「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 2, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #28,216 of 177,744
Started watching Mai Mai Miracle. Doesn't seem that great. I don't have enough patience right now anyways, but maybe I'll try watching the rest later. Eating cereal and watching a lecture on behavioral biology instead.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #28,217 of 177,744
Quote:

I'm from Hong Kong so I understand everything! 
biggrin.gif
You know Cantonese and Chinese too?

I'm fluent in chinese, and can understand some cantonese since half my relatives speak it.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #28,218 of 177,744
Quote:
Started watching Mai Mai Miracle. Doesn't seem that great. I don't have enough patience right now anyways, but maybe I'll try watching the rest later. Eating cereal and watching a lecture on behavioral biology instead.

Having enough patience for a lecture but not an anime does not bode well for the anime
blink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 2, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #28,223 of 177,744
Quote:
I'm interested in the $200 NExust 7...but honestly with a Tegra 3 quad core and all those bell's and whistles google is loosing some major money(pocket change to google though). Be it them paying companies or building factories to make the parts cheaper or whatever. That is worthy EASILY over $200 after NOT EVEN including the parts cost but the R and D to build it and marketing.

I have been getting drunk, I have no idea what has been posted in the previous 5 pages. I have the Nexus 7 and it is awesome. Also listen to this and tell me what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joUkeD4wRtk&list=PLA54AE48DFA7866D5&index=8&feature=plpp_video

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #28,224 of 177,744
Sep 2, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #28,225 of 177,744
Quote:
I have been getting drunk, I have no idea what has been posted in the previous 5 pages. I have the Nexus 7 and it is awesome. Also listen to this and tell me what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joUkeD4wRtk&list=PLA54AE48DFA7866D5&index=8&feature=plpp_video

I have been getting drunk too. For me, it's mostly that I'm too lazy to following everything in this topic. It moves way too fast! That's a fabulous song, by the way. Maybe it's because I'm also drunk. Either way, I'm bookmarking this playlist. Thanks much!

In other news, I bit the bullet and got Guild Wars 2. Installing it right now...while kinda drunk on soju. This will be fun.

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #28,227 of 177,744
Quote:
you guys drink soju? 

and let me know how guild wars is!

Yeah, I like it better than beer. It gets me trashed faster and I don't feel so bloated. I'd let you know how Guild Wars is, but it's taking forever to install. Thank goodness my internet connection is at least moderately fast.

By the way, what do you guys think of Younha? She's an old favorite of mine, but for whatever reason she hasn't garnered much fame in Korea. I mean they don't show her on the music shows anyway. I figured it was because she wasn't as attractive as some of the idols, but she's not bad looking at all to me.

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #28,228 of 177,744
Quote:
I was referring to the highest format ever. That would be hard to do. Anyway...your requirements are quite low actually and any $500 USD laptop on the market can do this, as in play HD 1080p video and output good audio through USB or optical if it is awesome enough to have it.

Doesn't matter? Even with the number of SATA ports on a regular Mobo which is 6 will give you to be what looks like over 10TB's of storage anyway. 

You can then cheat and use external USB hard drives. Not sure if firewire will count as external sata would 

Really? Oh well. That means I don't have to spend much on my next lappy then

10TB is actually not big IMO, need more...

I'll probably use external for backups anyway.

Which reminds me, from what year of laptops that I can install 2 internal HDD? I know that I can switch the disk drive with SSD, but not sure if 2.5 HDD though

Since nobody got the reference I'll explain.  Getting "handed the bento" is a popular Chinese ACG euphemism for a character getting killed off in an anime or movie.  It originates from a popular Stephen Chow comedy movie (King of Comedy) where Stephen, who aspired to be a great actor, could only get minor supporting roles that always get killed off after a morning's shooting.  He would get a lunchbox ("bento") as his payment every time.

It's an obscure reference internationally speaking but since this is the Asian lounge I thought I would throw it out 
tongue.gif

LOL!

I'm fluent in chinese, and can understand some cantonese since half my relatives speak it.

All Asian thread then~

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #28,229 of 177,744
Quote:
By the way, what do you guys think of Younha? She's an old favorite of mine, but for whatever reason she hasn't garnered much fame in Korea. I mean they don't show her on the music shows anyway. I figured it was because she wasn't as attractive as some of the idols, but she's not bad looking at all to me.

I like Younha. This song has been stuck in my head every so often lately.

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #28,230 of 177,744
@Rikkun
NOOOO!!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/84184/before-and-after-pics-curse-you-head-fi
He got the title of Headphones prolificus!!!!!!

Which reminds me:
Where the hell is my custom title? It's been almost a week since I contacted Jude. (/゚Д゚)/

晚安!我明天会回来看你们!

I feel proud for recognizing
6/11 characters. But I still have no idea what you said without cheating with rikaikun (which didn't recognize the last character for some reason).

Which reminds me, you need to put rikaikun/rikaichan and furigana in the OP.

Furigana injector for chrome
Furigana injector for firefox
Rikaikun
Rikaichan

Also mention what kind of thing it is, e.g.:

Culture/language

• Windows Teach2000
  • Android Obenkyo
  • Chrome Rikaikun
  • Website The Japanese Page

Makes it much better.
If you're too lazy to do it, I can do it for you and then you can copy the BB code.

I would've just held it with my hands because plastic is not a bad insulator
and while the soldering iron may be 400˚C, the actual amount of thermal energy transferred is not that much.
(not enough to heat up the entire wire to hand-burning temps. )

Normally that's what I do, but in this specific case I found that to be impossible. The space is very cramped up, so the soldering is not done instantly. It was really quite difficult. As a result the contact time was >10s, and since the wires are short they got hot enough to burn my hands. That's why I started using needle nose pliers instead of my bare hands.
(please don't be a jerk and try to prove otherwise, even if you may find it easier (which I doubt) it's still difficult for the less experienced. Especially since I used 18 AWG wires, where 22 would have been more applicable.)

Koi Choco once again redefines itself, not by being non generic but by using elements in other series that arne't really present in harem's and in such execution.

LOL.
I find KoiChoco generic as hell and extremely boring.

I'm from Hong Kong so I understand everything!  :D You know Cantonese and Chinese too?

I wonder, how similar are Cantonese and Mandarin?
Is it significantly easier for someone fluent in one to learn the other? Or is it like learning a completely new language that only has a similar writing system?

I imagined it would be kinda like how a Dutch person would learn German. The grammar and spelling is totally different, but the vocabulary is similar so it's a lot easier to learn the language, although it's still a lot of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back