「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 25, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #14,971 of 177,744
Try to say the word EVOL from Aquarion Evol backwards and what you get is the somewhat lackluster ending of Aquarion Evol.
For 26 weeks, I thought EVOL meant EVOLution but it turns out to be something blatantly obvious.

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #14,973 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:

Heh I'll think about it, I'll see how things turn out first, but I might write a little bit on how we met.

First world problem: I can't use my Omega 2's because my hair is still wet....

I have the same first world problems as well!!!! ....... EARBUDS FFTW!!!...OR cheap headphones!!!

How you met.... and somehow she turned into your imouto

Is she kinda like this:frowning2:repost)

Nipa~~
OMG SHE STOLE RIKA'S TRADEMARK LINE!!!!!

Quote:
X-post from the ODAC thread:

Just received the ODAC from JDSLabs today, initial impressions vs my old Essence STX, using my Mackies:

STX sound signature is definitely a bit warmer. 

Detail-wise I would lean towards the ODAC but its really too close to easily discern with sub-30 minutes of listening.

Biggest difference between the two is the STX sounds congested in comparison to the ODAC. I hesitate to say it's soundstage, but there is a certain effortless quality to the way the ODAC presents music. Perhaps the jitter issue with the STX rearing its head?

Edit: Further observations.

STX has more bass quantity, but often sounds bloated in comparison to the ODAC. STX treble becomes harsh at higher volumes; the ODAC much less so. 

For now I'd say ODAC>STX. But both DACs are similar enough that any heavy PC gamer/movie watcher might prefer the STX for its Dolby DSPs. (Anyone know how the ODAC deals with multi-channel content?).

Using the line-out from the STX(ASIO) with stock opamps. And my M-stage's dual inputs to compare.  

The harsh treble is important when a good 40% of my music is Vocaloid these days. 
biggrin.gif

ODAC!! (Can't wait for my 0204...)
Yep you need that treble! Down with warm tubes!!
(Its a common misconception that tubes sound warm just because they're physically warm.... LOL)

Quote:
Quote:
The harsh treble is important when a good 40% of my music is Vocaloid these days. 
biggrin.gif

I need to order me one of those soon, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I am very very drunk, I love you guys, bot not as much as my imouto.

I ran over my Omega 2 cable a few times with my roller chair, thank kami-sama its flat!

deadlylover, out.

JELLY~~ 
I want a Imouto!!!!

LOL flat STAX cables.....

Quote:
Lucky bastards. I am at school now >.<. Playing computer games, lol.

O.O
Its that the legendary VHS TAPE???

Well anyway, I went to the local headphone shops again today.
and demo'd a couple of IEMs including:
Sennheiser IE60
Sennheiser IE80
Westone 4R
Westone UM1
Westone UM3x
Shure SE315
Shure SE425
and some CIEMs too:
Westone AC2
Westone ES5

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #14,975 of 177,744
I'm watching season 2 of K-on right now and this just happened:

K-on is definitely one of the most enjoyable sol's I've seen :D

:beerchug:

K-on is awesome.
I can't wait until the blue rays of the movie come out. It aired back in December, and it should be released on blue ray next month. :D

Now I feel that I made a good decision on learning how to code (currently only Python for how to make a search engine and Javascript for websites). Next step is HTML. I just don't really know if I'll learn as much so I'm jelly. I've been hearing a lot about making websites in high school and getting payed though. Hm...

I learned HTML, Javascript and CSS in one day. These three are incredibly simple. You should just learn HTML since it's even simpler than the other two, but still useful.
Three years ago I used to do nothing but coding and I was sure I would study computer science in uni. It's weird how things like that can change so quickly, since now I'd much rather study math instead.

Got anything you recommend?

How terrible I feel at the moment, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm about a -4.

I feel like watching something sad and thought provoking.

What's it with depression and you guys? I'm sure you're just making it worse than it actually is.
You've gotta be happy with what you have to be happy with, guys!

This may sound difficult, but you need to convince yourself you're happy, and little by little you need to find the good aspects of your personality and achievements and justify the bad. I did this, together with long hours of meditation and it helped me shape me into the person I am right now, as I realized that my depression is baseless. It was painful facing my bad thoughts and memories in meditation, but it's worth it.

Not really. The one I will always recommend would be SZS. Apart from that, recommending is hard for me to do because I don't have much of a taste. I just watch and as long as the content is good, I like it. :p  I have a broad range to choose from. Well, I'd say Steins;Gate. If you hate it for its beginning, you're just not patient enough. Same with Clannad (although I've yet to watch it completely). I dropped it the first time when I never really thought about how good it would be later on. I tried Steins;Gate again and kept on watching. Was amazing.

Hm...now that I give it thought...I'm sort of around 3 on a scale of 1-10. 5 is not happy or depressed. 4 is light depression. 3 moderate depression. It isn't that bad yet.

Whenever I listen to music or watch anime that's sad (mainly music), I become depressed. Simply put, I'm controlled by music and anime. I recover in a week or more though.

Dude. Watch Clannad. It's worth it.
Though it will probably make you depressed. Most depressing show I've ever watched together with ef.

I did that once... I bought my Macbook Pro in cash....with $20 bills....you can imagine what I did....

I liked Clannad as the best !

I once was out working with about 14 guys for an entire weekend, and after that they asked me to double check the amount of money earned was correct.

It was a stack of about a hundred fifty euro bills. :eek:

Clannad was the best, indeed. Literally, it's the best anime I have watched to date in my opinion.

Time for breakfast, whiskey, and some anime...that's all I really have going for me right now. :p

Breakfast -> whiskey.
I think it'd be normal to fit about 12 hours of day time in between those two steps. One gets drunk late at night, not early in the morning.

