「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 15, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #44,416 of 177,745
Quote:
Lol, you actually got to shoot .308 at school? Lucky! All we could shoot was .17 caliber air rifles...
I though guns were mostly banned in AUS... 

Um they are banned outside of gun ranges and well that's for fullbore shooters which i didn't make the team for..... we only got to shoot .22LR in smallbore. Obs not at school XD only at rifle ranges though i quit rifle shooting and returned to rugby union after they almost closed the rifle range at Malabar (the ANZAC Rifle Range) which made our school relocate to the Sydney international shooting centre which is in the middle of nowhere.... 

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #44,417 of 177,745
Um they are banned outside of gun ranges and well that's for fullbore shooters which i didn't make the team for..... we only got to shoot .22LR in smallbore. Obs not at school XD only at rifle ranges though i quit rifle shooting and returned to rugby union after they almost closed the rifle range at Malabar (the ANZAC Rifle Range) which made our school relocate to the Sydney international shooting centre which is in the middle of nowhere.... 

Eh, that sucks...
So can a normal person like you go out and buy a rifle or pistol in Austraillia?

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #44,419 of 177,745
Also, I had 1234 posts before I posted this... >_<

You are quickly approaching the magic 1,500, young one.

Just got my first currawong warning.... ruhoh.

Congratulations!
Now you're finally one of us. \(^ω^\)

That's way too overkill for this, especially if you already know how sulfuric acid is formed (in the form of acid precipitation).

Hey, don't go raging on overkill.
Although it would indeed be simpler to do it the following way:

We have H20 + S02 -> H2SO4
Let, H = e1, O=e2, S = e3. (where ei is the ith standard basis is R^3)

Then we have:
x1(2,1,0)^t + x2(0,2,1)^t = x3(2,4,1)^t
We can put the vectors as rows in a matrix and apply Gauss elimination,

(2 1 0)~(2 1 0)~(2 1 0)~(2 1 0)
(0 2 1)~(0 2 1)~(0 2 1)~(0 0 1)
(2 4 1)~(0 3 1)~(0 1 0)~(0 1 0)

Which is in reduced form with three pivot variables. Therefore the three vectors are independent, and therefore there is no linear combination of the two reactants able to form the product of the reaction.

Trust me, this method is MUCH quicker than anything you're used to, as long as you understand the underlying math.

You kidding right?  Right click on the playlist tab, "add new playlist", done.  Or even just drag the song you want to play onto the empty area next to your current tab and a new tab will be created.  I have too many active playlists to count, I've got 3 rows of tabs even.

That doesn't really answer the question.

Besides, that wouldn't even work if you only use one playlist, and replace the contents of the playlist every time you switch artists.

Meh. Stupid ebay international.

When people don't understand English and take their misunderstanding offensively.

Me: "It hasn't been too long since people did find one of these for dirt cheap. But, well, okay. I'll accept your price."
Seller: "dirt cheap is how you want to describe one of these? no deal with you, jerk. Walk away."

=_=....

LOL

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #44,424 of 177,745
Quote:
We have H20 + S02 -> H2SO4
Let, H = e1, O=e2, S = e3. (where ei is the ith standard basis is R^3)
Then we have:
x1(2,1,0)^t + x2(0,2,1)^t = x3(2,4,1)^t
We can put the vectors as rows in a matrix and apply Gauss elimination,
(2 1 0)~(2 1 0)~(2 1 0)~(2 1 0)
(0 2 1)~(0 2 1)~(0 2 1)~(0 0 1)
(2 4 1)~(0 3 1)~(0 1 0)~(0 1 0)
Which is in reduced form with three pivot variables. Therefore the three vectors are independent, and therefore there is no linear combination of the two reactants able to form the product of the reaction.
Trust me, this method is MUCH quicker than anything you're used to, as long as you understand the underlying math.

Oh My GOD!! This is genius!!!!
I never thought of doing chem this way!!!
Thanks for the tip
wink.gif

and regarding the question, reacting sulfur dioxide and water will form Sulfurous acid not Sulfuric acid:
SO2 + H2O -> H2SO3

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #44,425 of 177,745
Quote:
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to [jgray91]
Lonely birthday to me

Happy birthday Jgrey!
Though I do not regard birthdays as any more special than any other days....

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #44,430 of 177,745
Happy birthday to me

Happy birthday to me

Happy birthday to [jgray91]

Lonely birthday to me

Happy birthday Jgrey!
Though I do not regard birthdays as any more special than any other days....

Well, it's a day to stuff more food into my face. Meaning two XL pizza for me. Thanks for the wishes so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back