「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #13,441 of 177,745
Quote:
Utada is Utada and I'll always love her.

I don't have too many absolute artists like that :/

Watching Korra now :)

I think that it's nice but could get out of hand with all the new bendings. You can absolutely think of them and it will ruin the series if done wrong.

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #13,442 of 177,745
Quote:
What??/.... Don't worry. I've only done it to like 2 of them so I won't say anything. And the song I posted to Bdawk "Superstar" I translated in my head so..yeah

I took screenshots of the best parts a few months ago when we were on this song... I was absolutely stunned by her! Especially the first two!

Just saw the MV. It's so weird!!! It creeps me out a little too, just what the 'ell is going on...!! 
deadhorse.gif
 Trippy. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #13,443 of 177,745
Quote:
Just saw the MV. It's so weird!!! It creeps me out a little too, just what the 'ell is going on...!! 
deadhorse.gif
 Trippy. 

Welcome!

Yeah it was weird but Remember! She was basically a small time girl JUST out of high school back then at 19. The budget was small and other than that dress in a studio and a few people with outfits.

So it was all basically CG imagery and what not. Just imagine newbies just dropping in random CG and stuff in a nother fantasy world and stuff 

The lyrics also don't need to be read or anything. Basically she was a nobody .....but now she's ....everything!!

Yeah it is trippy. I was like...what was this? The first time I saw it.

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #13,444 of 177,745
Quote:
@Borisu kun
Wow really? I would say that despite HK being on average wealthier than the rest of the PRC, buying a Macbook would be like my school telling us that we need to all go on a $5,000 trip as a requirement!!! 0_0

lol... we have several $1k+ school trips as a requirement. (but I didn't go, my mom was really pissed at the school.)

Quote:
@Hai-by Chan
https://sites.google.com/site/khromtor/home

.....now that is something I wish I had... >_<

Uhhh.... Get a projector??

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #13,445 of 177,745
Quote:
lol... we have several $1k+ school trips as a requirement. (but I didn't go, my mom was really pissed at the school.)

Why didn't you go? Too expensive?

Where's the fun in a projector!!??

Zetsubo****a(I finally get it)... I'm in despair right now. I don't know what to do :frowning2: Watch another SZS or play Max Payne 3? I'm a bit tired and don't want to drink more sugar to keep myself up. I'll be seeing and going on a vacation tomorrow with people my age. All females. So I gotta get everything settled today. 2 are my cousin's. Other two are close family friends and my own friends...either way. Gotta get all my anime and gaming done......... ....tonight!!

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #13,446 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

Zetsubo****a(I finally get it)... I'm in despair right now. I don't know what to do :frowning2: Watch another SZS or play Max Payne 3? I'm a bit tired and don't want to drink more sugar to keep myself up. I'll be seeing and going on a vacation tomorrow with people my age. All females. So I gotta get everything settled today. 2 are my cousin's. Other two are close family friends and my own friends...either way. Gotta get all my anime and gaming done......... ....tonight!!

Yep, not worth it. 

um... ok, guess you're right.

OH MY GOD!! I SEE A HAREM END!!!
WITH INCEST+OSANANAJIMI!!!!!

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #13,448 of 177,745
Quote:
Yep, not worth it. 

You have a wild imagination Borisu Kun!! Friends and my family. Cool it. Only difference is they are females and I can't just leave and be a man. Got to conform to their standards........

I've always wondered Borisu.....what anime are your favorite. I noticed that I haven't recommended a whole lot to you.!!??? I really want people to see some anime I think are good like Code Geass or Macross Frontier or Break Blade!

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #13,449 of 177,745
Quote:
@Bdawk

Hahahahaha Hai-by!!! LOL!!!! You have good advice, but granted...most in the end get the audio bug and want more

@Haiburdio chan
The chance of you getting the audio bug is high, my own advice is to go big...so you won't have to spend another $500 after you bought that initial setup to get to another level tier.

Hey, don't judge. I might not too.
Quote:

That's great then. I think based on this you should get one full sized headphone and one IEM. The IEM should probably be the one that is more useful for pop music since most people don't like to listen to classical and heavily analyze it while on the go lol. The home one should be more suited for doing your work with music notation and listening to your pieces or whatever you may be doing.