First world problem: I can't use my Omega 2's because my hair is still wet....

I have exactly the same thing right now. Can't use my SR-202's because me hair is still wet.
Ah well, I also have the HD650's, and a pair of really quite decent speakers. I do need a sub, though.

I ran over my Omega 2 cable a few times with my roller chair, thank kami-sama its flat!

deadlylover, out.

I hung the cable in such a way that it can't reach the floor. You should see if you can do the same thing, because you can't be careful enough when it comes to headphones.

I do really like the flat cables of Stax. Imo these are one of the best cables I've ever seen on a pair of headphones, and that's with the budget model of the Lambda series. I imagine it's even better on the O2's.

Dubbed

(Its a common misconception that tubes sound warm just because they're physically warm.... LOL)

It's also because the emit a warm yet orange glow. However, it's not completely baseless. Badly designed or overdriven tube amps have a lot of harmonic distortion which creates a thick and warm sound. It ruins the sound stage, though.

JELLY~~ 
I want a Imouto!!!!

I want one too. :frowning2:

Maybe I should demand my parents to enter a program for temporary adoption of kids with parental problems. A friend of mine got an awesome imouto in exactly this way.

LOL flat STAX cables.....

Don't mess with 'em. These cables are actually really good. (in terms of ergonomics, build quality and aesthetics that is. dunno about SQ, but apparently cable capacitance is a big thing with electrostats. Too lazy to do the math to estimate how big)

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #14,977 of 177,744
Quote:
beerchug.gif

K-on is awesome.
I can't wait until the blue rays of the movie come out. It aired back in December, and it should be released on blue ray next month.
biggrin.gif

Thumbs up. K-on is still the best slice of life I've ever watched. I just bought vol2.. and they changed Azu-nyan to AZU MEOW 
angry_face.gif

it just killed the moe.. I think I'll stick to buying raws and reading with a dictionary.

that was my expression

Quote:

antique!

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #14,978 of 177,744
HOLY CRAP. I just realized that the new/old Ghibli Kokurikozaka kara came out on bluray a few days ago and it is now on the internet. MUST...DOWNLOAD. [size=medium]
╚(​
[/size][size=medium]
ಠ​
[/size][size=medium]
⌂​
[/size][size=medium]
ಠ​
[/size][size=medium]
)╝​
[/size]

Also I learned that the American release is NOT being handled by Disney. Maybe there will actually be a decent dub for the first time in years.

Anyways, I really need to go to sleep...

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #14,979 of 177,744
Thumbs up. K-on is still the best slice of life I've ever watched. I just bought vol2.. and they changed Azu-nyan to AZU MEOW :angry_face:
it just killed the moe.. I think I'll stick to buying raws and reading with a dictionary.

!

At the time of watching Steins;Gate I didn't even know the words moe and knew nothing about Akihabara yet. How ignorant I was back then...

I should scratch up my Japanese grammar and kanji so I can start reading manga. My vocab is pretty good actually, but I know hardly any grammar and only ~200 kanji, so reading would be kinda difficult.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #14,982 of 177,744
Been out for a while, went to bank.

-Almost got late for the bus, they checked tickets today - forgot my monthly one because of hurry
-I had to go by feet for some while since the bus stop wasn't near the bank - it started raining heavily
-got there, done my things, since the bus wasn't coming for a while I decided to take a walk - I checked the plan for 14:00, not 13:00. After 2 minutes or so I found out the bus arrived, but I was already too far. I had to walk for about half an hour and yes, it started raining again...
-On top of that, batteries in my mp3 player ran out...

;_;

Luckily I have money in my account now and can buy phones now. :wink:
Also, parents are coming back home and for some reason they are bringing pizza for dinner. :3

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #14,983 of 177,744
Been out for a while, went to bank.

-Almost got late for the bus, they checked tickets today - forgot my monthly one because of hurry
-I had to go by feet for some while since the bus stop wasn't near the bank - it started raining heavily
-got there, done my things, since the bus wasn't coming for a while I decided to take a walk - I checked the plan for 14:00, not 13:00. After 2 minutes or so I found out the bus arrived, but I was already too far. I had to walk for about half an hour and yes, it started raining again...
-On top of that, batteries in my mp3 player ran out...

;_;

Luckily I have money in my account now and can buy phones now. :wink:
Also, parents are coming back home and for some reason they are bringing pizza for dinner. :3

We eat pizza about every two weeks. :D

You should always carry spare batteries with you, by the way. Running out of batteries should be illegal.
For my phone (which also serves a music player, since it has 80GB storage), I always carry 2 spare batteries with me. This way I never run out of batteries. Ever.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #14,984 of 177,744
Unluckily, mine doesn't have exchangeable batteries. Maybe I should buy one with microUSB plug so I can pre-charge it and connect it to the player when it's low on power. It would be a good thing when taking my PSP on vacation as well...

And no, I won't get a phone for listening to music - It annoys me that it stops playing when someone calls/sends a message. I'd rather ignore him than stop listening. 
ph34r.gif
And I prefer a simple player rather than Android massives that today's phones are...

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #14,985 of 177,744
Unluckily, mine doesn't have exchangeable batteries. Maybe I should buy one with microUSB jack so I can pre-charge it and connect it to the player when it's low on power. I would be a good thing when taking my PSP on vacation...

And no, I won't get a phone for listening to music - It annoys me that it stops playing when someone calls/sends a message. I'd rather ignore him than stop listening. :ph34r: And I prefer a simple player rather than Android massives that today's phones are...

I have the biggest Android phone on the market, and I couldn't be more satisfied with it. I don't get messages or calls very often, so that really isn't a problem.

We reached 1,000 pages, guys!

That calls for a celebration of some sort.

Now on to getting on top of the all time most active threads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back