「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #46,547 of 177,744
Quote:
Anyway,

Otasumi Miina!!

When are you going to get some new kawaii pics to post every night? I'm not complaining at these... These are almost illegally too kawaii, so that's not a problem. Just wondering...

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #46,548 of 177,744
Quote:
Oh and also. If anyone has a nico account. This spoils multiple plotlines, but it is a nice compilation of epic moments. Watch it only if you are confident with your Anime background ^^. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15643272

I finally got the Michael one ^^ hint hint.

The list of anime from that video if anyone's interested.

Ano Hana
Clannad
Xam'd: Lost Memories (Best ED yeaaaah).
11Eyes
Macross Frontier
Gundam 00 (first season)
Code Geass R2
Higurashi (one of them I think).
No. 6 (Terrible show).
Angel Beats
True Tears
Kara no Kyoukai: Paradox Paradigm
Darker Than Black Gaiden
Mushishi
Ef: Tale of Memories
Madoka
Minami ke
SteinssemicolonGate

@Evetan. There are also two Macross Frontier movies. The second has a different ending to the TV series too. Though the second one was sub-par IMO.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #46,550 of 177,744
Quote:
The list of anime from that video if anyone's interested.

Ano Hana
Clannad
Xam'd: Lost Memories (Best ED yeaaaah).
11Eyes
Macross Frontier
Gundam 00 (first season)-not a Gundam fan, so I'm not sure if I can start that one. Maybe you can convince me other wise ^^.
Code Geass R2
Higurashi (one of them I think).
No. 6 (Terrible show).
Angel Beats
True Tears - I think I've watched this, but I don't remember
Kara no Kyoukai: Paradox Paradigm
Darker Than Black Gaiden
Mushishi
Ef: Tale of Memories
Madoka
Minami ke
SteinssemicolonGate

@Evetan. There are also two Macross Frontier movies. The second has a different ending to the TV series too. Though the second one was sub-par IMO.

So how are the ones I've bolded? Specifically.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #46,551 of 177,744
Quote:

Ooooh, another Vancouver Head-Fier. Did you go to the September meet?

Quote:

00 - all you really need to watch is the first season. One of my favourite Gundams, just for the OPs and production values.

Kara no Kyoukai - no

Minami-ke - super fun

Mushishi - Masterpiece of an anime. Manga is even better. Probably in my top 10, if not top 5.

You just finished Frontiers right? If the universe seems interesting, why not try out Plus or 7? Those were my favourite out of the Macross series. Patlabor is within a similar vein, definitely worth a watch. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #46,552 of 177,744
Quote:

Gundam 00: Any anime with two screams of despair in one episode is bad. Honestly it's not a bad show Gundam or otherwise, but it's not anything special. First season is better than the second and the film is just the creators trolling. 

True Tears: meh typical dating sim adaptation. Mentally challenged female leads, incest inclined protagonist.

Kara no Kyoukai: 7 films ranging from one hour to two hours. Good animation, very fragmented and convoluted storyline (cus playing things out of chronological order is totally artistic and ****). Generally enjoyable. 

Mushishi: So high-brow that no one wants to be caught badmouthing it. (Has lots of philosophical things to say about human's relationship with nature, but if it was paced any slower it would be a painting). 

Minami Ke: Slice of life, cute girls doing random things. Fans deny the existence of any season other than the first. (But second and third seasons aren't actually that bad).

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #46,553 of 177,744
Quote:

Ooooh, another Vancouver Head-Fier. Did you go to the September meet?

00 - all you really need to watch is the first season. One of my favourite Gundams, just for the OPs and production values.

Kara no Kyoukai - no

Minami-ke - super fun

Mushishi - Masterpiece of an anime. Manga is even better. Probably in my top 10, if not top 5.

You just finished Frontiers right? If the universe seems interesting, why not try out Plus or 7? Those were my favourite out of the Macross series. Patlabor is within a similar vein, definitely worth a watch. 

Plus? Patlabor? Which ones are those?
But I'll definitely check out Minami-ke and Mushishi

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #46,554 of 177,744
Quote:
Anyway,

Otasumi Miina!!

Get some new pics!!

Quote:
Oh and also. If anyone has a nico account. This spoils multiple plotlines, but it is a nice compilation of epic moments. Watch it only if you are confident with your Anime background ^^. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15643272

I finally got the Michael one ^^ hint hint.

That Bounen no Zamudo show seems quite interesting... too bad it's only in ONA... and the vid just spoiled it....

Been a while since I saw 11eyes anime... the anime looks really weird compared to the game...

Ohh I remember that scene from Macross

Never watched Gundam... skip.

CG R2 ... Lelouch's face LOL
biggrin.gif

Higurashi  (0_O)

No.6... nothing special about this scene... I remember there being better one for this show...

Angel Beats.................... *Sniff sniff* (T_T)
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! KANADE-CHANNNNN~~~~~~~~

Didn't finished True Tears... Don't remember why I dropped it....

What the... why don't I remember this scene from Kara no Kyoukai 5??

Darker Than Black... It's amazing how much I forget from animes I've watched....

