「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #39,841 of 177,744
Nope but if possible I may ask for my unit without that overweight hunk of aluminum and try to make my own case (at the cost of having the same unit as everyone else :/)

On a side note wow me jelly a classmate has a Sharp Mirumo phone >_<

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #39,842 of 177,744
Quote:
Nope but if possible I may ask for my unit without that overweight hunk of aluminum and try to make my own case (at the cost of having the same unit as everyone else :/)
On a side note wow me jelly a classmate has a Sharp Mirumo phone >_<

We shall see if we can lower case cost. Right now the case is $22 USD.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #39,843 of 177,744
Quote:
We shall see if we can lower case cost. Right now the case is $22 USD.

Does that include any drilling or silkscreening? Because even if we get a discount for ordering 10 won't it cost a bit to do the silkscreening?

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #39,844 of 177,744
Tonight I have 4 anime to watch! Magi and Sakurasou which I have yet to watch the last eps of and Hayate and Chuunibyou. Should be a fine anime night ~_~

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #39,845 of 177,744
We haven't bought the case yet right? It's still in the designing mode? And Mech is designing the layout of the case (not making the physical case right?)?
Did I get that correct. Sorry still a lil confused. :)

Nvm..the reason was because I thought Solidworks was some kind of part of something of the case....Fail XD

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #39,846 of 177,744
Quote:
We haven't bought the case yet right? It's still in the designing mode? And Mech is designing the layout of the case (not making the physical case right?)?
Did I get that correct. Sorry still a lil confused. :)

yep

Quote:
Does that include any drilling or silkscreening? Because even if we get a discount for ordering 10 won't it cost a bit to do the silkscreening?

Nope, that is EXACTLY what we are doing right now. They want a model or something to give us a quote on how much the total is. I'm hoping for $300 after everything including shipping.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #39,847 of 177,744
Holy Crap! This OVA came out! It looks very interesting:

42075.jpg

Four high school girls in uniforms walk silently on the barren earth. These girls are time travelers who had been sent 6000 years into the future, from their present in which the same day is endlessly repeated, in order to evade human extinction.​

They studied time travel in school, were examined by the aptitude test, and were sent to the future as told. What should they do now? They had no idea. The only thing they could take with them from the present was a light, toy-like cellphone. Of course, it receives no signal here.​

As the girls are walking, they see strange birds flying in the sky, and a discolored river in the distance.​

Then, one girl finds an abandoned house, and recognizes the name inscribed on the front gates.
MyAnimeList

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #39,849 of 177,744
When I first joined this forum I started to realize the poorness of Beats and the value of high quality headphones. So I asked a friend (through text) about Beats by Dr. Dre because I knew he had a pair. The conversation as followed...

Me: You own a pair of beats by dr. Dre dont you?
He: Yea
Me: Do you feel that they are the best? i am doing a small census, no worries
He: They are the best in my opinion
Me: Have you tried other headphones? not including other beats or skullcandy or apple ibuds
He: Skull candies are next in line under beats
Me: Would you say Beats are the best headphones in the world?
HE: Yes

Well then..

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #39,850 of 177,744
Quote:
When I first joined this forum I started to realize the poorness of Beats and the value of high quality headphones. So I asked a friend (through text) about Beats by Dr. Dre because I knew he had a pair. The conversation as followed...
Me: You own a pair of beats by dr. Dre dont you?
He: Yea
Me: Do you feel that they are the best? i am doing a small census, no worries
He: They are the best in my opinion
Me: Have you tried other headphones? not including other beats or skullcandy or apple ibuds
He: Skull candies are next in line under beats
Me: Would you say Beats are the best headphones in the world?
HE: Yes
Well then..

I have tried as for real brands only company A and company B and thus based off what others say online, they are the best. 

Quote:
Looks interesting, but won't touch it unless someone translates the manga and light novel. 

An old placeholder description for Clannad on a BakaBT upload:

NOO GET AWAY FROM Nagisa and Tomoyo!!!

Only Tomoya!

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #39,851 of 177,744
Watching Pet no Kanojo

OP is meh. God start beat but meh later on.

Thanks to Borisu and Rikkun, I picked up some series that I otherwise wouldn't have (due to crappy descriptions) like this show and Tonari kun :) Any others are welcome :) I am not watching too many this season (like 5)

Asobi ni iku yo!!!!!!! I love that line, as it was a previous anime and sounds just fun of course :)

Edit: Omaigawd I love this show, I usually angst at the understandings but this show has them done well mainly due to Masiro's execution of it :) And her one line comments are just hilarious sometimes

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #39,852 of 177,744
Quote:
O.O Is that case we are getting made out of acrylic???

Lol I feel so organized now! I put all my equipment in lists!

Nope.

not sure what you did exactly...?

Quote:
Oh man you make me want to make my own case now...
Though I don't have nice shaded acrylic like that.
If fitting the jacks securely on the face and back is simple enough ill try to do it!!
(Does Project-H heat up a lot?)

LOL

Project-H does not heat up..... well a little.
Make some venting holes.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #39,853 of 177,744
Quote:
Nope.

not sure what you did exactly...?

LOL

Project-H does not heat up..... well a little.
Make some venting holes.

It must be the DAC or P-H board. The O2 barely produced any heat but then again, my case had a lot of space and vents. 

The Ed of pet no kanojo is pretty good. I want it.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #39,854 of 177,744
Holy Crap! This OVA came out! It looks very interesting:

42075.jpg

Four high school girls in uniforms walk silently on the barren earth. These girls are time travelers who had been sent 6000 years into the future, from their present in which the same day is endlessly repeated, in order to evade human extinction.​

They studied time travel in school, were examined by the aptitude test, and were sent to the future as told. What should they do now? They had no idea. The only thing they could take with them from the present was a light, toy-like cellphone. Of course, it receives no signal here.​

As the girls are walking, they see strange birds flying in the sky, and a discolored river in the distance.​

Then, one girl finds an abandoned house, and recognizes the name inscribed on the front gates.
[COLOR=AC4357]MyAnimeList
[/color]

Thanks for the notice. And for rediscovering something I posted a month or two ago :cool:

Well in my case (no pun intended) it isn't so much the cost than the weight. Sure, it will be desktop, but I don't want something toooo heavy either.
Now I'm starting to forget where I got the 1.4kg from but that's more than 3x the weight of a FiiO E9. All just for the empty case
I hope you guys are aware that 2~3mm of aluminum thickness should be more than enough, add stiffening bars if you want it stronger. Solid face plate of 6mm is pretty thick too.
Is this designed with hammering on a daily basis? :rolleyes:
If we're talking about steel then maybe the weight would make more sense. That or it's not 1.4kg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back