Quote:
Stupid sloot pic

Lol Amber.

Bai.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #63,049 of 177,744
Since we're on the topic of weird 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77sp84bl2do

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #63,050 of 177,744
So, update on the speaker situation.  My friend told me he has a pair of KRK RP6 G2s with broken tweeters (blew out) that he's willing to sell me for $150.  I already checked online, and tweeters are at ~$30.  Unfortunately, I have no soldering experience, but I heard that the wires are plugged in on the tweeter side, so I'm wondering if this holds true.  Also, would it be worth it if I decided to resell online to make net profit?  Any advice will be useful.

EDIT: Make that $14 on FullCompass.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #63,052 of 177,744
Quote:
Unless the Japanese writing was significant, I didn't find anything too weird about it. It's a really cool song, if anything. :p

Nope, just some really old animation. I like the occasional non sequitur in a forum.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #63,053 of 177,744
Quote:
I never said anything about a full ride....i no get full ride

I know you said nothing about a full ride, I'm just stating my situation right now...
Quote:
What thread would that be? Anyways i wonder if i should buy a pair of maddogs for $210 with dog pads.. My nights will be lonely without my C4s.

Ehhh, if you're looking for forward vocals, you may want to look elsewhere. The MD vocals are pretty neutral, to just a tiny bit pulled back, especially with the dog pads. Tbh while the HD600 isn't technically as good, it did have more intimate vocals, even if that range isn't necessarily forward on the FR graphs, the soundstage pushed it deep into my soul. YMMV of course.
Quote:
Facebook me the thread.

Can someone send me a link to this thread through some means of communication?
Quote:
First of, if the "deus ex machina" is done subtly and done so in a way that it makes sense in context, that's not deus ex machina. That's called good writing. Deus ex machina is more like this:
You could argue that the hyperoats thing is one such thing but if you look back at ep. 2 when Akane was taking a shower, the AI jellyfish asked her what to eat for breakfast and she asked for Chinese-flavoured breakfast. Then in the next scene :3 the show showed how the Chinese-flavoured breakfast looks like processed space food of the future. It's been alluded/foreshadowed that the food they used is processed, and then they explained that it's HYPAHOATZU.
I agree. The Japanese society doesn't need it to protect itself from within; that's what Sibyl is for; but to protect themselves from without; i.e. from the other foreign nations. The drones are used as border controls. In the episode with the riots, Division 1 said that it needed to reprogram the border drones to control the riots.
I think I understand what you hate about it actually: Makishima himself. I mean like you said, if Makishima didn't come you wouldn't know all this things about Sibyl and would've just be as happy as most people in PP-Japan. I think in the next 2 episodes Gen will tell the story of why Makishima is doing all this, but for now it looks like the typical anarchist. He said so himself actually why he's dong all this: in this world of sugar-coated tyranny, he want to see what will people on the edge do when they are given a real choice to make. He does it for that hikikomori dude that plays around in anarchists' forums things. He gave that female student artist the freedom to express herself more fully. The biggest one, I think, was he gave Akane real power to judge someone by giving her a shotgun to stop him from killing Yuki. He is, for all intents and purposes, Chaos; just want to see the world burn. He said that too when Sibyl offered him to join them.

Now on to Sibyl's flaws. I would like to think that I know how Gen thinks with this. Since I am assuming that Makishima, for now, it just Chaos, and as you said that Sibyl is Order; a perfect one to all eyes; he just want to see how the populace will react. And in all that effort, we know that Sibyl is as flawed as humans are, since they are essentially still human. In a sense, this is like "bring down the Big Brother" thing, only the populace is actually happy for once, and the rebel is just some psychopath.

I feel like the show, looking relatively in its universe/timeline, is showing how Sibyl usually deals with psychopaths that it can't judge through cymatic scan, and failing. Usually all those psychopaths agree on Sibyl's offer, but this one time it's someone like Makishima, a, so far and dare I say, chaotic neutral. He is the MacGuffin to show how flawed is Sibyl is.

That's what I think at least. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

For the record, I'm not conveniently ignoring your long post on the world of Psycho-Pass; I agree with it too.

Dang, that's an absolutely awesome post. So much win! I'm not even going to try and get involved. All I can say is niceu!
Quote:

>:O Is that you?

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #63,056 of 177,744
Quote:
QQ/Plus/Weibo/Tweet/Friendster/tumblr/askfm it, plz.

Duh if wifey was that androgynous I'd sooner drown myself.
It's Amber from f(x) (yes like the function notation).

Lol, half of those I don't know what the hell they are...
I found a pretty cool messenger, it's called cubie. Y'all should get one and add me :)
You should add me on plus! Not that anyone ever uses it, but whateva...
Oh right, I've heard of that band before..

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #63,057 of 177,744
Quote:
So, update on the speaker situation.  My friend told me he has a pair of KRK RP6 G2s with broken tweeters (blew out) that he's willing to sell me for $150.  I already checked online, and tweeters are at ~$30.  Unfortunately, I have no soldering experience, but I heard that the wires are plugged in on the tweeter side, so I'm wondering if this holds true.  Also, would it be worth it if I decided to resell online to make net profit?  Any advice will be useful.

EDIT: Make that $14 on FullCompass.

If it is truly as simple of a problem as that. Why doesn't he fix it? That is $350-$400 worth of speaker there and a $30 fix (its $14 each right?)

IS there truly something else?

Check around to see what type of soldering job it is

If it's a simple one. Do you have access to a solder kit/station? If not, that's an extra $30-$50 (If you can't borrow anything or find a dude that has one then its $25 for the station, $6 for the solder and $6 for a deslodering pump)

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #63,058 of 177,744
Quote:
I know you said nothing about a full ride, I'm just stating my situation right now...
Ehhh, if you're looking for forward vocals, you may want to look elsewhere. The MD vocals are pretty neutral, to just a tiny bit pulled back, especially with the dog pads. Tbh while the HD600 isn't technically as good, it did have more intimate vocals, even if that range isn't necessarily forward on the FR graphs, the soundstage pushed it deep into my soul. YMMV of course.
Can someone send me a link to this thread through some means of communication?
Dang, that's an absolutely awesome post. So much win! I'm not even going to try and get involved. All I can say is niceu!
>:O Is that you?

No...... 289890 kinda looks like Jay Chou remember?

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #63,059 of 177,744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back