「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #62,491 of 177,744
Quote:
I really enjoyed sword art online as well, and I'm in the same boat as you Red.

Was a super avid anime watcher in high school, slowed down in college, and now its pretty much non existent. I try to come back to this forum to find new suggestions (instead of lurking about different gear I want to buy -_- ) 

The only new jpop band I've found (and really liked from this thread is School Food Punishment) 

And I like Scandal for the cute drummer :wink: 

There are only so few anime that catch my attention every season. I must admit that it is getting a lot harder for me to sit down and watch them all as life progresses with college and career challenges..

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #62,493 of 177,744
Quote:
Lol
DST is gonna kick my arse...
Last 5 years? Hmm, probably nisemonogatari (if you liked bakemonogatari) steins;gate, madoka magica, and clannad/clannad after story.
also on the jpop front, if you liked the ED, look at the album "today is a beautiful day" by supercell.

I never even finished Bakemonogatari. lol. I only liked it for its ED song. xD

Steins Gate sounds interesting. As for the last two, I pass on any anime that has girls that look like 10 year olds even if the storyline is super amazing. No offense!

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #62,494 of 177,744
Originally Posted by reddyxm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Steins Gate sounds interesting. As for the last two, I pass on any anime that has girls that look like 10 year olds even if the storyline is super amazing. No offense!

Madoka Magica is a lot more mature than you'd think considering it's a show about magical girls. I highly recommend checking it out when you have absolutely nothing to do. 
size]

Besides, how could you not like 10 year olds? 
size]

Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari is probably my favourite ED of all time, second would be one of the Fly Me to the Moon's from Evangelion, then the SZS ones afterwards.

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #62,495 of 177,744
Quote:

Lol, alright...
The characters in clannad are high school age and beyond except for one or two... Madoka though... Yeah...
It's nowhere near a kid's story though. If you were to show that anime to a little kid, they would have severe psychological issues.

Jeez the thread is slow today -_-

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #62,499 of 177,744
Quote:
Hi everyone! New member here at Head-Fi. I just ordered WA7 and Senn HD650s (Kinda want the AudezeLCD2s though). I have had Grado SR-80i for a year now. I'm ready for the next step into eargasms. lol

I used to be an avid anime watcher during high school. After entering college, my interest in anime began to diminish. After graduating college and working now, its so hard to keep interest in it anymore. Now I'm drawn into TV shows like The Walking  Dead, Game of Thrones, Suits, Homeland, etc. But one thing I still like is discovering new songs through anime OP and ED. The last anime I remember watching is Bakemonogatari. I loved the ED Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari. It's probably my favorite Jpop song.

Is there any anime within the past 5 years that you would say that is MUST SEE like how I consider the TV shows I've listed as MUST SEE.

Welcome! :)

Hmm, well Bakemono was a different artistic twist. There of course were many anime but Bakemono was different.

Try......
Guilty Crown
SAO

Quote:
I'm back.

Need to go shopping for a good tennis racket...

There was only one I was fine with when I stayed after to practice with my friends today (and try out their rackets).

One does not simply stay after on CAPT week
Quote:
Hey guys! I've been busy with school, what did I miss

Nothing much

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #62,500 of 177,744
Quote:

Madoka Magica is a lot more mature than you'd think considering it's a show about magical girls. I highly recommend checking it out when you have absolutely nothing to do. 
size]

Besides, how could you not like 10 year olds? 
size]

This. :D

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #62,501 of 177,744
Quote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. 

LOLOLOL......

@b1o2r3i4s5: If the highest peak of an impedence point is easy to drive then why is it sometimes when we drive such a headphone with an amp capable of driving 600ohm loads fairly easily sound underpowered or very bland when compared to when the headphone is driven by something capable of outputting more power? Can you give a thorough explanation as to why the claims of the HE-6 sounding best when powered via the speaker taps of an integrated amplifier compared to a conventional head amp? 

I'm getting a bit confused but when you put things such as power and voltage, aren't these technically both the same? Or are you referring to power as the total amount of capable output from the amp overall and voltage just one thing applied to the components/circuitry etc? A bit of clarification.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #62,502 of 177,744
Quote:
@b1o2r3i4s5: If the highest peak of an impedence point is easy to drive then why is it sometimes when we drive such a headphone with an amp capable of driving 600ohm loads fairly easily sound underpowered or very bland when compared to when the headphone is driven by something capable of outputting more power? Can you give a thorough explanation as to why the claims of the HE-6 sounding best when powered via the speaker taps of an integrated amplifier compared to a conventional head amp? 

Cognitive bias, look it up.
wink.gif

It actually plays a MUCH bigger role in audio then any electronics does.
I'm not confident enough to give a lecture on psychology because that's not one of my strengths,
maybe you can ask Joe who did a course in cognitive science or tilpo who read a book on psychoacoustics.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #62,503 of 177,744
This article:

*facepalm*

http://takimag.com/article/tackling_asian_privilege_gavin_mcinnes/print#axzz2MhkOm7Of

btw, its a satire. but its a piece of schiit satire that doesn't get its point across at all.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #62,504 of 177,744
Quote:
Cognitive bias, look it up.
wink.gif

It actually plays a MUCH bigger role in audio then any electronics does.
I'm not confident enough to give a lecture on psychology because that's not one of my strengths,
maybe you can ask Joe who did a course in cognitive science or tilpo who read a book on psychoacoustics.

Well of course bias has a role play in almost everything audio related, but what if I said I picked a random person from a group who knows nothing of audio, nor electronics or recognition of any of the brands mentioned, put that person into an AB test one with the HE-6 powered by a headamp and another HE-6 beside it powered by a speaker amp and that person says the latter sounds better...would there be any bias involved here? I know this topic has been ongoing as long as snake oil cable myths but since you have provided some evidence of "higher impedence loads should be easier to amplify" would be great if you could explain the theory behind the HE-6 myths.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #62,505 of 177,744
Quote:
This article:

*facepalm*

http://takimag.com/article/tackling_asian_privilege_gavin_mcinnes/print#axzz2MhkOm7Of

btw, its a satire. but its a piece of schiit satire that doesn't get its point across at all.

It's bad, but why do you seek this sort of stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back