「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #43,456 of 177,744
Quote:
lol there isn't a significant difference between lossless and lossy in the first place.
There's no way I could tell without some critical listening and/or AB-ing the two.
Let alone in difference in lossy formats with the same bit-rate.....

Though I still like to keep my music lossless for non-audio reasons
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, its very hard, I just do it as it is a huge guarantor of my song quality and other various reasons.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #43,457 of 177,744
Quote:
I can usually in an ABX test differentiate between a lossless CD ripped track and its lossy ripped one. However this is only with the foobar ABX where you match A with X and B with Y and vice versa. I can't tell which one is the lossy and which is the lossless but I know that they sound different and can choose it correctly.

However choosing between MP3 320 kbps CBR and MP3 Lame 320kbps VBR v-0 has never been done by me. 

So why do it?

This question goes back to why some don't use ALAC, iTunes, and want to listen to MP3's. I mean, why do we even keep downloading those FLAC's even though the MP3 already is good enough? It's a guraantee basically. I just want to guarantee that it can sound just as good as my lossless track.

For something that makes more sense, why do we look at review before buying a product. For example, I want a $70 printer, why not just go out and buy it, they will all print? Yeah but if you are going to get one already anyway, why not get the best you can achieve. Same thing, if its already an option and you have easy control over whether to use it, why not go with the better option.

Lame MP3 320kbps VBR v-0 not only is a lower file size than AAC 256kbps and MP3 320kbps but is also superior.

It's forever in my avatar

The v-0 part is probably a mistake, or the 320kbps part. You can't have both. Do you mean 320kbps ABR (which LAME doesn't have, I think)? 320ABR is certainly not smaller than 256kps AAC (my level of transparency in terms of bitrate)

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #43,458 of 177,744
Quote:
Basically. roflmao.
Well said, well said!
Okay I'm out. Otatumi miina* in advance.
* : Used with provisional permission by Panda man bowei006. Batteries not included.

Otasumi miina!
Quote:
The v-0 part is probably a mistake, or the 320kbps part. You can't have both. Do you mean 320kbps ABR (which LAME doesn't have, I think)? 320ABR is certainly not smaller than 256kps AAC (my level of transparency in terms of bitrate)

-v 0 is what I was meant.

YEah, 320kbps part is a mistake. I use that too much.

Most VBR -v 0 come out at 240-280kbps

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #43,459 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
Random Japanese person???  Not following...  Yup, the crow.  Apparently, a "currawong" is a bird from Australia.  We've been using that as the central theme more or less.

LOL I've thinking It was a crow or something.

Yeah, after a while we started calling it that too.  Turns out that referring to a currawong (the bird) and Currawong (the admin) in the same sentence can be confusing at times.

Quote:
Whatever person Tilpo mentioned along with the currawong... I googled it and it came up with some random Asian person...

LOL, well it will be unique if you decide to go that way!

Quote:
yay! I feel special now

Damn skippy! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
bowei's sudden lack of coherence syndrom (giraffe-hamster syndrome).

Wait, you mean that's a real phenomena?

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #43,460 of 177,744
I think the lossless vs lossy thing is very real but it depends on three things. The recording, your equipment, and to an extent, the genre of song. I mean hell, sometimes even just having a different pressing makes enough difference to be able to tell between lossless and lossy.

As far as different variations of mp3? I thought they were all just compression methods and had no effect on sound... a 320 Lame should sound the same as 320AAC right?

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #43,461 of 177,744
I think the lossless vs lossy thing is very real but it depends on three things. The recording, your equipment, and to an extent, the genre of song. I mean hell, sometimes even just having a different pressing makes enough difference to be able to tell between lossless and lossy.

As far as different variations of mp3? I thought they were all just compression methods and had no effect on sound... a 320 Lame should sound the same as 320AAC right?

It's hard to differentiate electronic songs

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #43,463 of 177,744
Quote:

Practically speaking, yes, due to the fact that stuff around that level should be transparent enough that you can't tell the difference. Technically, no, since different compression formats are...different. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=77586

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #43,465 of 177,744
Hyper-read 20+ pages in about 10 minutes and quoted everything I wanted to. Yay?
Quote:
To be fair, SO many other people in anime have had the eye patch or some weird eye thing.

I think the show has been quite good this season. Enjoyable that is. nothing much more than that.

Eh, but Another is just the first anime I've ever seen with that so it's obviously my reference point.
Quote:

Yaaaay, adorable zergling shirt arrived. 
biggrin.gif

Awesome!
Quote:
How to center the new YouTube layout. This should help out the members with uber screen res. Mine is only quarter-yber. :<

The new Youtube layout is nice. I think it's much more minimal, although maybe because I have Adblock Plus enabled for Chrome (does slightly better than Adblock but in general use you wouldn't notice a difference).

Anyways, saving this just in case I need it in the future.
Quote:
Regarding R;N and Aki-chan, I'm even more hurt since in my engineering mind, and in hindsight, they really should've modified the plans and just take up on JAXA's offer. Heck even try to design the exterior a bit like Gunvarrel. It's even more sad when you
remember that her sister said that anything that Aki-chan will do is going to be ordinary, as it's proven in episode 9. Which makes me even more hurt! D:
Yes I say in hindsight since after b1o's curbstomp to me, my engineering senses finally am able to surface from Aki-chan's mystifying charm.
Yes, i am implying that I'm sorry for the outburst b1o. Sumimasen.

