of a wave signal will make silence except for the vocals. The result is this:

Next I took the instrumental track and EQed it to bring the bass around the 75Hz to life then I put the vocal track in and mixed it down, the result is this:

Now any volunteers that want to test my "remaster"? Can I post links for the track or is it better to PM?
Pme
It. Original and "remaster"

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #64,000 of 177,744
Here's what I did:

^^ I'll try that monstroscity for sure. You could just post a sectioned clip of it on dropbox or soundcloud, that would take off some of the "concerns" in regards to posting it.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #64,001 of 177,744
Quote:
He is Kakouii!!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Pme
It. Original and "remaster"

Quote:
^^ I'll try that monstroscity for sure. You could just post a sectioned clip of it on dropbox or soundcloud, that would take off some of the "concerns" in regards to posting it.

I don't have dropbox but I'm making one. Just a moment. Will be back shortly.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #64,003 of 177,744
@Bowei and @TwinQY
You got PM

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #64,005 of 177,744
@Original - yep, tizzy, compressed

@remaster - the balance of vocals and background is sane again! But now there's a very noticeable reverb effect that I found more offensive than the tizz. Guitars are even worse now since it was cut out from the whole. Would still take the remaster over the original but there is still some obvious sacrifice in terms of DR. 

Alright, dinner party, oyasumi ~~

Anybody read antique romance? I loved it 
smily_headphones1.gif
 read it a while back

The one with the ****** owner and some weird human-doll that gets surprising less bad as it progresses compared to what I'm describing right now?
Nope. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back