「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #44,401 of 177,745
Quote:
One president Jefferson called for a rewriting of the constitution for every generation.

However nowadays, you would be labeled a terrorist for even briging up anti U.S GOVERNMENT ideals such as that.

Freedom at it's best
biggrin.gif

Anyway, man, people are so grumpy lately due to holiday spending.

Oh and bowei, I received the E02i yesterday and it's fun :D
The bass boost seems only useful on the ATH-RE70 transplant... my noggins hurt otherwise.
But still, the design needs to be more ergonomic. This thing truly is cable madness. Wonder if they took into considerations the drawings I sent them before...

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #44,402 of 177,745
Quote:
Freedom at it's best
biggrin.gif

Anyway, man, people are so grumpy lately due to holiday spending.

Oh and bowei, I received the E02i yesterday and it's fun :D
The bass boost seems only useful on the ATH-RE70 transplant... my noggins hurt otherwise.
But still, the design needs to be more ergonomic. This thing truly is cable madness. Wonder if they took into considerations the drawings I sent them before...

It is very fun. Very consumer-y but fun in that sense.

Nope lol. I mentioned all the problems in my review but considering its $30 with free shipping to most countries (local regional dealers) and has smartphone controls, amplifier, and a decent mic. I can't really complain.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #44,403 of 177,745
Quote:
It is very fun. Very consumer-y but fun in that sense.

Nope lol. I mentioned all the problems in my review but considering its $30 with free shipping to most countries (local regional dealers) and has smartphone controls, amplifier, and a decent mic. I can't really complain.

Yeah I do realize that. It's only going to last as long as any typical headphone, since the E02i's jack replaces where the headphone/earphones used to go. And it doesn't seem to be any sturdier than any typical plug. For 30$ I don't suppose they envision it to be super durable.
I might actually write a review for it, but don't know where to post it. Maybe throw it in your review thread.
Currently playing your youtube How-To-Use video and lol xD stuff like "left"... hey, your left is our right!

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #44,404 of 177,745
Meh. Stupid ebay international.

When people don't understand English and take their misunderstanding offensively.

Me: "It hasn't been too long since people did find one of these for dirt cheap. But, well, okay. I'll accept your price."
Seller: "dirt cheap is how you want to describe one of these? no deal with you, jerk. Walk away."

=_=....

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #44,405 of 177,745
Quote:
Yeah I do realize that. It's only going to last as long as any typical headphone, since the E02i's jack replaces where the headphone/earphones used to go. And it doesn't seem to be any sturdier than any typical plug. For 30$ I don't suppose they envision it to be super durable.
I might actually write a review for it, but don't know where to post it. Maybe throw it in your review thread.
Currently playing your youtube How-To-Use video and lol xD stuff like "left"... hey, your left is our right!

Sure or make your own, that is all fine. I know lol.

I have so many reviews to write this holiday season.

I have prepared everything and will finish wiritng my Oblanc review for SYBA tomorrow. (they want it before Dec 24 OBVIOUSLY), and then the E07K will also need to be finished as I'll be getting the E12 sometime in the next 2-3 weeks and then I need to finish up the DUNU DN19 review for them as well.They are providing a 50 Sterling coupon to some online store for best Dunu review lol

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #44,406 of 177,745
Quote:
Meh. Stupid ebay international.

When people don't understand English and take their misunderstanding offensively.

Me: "It hasn't been too long since people did find one of these for dirt cheap. But, well, okay. I'll accept your price."
Seller: "dirt cheap is how you want to describe one of these? no deal with you, jerk. Walk away."

=_=....

That is why I use terms that can't be mis understood easily.

If you really think about that term, if it was just made up on the spot now, it can actually be pretty insulting that something is as cheap as dirt. '

Ok its settled, I can't listen to Psychoo Pas OP and barely listen ot the ED on the Q701's.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #44,407 of 177,745
Quote:
That is why I use terms that can't be mis understood easily.

