EGOIST
biggrin.gif

or maybe I just like pink haired girls
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #63,950 of 177,744
Quote:
What's up with everyone's UL speeds?
that's so sad.

I cheated. I used a software called Hola that supposed to improve internet speed by using caching and P2P connections and also to unblock streaming services like BBC iPlayer and Hulu which aren't available in my country. It works superbly for the unblocking but for the improved internet speed, it works somewhat.
I should've gotten 5.00 Mbps of DL speed not 60Mbps

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #63,951 of 177,744
Quote:
Network plans here are dirt cheap
wink.gif

My 100Mb/s plan was like $25/month with one phone line and IPTV

EGOIST
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

That's what I mean. Hate you guys. Wish I could've stayed in Japan forever...
...though the radiation thing...personally don't find much about it but parents constantly prattle on about it. And it sort of gets under your skin after a while and you start to sort of unconsciously believe it.

EGOIST ~~
Personal fav - 

Sometimes Vocaloid just gets to ya...so you revert to gems like these.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #63,952 of 177,744
Quote:
...though the radiation thing...personally don't find much about it but parents constantly prattle on about it. And it sort of gets under your skin after a while and you start to sort of unconsciously believe it.

EGOIST ~~
Personal fav - 

I have someone in my family who believes that listening to headphones causes brain cancer because the magnets emits radiation*facepalm*. I tried explaining to her, even going to the details and she still isn't convinced.

Anyway, my favourite EGOIST songs are: Departures and Namae no Kaibutsu although All Alone With You is also good.
I'm not digging Vocaloid though, I think for me personally, I can't stand the pitch of the vocals.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #63,953 of 177,744
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Like this guy?
http://youtu.be/HqfJX7gV9AY?t=14m2s
(link's not working... Start the video at 14:02)
Quote:

EGOIST ~~
Personal fav - 

Is the internet that good in Japan?
Lol, I don't really like that voice they use in supercell/egoist...

Oyasumi mina!!!

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #63,954 of 177,744
Quote:
Like this guy?
Is the internet that good in Japan?
Lol, I don't really like that voice they use in supercell/egoist...

Oyasumi mina!!!

It's that good.

Will fight you one on one just for that comment when we meet. I'll bring the lightsabers. Must defend my lovely chelly!@!

Oyasumi ~~

Quote:
I have someone in my family who believes that listening to headphones causes brain cancer because the magnets emits radiation*facepalm*. I tried explaining to her, even going to the details and she still isn't convinced.

Anyway, my favourite EGOIST songs are: Departures and Namae no Kaibutsu although All Alone With You is also good.
I'm not digging Vocaloid though, I think for me personally, I can't stand the pitch of the vocals.

Some *ahem* people in the family believes that remote controls cause cancers. Well that's great because they watch TV all day long and will have to walk up to change the channel. 

Dislike Vocaloid ballads for some reason. Tone just seems...awful? Still loving the cutesy stuff. 
LoveStruck and Lovely Icecream Princess....yay cutesy. 
She's a real songstress though, some of the stuff on the album is just hauntingly good. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #63,955 of 177,744
Hmmmm...
First time listening to Egoist - All Alone With You (Apple Lossless of course) with my desktop rig (iPod Clasic --> HP-P1 --> Lyr --> HE500) and on the chorus, it sounds deeply congested, very mushy. Drums aren't well defined and are shadowed by other instruments. The guitar riffs sounds horribly distorted and the bass is boomy and lacks texture.
Is it me or does anybody hear this as well?
I just hope it's some badly done mastering and not my rig.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #63,956 of 177,744
Quote:
Hmmmm...
First time listening to Egoist - All Alone With You (Apple Lossless of course) with my desktop rig (iPod Clasic --> HP-P1 --> Lyr --> HE500) and on the chorus, it sounds deeply congested, very mushy. Drums aren't well defined and are shadowed by other instruments. The guitar riffs sounds horribly distorted and the bass is boomy and lacks texture.
Is it me or does anybody hear this as well?
I just hope it's some badly done mastering and not my rig.

Wish I had my rig with me at the moment. I can go downstairs and borrow a HD800 or something to try the track out. On the W4s the guitars sound fine but bass is terribad and distorted, not unlike a good portion of J-Pop. I get a bit of tizz ~5-6kHz though.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #63,957 of 177,744
Quote:
It's that good.

Will fight you one on one just for that comment when we meet. I'll bring the lightsabers. Must defend my lovely chelly!@!

Oyasumi ~~

ha, it's not that it sounds BAD, just needs a bit of auto tune to sound optimal IMO. Her... I dunno musical lingo... Harmonies? Just sound a bit off to my ears from what I'm used to...
I'll have my light saber at the ready as well then too :p
@Everyone I was skyping tonight: sorry about that, I had 8 different conversations going over a 4 hour period over 3 chat platforms, so I apologize if my responses were half assed. And I set it to appear offline so I could get some AP homework done I set off to finish 4.5 hours earlier.
oyasumi for real now!

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #63,958 of 177,744
Quote:

EGOIST ~~
Personal fav - 

Haha U JELLY?

I like The Everlasting Guilty Crown and Namae no nai Kaibutsu.

Quote:
Like this guy?

Got hit by a tennis racket?
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #63,959 of 177,744
Quote:
Wish I had my rig with me at the moment. I can go downstairs and borrow a HD800 or something to try the track out. On the W4s the guitars sound fine but bass is terribad and distorted, not unlike a good portion of J-Pop. I get a bit of tizz ~5-6kHz though.

One thing that I would add is during the chorus, I didn't hear any kind of instrument separation at all. Everything, except the vocals, felt distant, withdrawn and jumbled all up.
Quite disappointing really, whoever mastered this must've been deaf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back