「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #58,426 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
I'm curious to know too. Does Project-H have a line out option? That would be the easiest way to compare the DAC section.

We spent an extra $50 more or less in terms of a controlling board, buttons, design, and big case so that the line out options are there

Hell yes they are. We have DAC line out and Amplifier Line in options

Sweet. Lots of input/output options for a fairly inexpensive price are always welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

And when you get the chance, I think it would be beneficial to have some pics of Project-H on the post in your signature.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #58,427 of 177,744
Quote:
It would be stupid to ask as any unit that doesn't have deficiencies sounds 'good' but what do you think?

I am still isolating some details down as to if it is due to CS or O2

I haven't been listening critically or trying to pick out any details, I'm just sitting here enjoying how much BETTER everything sounds when I have an amp/dac with the HE500's as my first foray into amp/dacs and the first headphone I've owned over $200 that really benefits from being driven by an amp.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #58,428 of 177,744
THE UNLIMITED--Hyoubu Kyousuke is one badass anime.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #58,430 of 177,744
Okay i've been paying a little more attention and 3OH!3's mastering quality overall is pretty horrendous (is mastering quality the right word?) There's buzzing everywhere with all their beats and nothing sounds clean in the slightest, though it could be intentional, but I didn't really notice it before now. Then again 3OH!3 isn't really a band I expected to have a high production quality.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #58,431 of 177,744
Quote:

Screws?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Sweet. Lots of input/output options for a fairly inexpensive price are always welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

And when you get the chance, I think it would be beneficial to have some pics of Project-H on the post in your signature.

yep, lots of options
Quote:

I haven't been listening critically or trying to pick out any details, I'm just sitting here enjoying how much BETTER everything sounds when I have an amp/dac with the HE500's as my first foray into amp/dacs and the first headphone I've owned over $200 that really benefits from being driven by an amp.

That's more what I was talking about. Not really comparing but having an amp that doesn't have any problems with it as your first foray

You guys got me arsed

Testing now

Dual Wolfson WM8741 Flagship(approx $120 assembled for board)

vs

Cirrus Logic CS4398 Flagship (approx $49 assembled for board)

Fully wired up

Full unit testing.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #58,432 of 177,744
Quote:
Okay i've been paying a little more attention and 3OH!3's mastering quality overall is pretty horrendous (is mastering quality the right word?) There's buzzing everywhere with all their beats and nothing sounds clean in the slightest, though it could be intentional, but I didn't really notice it before now. Then again 3OH!3 isn't really a band I expected to have a high production quality.

Their production/mastering quality is below average. I listen to them as well.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #58,433 of 177,744
Quote:

Their production/mastering quality is below average. I listen to them as well.

Some of it sounds intentional. Most of it is just bad production though, there's crackles all over transition effects in My first Kiss for example. I'm not sure why I'm listening to them, back to my usual stuff now.

Quote:
Depends on what you want to do. You can lower the treble energy without opening the cups, or maybe want to boost bass without opening the cups. Not recommended, but it's not always bad.

I wouldn't want to lower the treble on the T50RP. I didn't find it bright enough as it was. Each to their own however.

Quote:
You guys got me arsed
Testing now
Dual Wolfson WM8741 Flagship(approx $120 assembled for board)
vs
Cirrus Logic CS4398 Flagship (approx $49 assembled for board)
Fully wired up
Full unit testing.

Intriguing. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #58,437 of 177,744
Quote:

So nothing terribly major~.

Nothing large has been yielded on my A/B

HOWEVER what is even more important is extended use.
Quote:
I REALLY don't want to go to class now. I just want to sit hear and listen...

You paid for class

I'll be listening to them today too :)

Why not

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #58,438 of 177,744
Nothing large has been yielded on my A/B

HOWEVER what is even more important is extended use.
You paid for class

I'll be listening to them today too :)

Why not

Actually I got paid to go to class. But either way I'm here in the most boring and useless class ever, World Cinema yay let's watch 60 year old films with insanely obvious messages.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #58,439 of 177,744
Quote:
Actually I got paid to go to class. But either way I'm here in the most boring and useless class ever, World Cinema yay let's watch 60 year old films with insanely obvious messages.

Well, you get to then go back and be excited again as you power on P-H and pop on them HE's

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #58,440 of 177,744
Well, you get to then go back and be excited again as you power on P-H and pop on them HE's

Ha. I suppose so. I think this audiofi club is going to actually work out, I'll keep you guys posted. Also saw this on ue's Facebook http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2569640/Music-can-boost-your-immune-system.html
Interesting but no data or anything or the sort was provided so I'm skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back