If you really think about that term, if it was just made up on the spot now, it can actually be pretty insulting that something is as cheap as dirt. '

Ok its settled, I can't listen to Psychoo Pas OP and barely listen ot the ED on the Q701's.

Well, glad to see that the seller did not just stop reading my messages (and that he is active right now, replying live).
The misunderstanding got cleared :)

Speaking of "dirt cheap", my uncle posted this to facebook a few days ago. I don't know if he wrote it (based on facts) or he quoted it from somewhere but it's quite a nice read:
Where did "Piss Poor" come from? Interesting history.

They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot.

And then once it was full it was taken and sold to the tannery...

if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor".
But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to bu
y a pot...

They "didn't have a pot to piss in" and were the lowest of the low.

The next time you are washing your hands and complain because the water temperature
Isn't just how you like it, think about how things used to be.

Here are some facts about the 1500's

Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May,

And they still smelled pretty good by June.. However, since they were starting to smell,
brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor.

Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting married.

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water.

The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water,

Then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children.

Last of all the babies.

By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it.
Hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!"

Houses had thatched roofs-thick straw-piled high, with no wood underneath.

It was the only place for animals to get warm, so all the cats and other small animals
(mice, bugs) lived in the roof.

When it rained it became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof.
Hence the saying, "It's raining cats and dogs."
There was nothing to stop things from falling into the house.

This posed a real problem in the bedroom where bugs and other droppings

Could mess up your nice clean bed.

Hence, a bed with big posts and a sheet hung over the top afforded some protection.

That's how canopy beds came into existence.

The floor was dirt. Only the wealthy had something other than dirt.

Hence the saying, "Dirt poor." The wealthy had slate floors that would get slippery
In the winter when wet, so they spread thresh (straw) on the floor to help keep their footing..

As the winter wore on, they added more thresh until, when you opened the door,
It would all start slipping outside. A piece of wood was placed in the entrance-way.
Hence: a thresh hold.

(Getting quite an education, aren't you?)

In those old days, they cooked in the kitchen with a big kettle that always hung over the fire.

Every day they lit the fire and added things to the pot. They ate mostly vegetables
And did not get much meat. They would eat the stew for dinner, leaving leftovers
In the pot to get cold overnight and then start over the next day.

Sometimes stew had food in it that had been there for quite a while.

Hence the rhyme:

“Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot nine days old."
Sometimes they could obtain pork, which made them feel quite special.

When visitors came over, they would hang up their bacon to show off.

It was a sign of wealth that a man could, "bring home the bacon."

They would cut off a little to share with guests

And would all sit around and chew the fat.

Those with money had plates made of pewter.

Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach onto the food, causing lead poisoning death.

This happened most often with tomatoes,
so for the next 400 years or so, tomatoes were considered poisonous.

Bread was divided according to status..

Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf, the family got the middle,

and guests got the top, or the upper crust.

Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky.
The combination would sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days..
Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial.
They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around
and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up.

Hence the custom; “holding a wake."
England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people.

So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave.

When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive.
So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell.

Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be,
“saved by the bell" or was "considered a dead ringer."

And that's the truth.

Now, whoever said history was boring!!!

So get out there and educate someone!
Share these facts with a friend.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"
We'll be friends until we are old and senile.
Then we'll be new friends.

Smile, it gives your face something to do!

How come? The ED is made to sound like it has a lot of noise no doubt but...

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #44,409 of 177,745
Progress at whatever has a higher chance of success. Getting rid of idiots? You find a way for that. Getting rid of guns? A more plausible option, no doubt.

Too many rednecks in America to get rid of guns... Hopefully... The NRA is a huge lobbyist group that would probably prevent any anti-gun legislation from going into action.
But yeah, our country was born from guns... And slaves...

I can't help but think that trying to get rid of guns isn't going to help the matter at all. It's only going to put more weapons on the black market.