Haven't watched Mushishi nor Ef - Skip to avoid spoil.

PMMM Holy schiit moment
eek.gif

Love the ED Magia!

I still need to finish Minami-ke...
4 Eps left for season 1...

El psy congroo!
The ED (game OP) "Skyclad no Kansokusha" deserves a mention here:

Now don't we all just hate it when they decided to cut off the show at critical moments?

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #46,555 of 177,744
Quote:
Kara no Kyoukai - no

Tis' BLASPHEMY!!!
Kara no Kyoukai FTW!!!

sorry.. what?
I dropped it very early in ep 1 .... bored schiitless.....
Please do tell me what's so good about it....

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #46,556 of 177,744
Quote:
Get some new pics!!

That Bounen no Zamudo show seems quite interesting... too bad it's only in ONA... and the vid just spoiled it....
The Video really doens't spoil much. Heck by watching the video, I don't even remeber the main plot.

Been a while since I saw 11eyes anime... the anime looks really weird compared to the game...
I never really liked it. For me, it was just an excuse to use eyepaches. 
Ohh I remember that scene from Macross
One of my favorite lines I'd love to say to my children: "Sorry Kid, I'm not an adult. I'm a man"

Never watched Gundam... skip.  
CG R2 ... Lelouch's face LOL
biggrin.gif

Higurashi  (0_O)
Loli Killers
No.6... nothing special about this scene... I remember there being better one for this show...
Yaoi or BL enough said. Still finished it though
Angel Beats.................... *Sniff sniff* (T_T)
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! KANADE-CHANNNNN~~~~~~~~
That scene made me think of when I was watching Clannad. 

The part where Tomoya tries to talk to Ushio about Nagisa in the train.

Didn't finished True Tears... Don't remember why I dropped it....

What the... why don't I remember this scene from Kara no Kyoukai 5??
Is it good?
Darker Than Black... It's amazing how much I forget from animes I've watched....
Was underwhelming imo
Haven't watched Mushishi nor Ef - Skip to avoid spoil.

PMMM Holy schiit moment
eek.gif

Love the ED Magia!
MaJou  Mahou ShouJou 
Jousei    Shou Jou
I still need to finish Minami-ke...
4 Eps left for season 1...

El psy congroo! +1
The ED (game OP) "Skyclad no Kansokusha" deserves a mention here:

Now don't we all just hate it when they decided to cut off the show at critical moments?

and 500 ^^.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #46,557 of 177,744
Quote:
Plus? Patlabor? Which ones are those?
But I'll definitely check out Minami-ke and Mushishi

Macross Plus, 7?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/324/Patlabor. They also suggest Planetes down below, which is also pretty awesome. More drama oriented, down to earth. coughOZCcough also just recently finished a blu-ray batch.

Quote:
Tis' BLASPHEMY!!!
Kara no Kyoukai FTW!!!

sorry.. what?
I dropped it very early in ep 1 .... bored schiitless.....
Please do tell me what's so good about it....

Think someone already called it out for being convoluted as hell. I watch stuff for enjoyment, not to get a kick out of feeling high and mighty because of tons of existential crap and pseudo-edginess makes them feel superior all of a sudden (sorry, bad experience with friends who were fans). Wasn't horrible otherwise.

If the beginning and parts in between weren't so excessively mundane, easily would have been top 5, but right now, sort of hesitant. It's one of those shows you really need an attention span for when you're watching, or you just get bored as [redacted]. Like the pace at other times. Sort of calming to watch. Manga format makes it less painfully slow.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #46,558 of 177,744
Quote:
One of my favorite lines I'd love to say to my children: "Sorry Kid, I'm not and adult. I'm a man"

Loli Killers

Yaoi or BL enough said. Still finished it though

Is it good?

MaJou  Mahou ShouJou 
Jousei    Shou Jou

LOL that was hilarious!!

We need more of those.

It was BL..? Since when?
the only BL moment I can think of is that
kiss scene

The entire Kara no Kyoukai series is very good IMO.

What..?

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #46,559 of 177,744
Quote:
LOL that was hilarious!!

We need more of those.

It was BL..? Since when?
the only BL moment I can think of is that
kiss scene

The entire Kara no Kyoukai series is very good IMO.

What..?

Er, I mean't BL in that broad term where this is homo homo  here and there. At least the atmosphere is tended towards that. Still I liked the ED

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #46,560 of 177,744
Quote:

Think someone already called it out for being convoluted as hell. I watch stuff for enjoyment, not to get a kick out of feeling high and mighty because of tons of existential crap and pseudo-edginess makes them feel superior all of a sudden (sorry, bad experience with friends who were fans). Wasn't horrible otherwise.

If the beginning and parts in between weren't so excessively mundane, easily would have been top 5, but right now, sort of hesitant. It's one of those shows you really need an attention span for when you're watching, or you just get bored as [redacted]. Like the pace at other times. Sort of calming to watch. Manga format makes it less painfully slow.

what do you think of Tsukihime then...?
(Manga or VN)

Hm... guess I'll give it another shot in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back