「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #22,216 of 177,745
Quote:
What on earth is wrong with paypal? Or otherwise do a direct transfer to his bank account.
Sending physical money has all sorts of customs problems, and the currency is different too. And not to mention the needless wastage on shipping costs.

Yeah, sucks to be me...

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #22,220 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Any of you have recommendations for good speakers under $150 each?

Some MDF and a pair of $50 drivers.
wink.gif

(that'd be bad of course, since you want multiple drivers and a crossover network instead)

I really don't think speakers systems under 1k is worth it....

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #22,222 of 177,745
I really don't think speakers systems under 1k is worth it....

For convenience, dude.

There are quite a few times where I prefer listening to speakers over headphone simply because of convenience. In fact, my next upgrade is most likely gonna be my speakers, since I realized good speakers actually compliment good headphones very well.

For the serious listening I'll keep my headphones, but for background music while reading a book speakers are nice.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #22,228 of 177,745
Quote:
I didn't think so....

(and yes, I've used the HD25 quite a lot during work.)

I would have expected it to suit rock better with it's v eq :L friend has it and it sounds rather aggressive...

Quote:
They are uncomfortable relative to other cans, which is their biggest drawback.
Other than that they have a bit of a muddy bass and don't extent very far into the highs. Not bad for rock per se at all, although better for electronic genres than for rock.
I simply wouldn't recommend the HD25-1 II's for home purposes. To me they should only be used as portable cans, for which they suit their purpose pretty darn well.

That's true though.... home.... i see now....

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #22,230 of 177,745
I would have expected it to suit rock better with it's v eq :L friend has it and it sounds rather aggressive...

Frequency response isn't everything. They suit rock relatively well in terms of frequency response, but due to their lack of comfort I wouldn't recommend them for home purposes.

And remember that frequency response is very much preference as well. It's impossible to say that 'response X will sound good with rock', since many people might prefer a different sound signature. And that would be generalizing the sound signature of a genre a lot as well. Not all rock sounds the same, in fact the variations are HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back