This.
It's already really easy to get a gun without getting it registered under your name, AKA it's untraceable...

Yep.
Americans crying foul at muslim countries for the lack of women freedom and power. It's so backwards, it's time for progress!
Americans crying foul at people trying to get rid of guns. It's in the constitution! It's part of American history!
What happened to "it's time for progress?"
Double standards at it's best :b
Ahh southern neighbors...

And seems you guys have more snow than us right now xD

Lol southern neighbors...
You forgot about the whole issue of slaves being counted as 3/5 of a person in the constitution...
That was an interesting read, btw.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #44,410 of 177,745
Quote:
Well, glad to see that the seller did not just stop reading my messages (and that he is active right now, replying live).
The misunderstanding got cleared :)

Speaking of "dirt cheap", my uncle posted this to facebook a few days ago. I don't know if he wrote it (based on facts) or he quoted it from somewhere but it's quite a nice read:
Where did "Piss Poor" come from? Interesting history.

They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot.

And then once it was full it was taken and sold to the tannery...

if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor".
But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to bu
y a pot...

They "didn't have a pot to piss in" and were the lowest of the low.

The next time you are washing your hands and complain because the water temperature
Isn't just how you like it, think about how things used to be.

Here are some facts about the 1500's

Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May,

And they still smelled pretty good by June.. However, since they were starting to smell,
brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor.

Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting married.

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water.

The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water,

Then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children.

Last of all the babies.

By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it.
Hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!"

Houses had thatched roofs-thick straw-piled high, with no wood underneath.

It was the only place for animals to get warm, so all the cats and other small animals
(mice, bugs) lived in the roof.

When it rained it became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof.
Hence the saying, "It's raining cats and dogs."
There was nothing to stop things from falling into the house.

This posed a real problem in the bedroom where bugs and other droppings

Could mess up your nice clean bed.

Hence, a bed with big posts and a sheet hung over the top afforded some protection.

That's how canopy beds came into existence.

The floor was dirt. Only the wealthy had something other than dirt.

Hence the saying, "Dirt poor." The wealthy had slate floors that would get slippery
In the winter when wet, so they spread thresh (straw) on the floor to help keep their footing..

As the winter wore on, they added more thresh until, when you opened the door,
It would all start slipping outside. A piece of wood was placed in the entrance-way.
Hence: a thresh hold.

(Getting quite an education, aren't you?)

In those old days, they cooked in the kitchen with a big kettle that always hung over the fire.

Every day they lit the fire and added things to the pot. They ate mostly vegetables
And did not get much meat. They would eat the stew for dinner, leaving leftovers
In the pot to get cold overnight and then start over the next day.

Sometimes stew had food in it that had been there for quite a while.

Hence the rhyme:

“Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot nine days old."
Sometimes they could obtain pork, which made them feel quite special.

When visitors came over, they would hang up their bacon to show off.

It was a sign of wealth that a man could, "bring home the bacon."

They would cut off a little to share with guests

And would all sit around and chew the fat.

Those with money had plates made of pewter.

Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach onto the food, causing lead poisoning death.

This happened most often with tomatoes,
so for the next 400 years or so, tomatoes were considered poisonous.

Bread was divided according to status..

Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf, the family got the middle,

and guests got the top, or the upper crust.

Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky.
The combination would sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days..
Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial.
They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around
and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up.

Hence the custom; “holding a wake."
England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people.

So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave.

When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive.
So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell.

Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night (the graveyard shift) to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be,
“saved by the bell" or was "considered a dead ringer."

And that's the truth.

Now, whoever said history was boring!!!

So get out there and educate someone!
Share these facts with a friend.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"
We'll be friends until we are old and senile.
Then we'll be new friends.

Smile, it gives your face something to do!

How come? The ED is made to sound like it has a lot of noise no doubt but...

I'm hungry
Quote:

That was an awesome read, I love these type of stories.