It's been a long time since I have felt this deep emotionally with an anime character, and I love it. It's a good thing that this kind of thing doesn't happen often for me, since that would make it even more sweet whenever it happens. Well not now since Aki-chan's sad.
frown.gif

50/50!

Same here. First time and only time that I really gave a damn was my first proper anime (Angel Beats) and that was a few years ago.
Quote:
My ISP is chill about everything (Limits, bittorrent,ect.). And of course, not through school :)
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/high-expectations-asian-father

Awesome.

I barely see my father so I guess he doesn't expect too much from me besides for doing good in school and being an "over achiever".
Quote:
Apperently SNES units with 4 rubber feets have removable APU modules.
(as opposed to units with 2 rubber and 2 plastic feets,)
They look something like this:

Neat.
Quote:
HOOOOOOOLY BAAAAAAAALLLLLLLSyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Looks pretty awesome.
Quote:
Not just any pony; it's a Fluttershy FB theme.

> Tutor Japanese friend
> Receive pocky

Nice!
Quote:
This should gives a good idea of what is coming up. Pardon my dirty D12.

*drools*

Wondering if I should get a pair of Sony's, but not like my parents would let me get anything in the first place.
Quote:
oh shiz...how did you get out of that one by explaining?
At first it wasn't.

Currawong came onto the TMAC thread and also semi joined our monthly thing. 4 of us got titles there. Basicaly they started talking about my title while I was gone and Wired hilariously posed that I should get "Buttcrack and Candy floss" and that is EXACTLY what I got. Baiscally it took me 3-4 revisions before I got this one. 

In order of custom titles currawong gave me:
1:Buttcrack and Candyfloss
2:pandas, buttcracks and candyfloss
3:panda boy
4:panda man

I'd have to disagree with your current title because I wouldn't quite call you a "man" tbh (seriously). More of like adolescent since you're not a boy or man, just in between (age wise and mentally).
Quote:
And there we have it
rolleyes.gif

Graph asking if he should buy them

And

Deadly's responce to Graph

Haha!
Quote:
[size=x-small][/size]

I thought this was pretty epic

Chuunibyou X Guilty Crown

That is indeed very epic. Still need to watch Chuunibyou, which I actually only noticed after Bowei told me on Steam (unless I'm confusing one of my Steam friends with bowei while they're somebody else).
Quote:
SAO 23
that was pretty awesome
biggrin.gif

but...
Why can she suddenly use the admin pass without a console????
that's one HUGE plot hole!!

This.
Quote:

The door was the console (sort of) ??? 
That's the only explanation I can think of.

Yes, but remember, Yui can't use the card whatsoever, and I don't think that door would be a giant console.

Quote:
Just can't help to think Kirito is such a big cheater. Totally OP.

This, although that would fit his statement I like which was something like 

"Now I'm just a cheater instead of a beater".
When he first arrived on ALfheim Online (ALO).

Quote:
well I think I've settled on the HD650 being my purchase.

Nice, although you really should have snatched one during Sennheiser's Black Friday sale. That was a huge discount.
Quote:
Alright, Borisu is dead or sleeping or something right now, so again, P-H is stalled >_<
I think he should just send the files as they are to the case maker and see if they look right on that guy's setup...
Here's the final drawings for the front and back silkscreens unless someone wants something else or notices a fault:

How far are you guys on the project now? I don't really check for updates since I'm no longer involved (unless you include the name of this project).
Quote:
You bast...

LOL.
Quote:
lol there isn't a significant difference between lossless and lossy in the first place.
There's no way I could tell without some critical listening and/or AB-ing the two.
Let alone in difference in lossy formats with the same bit-rate.....

Though I still like to keep my music lossless for non-audio reasons
rolleyes.gif

This. That and I feel like lossless = archive. It\s nice to have the entire soundtrack instead of some inferior lower quality version of it, although you wouldn't hear a difference in general use unless you have some great hearing capabilities or evolution has built in good hearing capabilities for us.

Bowei, do you have any gear you can spare? I'm dying from listening on this desktop (I'll post photos when I have time) through these crappy USB speakers and onboard audio.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #43,466 of 177,744
Quote:
I just had to do so much hw.
Otasumi miina (panda trademark)

Finished mine about 20 minutes ago. I'm going to do horrible on a project due Wednesday. I have 2 days to finish making a sort of journal thing about 6 things on Egyptian life. Supposed to be a Mesopotamian spy seeing whether or not the Mesopotamians should invade Egypt. Gotta open my mom's new blender we got during black friday to make some paper so I'll have something that's a close resemblance to papyrus due to the fact that I can make the paper somewhat thick and it will look somewhat worn with the uneven, curved, weird shaped edges I can get.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #43,469 of 177,744
Quote:
You should
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol, what are some good DnB albums?

It's up now... just click on my name an there should b a link

I have a lot of old stuff, but Culprate- Colours is one of my FAVORITE ALBUMS EVER... that's stuff just magic! 

Also my first tube will be in tommrow :D. Gonna try it with 6922 tubes, then roll in some 12UA7's when the Digi Multi Meter I need comes home in the afternoon! 

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #43,470 of 177,744
Quote:
It's up now... just click on my name an there should b a link

I have a lot of old stuff, but Culprate- Colours is one of my FAVORITE ALBUMS EVER... that's stuff just magic! 

Also my first tube will be in tommrow :D. Gonna try it with 6922 tubes, then roll in some 12UA7's when the Digi Multi Meter I need comes home in the afternoon! 

You mean 12AU7?
or is it a different tube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back