「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 5, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #62,416 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
I was going to download Chrome until I saw the recent reviews about it crashing. Well, private browsing in Safari is OK I guess.

Just wondering, what is your next endeavor after your M100s?

After the M-100 it was the K 701, and after that I'm considering the HE-500. I'll probably stick with the K 701/M-100 for now though as my spending limit on any one piece of gear is $300. Stax SR-00x would probably be my end-game headphone............once I get the money. >.>

M-100 for mobile use, K 701 for home use/reference
C5 with iPhone for mobile use, O2 with ODAC for home use, C5 with ODAC in the occasion I'm too lazy to switch to the O2 or I'm gaming with the K 701

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #62,417 of 177,744
Quote:
After the M-100 it was the K 701, and after that I'm considering the HE-500. I'll probably stick with the K 701/M-100 for now though as my spending limit on any one piece of gear is $300. Stax SR-00x would probably be my end-game headphone............once I get the money. >.>

C5 with iPhone for mobile use, O2 with ODAC for home use, C5 with ODAC in the occasion I'm too lazy to switch to the O2 or I'm gaming with the K 701

I kinda wish I could have demoed the Tg334s before I bought my C4s. I'm really curious on how magical their vocal reproduction could be. That, and I also discovered, from experience, that custom does not necessarily mean better comfort. It isn't disappearing into my ears as I thought it would, although it is definitely better than IEMs. Meh, Mechy will be able to demo those TGs in March.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #62,418 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:

I kinda wish I could have demoed the Tg334s before I bought my C4s. I'm really curious on how magical their vocal reproduction could be. That, and I also discovered, from experience, that custom does not necessarily mean better comfort. It isn't disappearing into my ears as I thought it would, although it is definitely better than IEMs. Meh, Mechy will be able to demo those TGs in March.

I never really got into IEM's and CIEM's. I'm always worrying about their fit/comfort based on previous experiences. The multiple drivers and their weird impedance measurements are also something I worry about if I do get into IEM's.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #62,419 of 177,744
Quote:

Quote:
Woah, I got a pretty surprising result when I heard this through my headphones. It's almost like a binaural recording from my computer setup.

That treble ringing..... on my K550's......
It sounds like someone is playing outside my room.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #62,420 of 177,744
Quote:
It's not just through 1 ear, it's quieter with the left ear, hence semi-binaural-sounding. I'm on a laptop right now so it kind of scared me when I heard it (laptop sound from a YouTube video, playing on a laptop setup). I had to take my K 701's off my head to make sure it wasn't my laptop playing the music. I have been fooled! >.>

Not really, it's just because the music is played and recorded again, nothing to do with panning.

I know that feel mate.
I use a laptop all the time.

Quote:
I never really got into IEM's and CIEM's. I'm always worrying about their fit/comfort based on previous experiences. The multiple drivers and their weird impedance measurements are also something I worry about if I do get into IEM's.

have you see the impedance curve for the HD800?

It's not just IEMs!

But TBH, it doesn't really matter as long as the amp's output impedance is low enough.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #62,422 of 177,744
Quote:
100th post!

Sorry......just passing by.. don't mind

I just saw your post in the O2 thread. Channel imbalance is a common issue for the O2. You can just decrease the volume on your source and adjust the volume knob outside of the channel imbalance region (or lower the gain).
Welcome to the Official Asian Anime, Manga and Music Lounge! :p

Quote:
Quote:
It's not just through 1 ear, it's quieter with the left ear, hence semi-binaural-sounding. I'm on a laptop right now so it kind of scared me when I heard it (laptop sound from a YouTube video, playing on a laptop setup). I had to take my K 701's off my head to make sure it wasn't my laptop playing the music. I have been fooled! >.>

Not really, it's just because the music is played and recorded again, nothing to do with panning.

I know that feel mate.
I use a laptop all the time.

Quote:

have you see the impedance curve for the HD800?

It's not just IEMs!

But TBH, it doesn't really matter as long as the amp's output impedance is low enough.

Ah I see, and no I haven't seen the impedance curve for the HD800. o.0

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #62,424 of 177,744
It's true you need a fairly beasty amp to get some nice good bass at 100hz as you can see it goes over 600ohms. A T1 curve would be awesome as they can swing more than 600ohms at times as well..

Anyway....

Need some good manga or anime...almost done with Suzuka....

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #62,425 of 177,744
Quote:
It's true you need a fairly beasty amp to get some nice good bass at 100hz as you can see it goes over 600ohms. A T1 curve would be awesome as they can swing more than 600ohms at times as well..

Anyway....

Quote:
Quote:

Ah I see, and no I haven't seen the impedance curve for the HD800. o.0

Now you have
tongue.gif

It's a rollercoster :D

Since the HD800 seems to have a weird bump in the bass region for its impedance measurement, does that mean an amp would need to supply more power for that specific load at that specific frequency? I'm guessing the single impedance measurement for headphones is the average value.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #62,426 of 177,744
Now you have :p
It's a rollercoster :D

Rollercoaster between 300 and 600ohm... hardly a problem with amp output impedance usually in the range of a few ohms or few tens of ohms at most?

Anyway....

High impedance parts of the curve are not really a problem unless you are not getting enough overall volume? For a given output voltage (volume) high impedance is actually easiest to drive.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 5, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #62,427 of 177,744
Quote:

Since the HD800 seems to have a weird bump in the bass region for its impedance measurement, does that mean an amp would need to supply more power for that specific load at that specific frequency? I'm guessing the single impedance measurement for headphones is the average value.

Correct. But a well powered amplifier can get the job done overall with the HD800's. This is why the b22 amplifier is one of the well regarded head amp's pairing with the HD800 because it delivers plenty of power to the HD800's very efficiently. The only downside to a b22 is that every b22 build regardless of topology design can sound different unless the two was built with identical parts.

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #62,429 of 177,744

No. high on the impedance curve makes those frequencies easiest for the amp to drive.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 5, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #62,430 of 177,744
Quote:
I just saw your post in the O2 thread. Channel imbalance is a common issue for the O2. You can just decrease the volume on your source and adjust the volume knob outside of the channel imbalance region (or lower the gain).
Welcome to the Official Asian Anime, Manga and Music Lounge! :p

Thank you for the tip ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back