「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #22,186 of 177,745
Quote:
But they are in the socked a weird kinda way, on a small PCB platform.
If you want to put them in the socket you'd need a larger one. (so not exactly the same opamps).

But that shouldn't be a huge problem.

Hmm... I don't really understand... A picture may help?

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #22,194 of 177,745
Quote:
You can.
But that would require soldering. Which is exactly my point.

The sockets are solderless, the platforms ain't.

Oh, I meant you can just take the whole thing out.
Mine isn't surface mount

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #22,196 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I meant you can just take the whole thing out.
Mine isn't surface mount

Exactly, meaning you have a different opamp, in a different package. (DIP 8, right? I'm still learning -_-)

Yep, Dual Inline Package 8

I also have some NE5532's in Small Outline Package 8 (SOP8).

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #22,197 of 177,745
Yep, Dual Inline Package 8

I also have some NE5532's in Small Outline Package 8 (SOP8).

If replacing the opa's fixes the issue, would you be willing to send some to me too? I just checked, and buying locally would mean getting different opa's while also setting me back €10.

I'd insist on paying you, by the way. I don't care how cheap it is, but I think it's bad ethics not to pay people for stuff like that.

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #22,199 of 177,745
I still don't get why it would require soldering...can't I just take an op amp and drop it in if Borisu sends me one? So why would I need to solder..and solder what....

The small, surface-mount opamps always require soldering. However in this kit MIU already soldered those for you and put them on a small platform.
Of you want to replace those surface mount opamps with some of the same package, you'd need to solder them to a platform as well. If you don't then they won't fit in the socket.

When you buy the opamps they don't come mounted on a little platform like that. In this case you got them like that because MIU did the soldering for you.

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #22,200 of 177,745
Quote:
The small, surface-mount opamps always require soldering. However in this kit MIU already soldered those for you and put them on a small platform.
Of you want to replace those surface mount opamps with some of the same package, you'd need to solder them to a platform as well. If you don't then they won't fit in the socket.
When you buy the opamps they don't come mounted on a little platform like that. In this case you got them like that because MIU did the soldering for you.

...thanks...now I get it... But what about the NE5532? That came in a little IC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back