「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #22,516 of 177,745
Ahahahahahaha lmao Kokoro Connect XD Ep4 what did i just hear at the end XD ahahahahahaha shiftiest sharing of secrets ever :v

I don't think they are offensive but please do tell me if they are XD

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #22,518 of 177,745
Quote:
My iPod classic and o2 sound fine with the hd600...

There isn't anything wrong with the Classics DAC, but I personally like to use higher end DAC's. When you do A/B testing, the differences do show when you have the gear, such as the Burr Brown's imaging and constriction in the A & R Cambridge DAC and what not

@sunbakedemokid
About to watch kokkor connect :) Not gonna read the spoiler 

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #22,519 of 177,745
@Bowei

Chapter 16.5 is in novel form because SAO is a Light Novel 
tongue.gif

And Asuna is already someone else's waifu....

After finishing Volume 1 I really wonder where the anime is going to go. The LN is really nothing special so I doubt the anime will rise above that.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #22,520 of 177,745
Quote:
@Bowei

Chapter 16.5 is in novel form because SAO is a Light Novel 
tongue.gif

And Asuna is already someone else's waifu....

After finishing Volume 1 I really wonder where the anime is going to go. The LN is really nothing special so I doubt the anime will rise above that.

Wait...light novels......are text? The light novels I have read are all in picture form but really...not long

I know....BAKA KIRITO!

I am just gonna enjoy the anime so I'm not going to look into the manga yet :/

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #22,521 of 177,745
@panda: I'm getting bored of the usual look now. I want new icons and themes. Was thinking about a space invaders combination...

The manga is a lot faster in pace btw, and it doesn't really have the fillers of his life like the anime has.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #22,522 of 177,745
Quote:
Wait...light novels......are text? The light novels I have read are all in picture form but really...not long

I know....BAKA KIRITO!

I am just gonna enjoy the anime so I'm not going to look into the manga yet :/

Yar Light Novels are usually around 200-300 pages with less than 10 pages of illustrations. Ore no Imouto is another Light Novel adaptation. Loads of anime these days are actually. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #22,523 of 177,745
Quote:
Yar Light Novels are usually around 200-300 pages with less than 10 pages of illustrations. Ore no Imouto is another Light Novel adaptation. Loads of anime these days are actually. 

Wait...light novels....are novel form!!!?? I never knew that....holy crap........

Ore no imoutou is sooo cute though

I realized.. I didn't even see ep 3, so I just saw it and really. Kokorro connect may get a good score, it's a nice school sol at times with loads of comedy (I tried not to laugh my arse off many times) but also the dark and young adult side of things dealing with what people go through at that age....

Quote:
@panda: I'm getting bored of the usual look now. I want new icons and themes. Was thinking about a space invaders combination...

The manga is a lot faster in pace btw, and it doesn't really have the fillers of his life like the anime has.

I had tha feel years ago :)

I could realize that, the anime producer probably wanted to go another route..and I gotta say,t his route is a lot more memorable

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #22,524 of 177,745
I've read Volume 2 of the official SZS translated tankoubon. In a sense, good job Del Rey. They do quite their due diligence on a manga such as SZS, managed to provide the translation notes that Suimasen Scans can, albeit a little bit less in depth. Bonus to tankoubons though is more of Kumeta's ramblings in his paper blogs, all based on each individual chapters for the volume. What I'm saying is that for the missing chapters that didn't end up on the internet and translated, anybody that worships SZS like me should get the official translation. Because it's as much good as the work done my Suimasen Scans IMO.

One thing I actually dislike about Suimasen is the bonus page of translation notes. It is too in depth in my opinion, and you end up almost spending more time reading the translation notes than the actual chapter.
This kinda tired me out at a certain point, so I'm taking a break from reading SZS, and I'll be reading Negima first probably. So far I really like it.

Wait...light novels....are novel form!!!?? I never knew that....holy crap........

You didn't know?
And usually they are more like novellas than novels, but that's a technicality.

I tried reading Haruhi once, but it bored me to death.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #22,525 of 177,745
Quote:
One thing I actually dislike about Suimasen is the bonus page of translation notes. It is too in depth in my opinion, and you end up almost spending more time reading the translation notes than the actual chapter.
This kinda tired me out at a certain point, so I'm taking a break from reading SZS, and I'll be reading Negima first probably. So far I really like it.

I have to agree on that. It seems their diligence is too much LOL. While it is very commendable, reading their SZS is a chore, much like how I find watching it is a chore (a chore to grab as many awesome screenshot as possible :p)

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #22,527 of 177,745
I have to agree on that. It seems their diligence is too much LOL. While it is very commendable, reading their SZS is a chore, much like how I find watching it is a chore (a chore to grab as many awesome screenshot as possible :p)

I think a chore is an excellent way of describing it.

It is quite interesting, but also quite tiring to read. Well, before that there were bad translations with many grammatical mistakes which constantly made me cringe.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #22,528 of 177,745
Quote:
And @bowei, can you be a little bit more dense. It's called a light novel for a reason LOL. Not as thick as a real novel, but it's still a novel.

I know....

I thought..all the short manga versions of the anime I read(graphically) were light novels......holy crap..now I get it.
Quote:
You didn't know?
And usually they are more like novellas than novels, but that's a technicality.
I tried reading Haruhi once, but it bored me to death.

.....the SAO 16.5 bored me a bit as well, but it was nice I guess
Asu-nyaa was delish!! :3

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #22,529 of 177,745
I think I realized at least one case of an episode of SZS is different from it's corresponding chapter: i.e. in this case the hibernation chapter/episode. The ending is different. In manga

Kudou-kun tells a powerful bedtime story to lull everyone to sleep. Chiri being the persistent b**ch she is, dug up a hole to keep Sensei awake, uncovering some things that are halted in development (including the Qualia LOLOLOLOOLOL). It ends with Sensei coming out into a cave with a snow storm outside and Kafuka-chan, in her eternal twistedness, says Sensei is inhibernation (he's on his way to a slow, cold death)
In the anime

there's no Kudou-kun to tell a bedtime story, but the effect of sealing in the window cracks and using a (char?)coal furnace, producing carbon monoxide, make it looked like mass suicide. They (Chiri and Sensei) realized this as their battle made both of them oddly tired and short of breath.
That only took 3 repetitions of each version to realise this :p

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #22,530 of 177,745
I know....

I thought..all the short manga versions of the anime I read(graphically) were light novels......holy crap..now I get it.
.....the SAO 16.5 bored me a bit as well, but it was nice I guess
Asu-nyaa was delish!! :3

Just wondering, is Asuna a character in SAO?

Because it's a main character in Negima too, but it'd be odd if you were referring to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back