I do but my professor recites them too us too much
Quote:
Too many rednecks in America to get rid of guns... Hopefully... The NRA is a huge lobbyist group that would probably prevent any anti-gun legislation from going into action.
But yeah, our country was born from guns... And slaves...
This.
It's already really easy to get a gun without getting it registered under your name, AKA it's untraceable...
Lol southern neighbors...
You forgot about the whole issue of slaves being counted as 3/5 of a person in the constitution...
That was an interesting read, btw.

....am I the only one who didn't read it? lol

Obviously.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #44,411 of 177,745
@ Shin Sekai Yori 

I just want this story to end. Stop with the cliffhangers ~.~

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #44,413 of 177,745

Quote:
The debate was seem to go back into the Brady gun law and what not with consumer long rifles(they aren't exactly "assault" rifles)/
American Notion of Freedom is not only that but it is about as hypocritical as it gets.

Yeah true, but my school offers rifle shooting as a sport so I've seen what a .308 round can do. Regardless of if consumer long rifles aren't exactly "assault" rifles, they can do a heck of a lot of damage even with hunting rifles. I shot .22LR for a season too....

Quote:
One president Jefferson called for a rewriting of the constitution for every generation.

However nowadays, you would be labeled a terrorist for even briging up anti U.S GOVERNMENT ideals such as that.

So much for free speech huh

Quote:
More on black market? It's already filled with guns, most likely.
The difference it's going to make is that gun-owning well regarded adults with stupid kids won't end up having their kids steal the gun and go on killing sprees.
People that do acquire their guns off the black market will do it anyway.

Freedom? That's like saying there's no freedom in Canada but I digress. American notion of freedom is about as dumb as it gets lol.

I guess the only thing I can say is that gun wielding murderers tend to have higher K/D.

I thought there was a long firearm involved, but whatever the case, it's not like all schools are made with Call of Duty/Battlefield 3 materials xD schools need to have decently heavy/thick walls for sound isolation purposes. Imagine teaching in a room where you can hear other classes not only through the door cracks but also through the walls... noise floor too high! xD

Well if you can call a carbine a long firearm, then yes there was, but that was found in a car in the school parking lot. COD and BF3 materials tend to be rather dodgy in terms of penetration :p Hmmmm, for a typical school i guess they would use brick veneer and possibly some insulation added in there, but that is for newer school buildings so walls tend to be thinner.... my school for example (which was built mostly in the 80s apparently), has some concrete buildings with walls being almost 15cm thick so yeah.... floors tend to be rather thick concrete too for most buildings I'm guessing, but i may be a bit off due to simplifications in the Australian standards in my school's yr9-10 architecture course. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #44,414 of 177,745
Quote:
Well if you can call a carbine a long firearm, then yes there was, but that was found in a car in the school parking lot. COD and BF3 materials tend to be rather dodgy in terms of penetration :p Hmmmm, for a typical school i guess they would use brick veneer and possibly some insulation added in there, but that is for newer school buildings so walls tend to be thinner.... my school for example (which was built mostly in the 80s apparently), has some concrete buildings with walls being almost 15cm thick so yeah.... floors tend to be rather thick concrete too for most buildings I'm guessing, but i may be a bit off due to simplifications in the Australian standards in my school's yr9-10 architecture course. 

Yeah, that was my point lol. They try to make it realistic but in the end it just looks ridiculous since practically everything has penetration. You get concrete blocks that can't block bullets, yet sometimes you get plywoods that save your face.
My schools tend to have the likes of cinder blocks in between classrooms and is easily 15~20cm thick. Though I notice the walls facing the hallways aren't as thick, with 10~15cm.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #44,415 of 177,745
Quote:
I'm hungry
I do but my professor recites them too us too much
....am I the only one who didn't read it? lol

Obviously.

Didn't read... what?
Quote:

Lol, you actually got to shoot .308 at school? Lucky! All we could shoot was .17 caliber air rifles...
I though guns were mostly banned in AUS... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back