「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #13,861 of 177,744
Quote:
I wonder, what are the taxes on alcohol like in Australia? In the Netherlands they are pretty high. Although still nothing like Norway and Sweden, there you should be ready to pay 5 euros for a can of beer, in the supermarket.
For comparison:
A liter of fairly cheap liquor (gin, whiskey, jenever, etc.) costs about 15-20 euros here.

These are questions for wise men with skinny arms. lol.

I only drink at parties/social gatherings so your probably better off asking a (seemingly) "recreational" drinker like Deadly. But for beer at least, premium labels might reach/go over 5 euros/6AUD but the cheapest locally brewed stuff is more like 2-3AUD per bottle/can.

Differs state to state but supermarkets generally don't sell alcohol in Australia. The big supermarkets do run their own branded liquor stores though. 

edit: Premixed liquor/alchopops are pretty heavily taxed here.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #13,862 of 177,744
These are questions for wise men with skinny arms. lol.

I only drink at parties/social gatherings so your probably better off asking a (seemingly) "recreational" drinker like Deadly. But for beer at least, premium labels might reach/go over 5 euros/6AUD but the cheapest locally brewed stuff is more like 2-3AUD per bottle/can.

Differs state to state but supermarkets generally don't sell alcohol in Australia. The big supermarkets do run their own branded liquor stores though. 

They don't sell booze in supermarkets? Lol.

It seems like beer is more expensive in Australia in that case. A 33cl bottle can be had for under a euro from a good brand, as far as I know. That's in the supermarket though. In cafes you typically pay 2 euros for 20cl.

Oh, hey. I passed 3k posts without me noticing it. Now I forgot what my 3k'd post was. :frowning2:

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #13,870 of 177,744
Havent finished the ending yet. I downloaded 1-11 and thought that 11 was the last episode haha. I mean the whole series, they were disliked in other communities so I thought it was that bad. I really liked it though. 

I thought the ending was good relative to the rest of the series.

Other than that, I didn't really like how perverted and cliche this show was. Moe is fine in my book, but it can be done wrong, as was the case here. Well, I gave it an overall 7/10, so it isn't that bad either.

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #13,871 of 177,744
Quote:
I thought the ending was good relative to the rest of the series.
Other than that, I didn't really like how perverted and cliche this show was. Moe is fine in my book, but it can be done wrong, as was the case here. Well, I gave it an overall 7/10, so it isn't that bad either.

Haha I forgot what the ending was so I'm rewatching the series along with 6 others simultaneously 
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #13,872 of 177,744
This is something rare:

I don't feel like watching anime. Some anime have become kind of duty to watch, really. I wanna drop 'em, but I can't.

I feel like listening to some folk music, so that's what I'll do.

- Tilpo out.

I only really have Iron & Wine, Jack Johnson and Nick Drake when it comes to folk music. Anyone got some good suggestions?

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #13,873 of 177,744
Quote:
Be patient......I had to wait for 2 days for mayo chiki to download.........if I remember correctly it was going up and down between 70 & 270kb/s, oh the long agonizing wait. But it was worth the wait!

I normally am, but it was a season premier episode and I had work in the am so I wanted to get it as fast as possible <_<

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #13,874 of 177,744
I'm not very sure what to say about Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 11.

I wasn't anywhere today. I just don't have the motivation to post, and I'm starting to put some work on myself, even though it's summer

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #13,875 of 177,744
I'm not very sure what to say about Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 11.

I wasn't anywhere today. I just don't have the motivation to post, and I'm starting to put some work on myself, even though it's summer

Doing something productive during natsuyasumi is very important, imo.

If you don't you may find yourself lost in a sea of time together with boredom. Additionally, going to bed with the feeling of "I actually did something productive today" is good.

Also about Nyaruko:
It's almost the end of the show... LET'S ADD MORE CHARACTERS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back