It would work for portable too.
Quote:

Like I said, some people just feel it unnecessary and I don't mind that at all. The only thing I can undeniably say is there is much less room for regret for what I go after. Some people will feel very little desire to move beyond low-midfi stuff like Imperial(I think it was him...) who cared not to move up beyond that. Others will move up rather quickly and so on, but it's just much less room to be unsatisfied with your purchase. That and me personally, I wanted to be able to get all the nuances of the price range while remaining less biased from hearing high end stuff. I personally know I'd have to constantly watch myself and dissociate from the urge to dismiss all low end equipment. But now I don't think I'd ever be able not to appreciate a porta pro or a PX100 for what they are because I've spent time in that range. My audio journey is one that I feel encompasses the full spectrum a lot more albeit slower of a climb.

That and you don't have to necessarily climb like I do either. You can start low and jump much higher and I'd still be fine with that. I just don't think one should go there without training their ear a bit first, just my personal belief. I especially...wholeheartedly believe this is true for DACs and amps. I am still of little hands on knowledge on them. Have a tough time telling them apart too...mostly because I don't have very revealing headphones and need others to test out synergy and the like. Like I know the D1 so far has just not been a good match with certain headphones. The T1, D7000, and K701 come to mind so far.

But back to my main point, I feel especially in hybrid's case where he has other things to buy, he should lower his audio budget and grow more before he jumps anywhere else. A bang for your buck hybrid amp and some lowfi/entry level cans will satisfy him I'd think.

Or at least get something I can compare with to get a good idea on what things sound like or just go to the headphone store opening in NY.
Quote:
WEll it's up to Hai-by  chan (lol)

if he wants to take the slow and simple path or the full out path. But it will be easy to choose ......because I'll get him to go down to the new opening headphone shop and test it out himself!

And I'll see if I can meet you at the next meet Bdawk senpai!! :)

Eh...it looks weird. It's like a combination of Japanese for "yes" and by. Weird...
Quote:

Yup. Theoretically this would be so awesome. The fly thing was not that convincing, but I think the people talking around the table at the end worked quite well. I was listening through my speaker setup. Sansui G-5700 -> Polk Monitor 40. Personally, I'm waiting for the day that someone invents smell-o-vision. That would would truly be an amazing experience, especially with a Makoto Shinkai movie! I remember thinking that while I was watching them, haha.

Also, to add to the Haiby advice train. I'm not the most experienced person ever, but it has been my personal experience that the difference between electronics is really small (if anything) compared to the difference between headphones. If it were me, rather than doing something like splitting my budget in half, I would would get the cheapest but decent DAC/amp possible, and then spend as much as possible on headphones. Just my 2 cents.

Some more help wouldn't hurt.
Quote:
lol I dunno when that will be, especially if you aren't willing to travel outside of New York
confused_face.gif

And yep, it's up to hybrid. Do your research, that's all we can really ask.

Will do.
Quote:
Well it depends on Hai by chan first. I am content with my SoundMagics. They don't need to be anything special and CAN'T be expensive. I'm to...just go and always on the move that my earbuds would get damaged!!!! >_< Hasnt happened yet but that's just me.

It's mainly subjective.
Quote:
@Hai-by Chan
https://sites.google.com/site/khromtor/home

.....now that is something I wish I had... >_<

It's nice but I prefer some of Vega's Heavyweight Setups over in the Monitor section of OCN.
Quote:

This. No fun in a projector.
Quote:
Yep, not worth it. 

Haha! Can I have pictures again bowei? (damn, I sound like a perv as much as I'm not)

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #13,450 of 177,745
Quote:

You have a wild imagination Borisu Kun!! Friends and my family. Cool it. Only difference is they are females and I can't just leave and be a man. Got to conform to their standards........

I've always wondered Borisu.....what anime are your favorite. I noticed that I haven't recommended a whole lot to you.!!??? I really want people to see some anime I think are good like Code Geass or Macross Frontier or Break Blade!

Haha, that's what happens when you play too many VNs.

LOL... you actually qualify as a MC! 
Tonns of girls around you √
Doesn't go after any of them √

Whos knows you'll probably accentually trigger some flags on the trip
and before you know it, You'll be in a event scene with a few of them.
and then one night -> H-scene 
biggrin.gif

NOW YOU JUST NEED A PLAYBOY FRIEND HELP YOU TRIGGER THOES FLAGGS!!!

That's because I don't really have a favorite anime.
I may check out phantom and break blade later.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #13,451 of 177,745
Quote:

biggrin.gif

That's because I don't really have a favorite anime.
I may check out phantom and break blade later.

What's a MC?
Tons? No. They are just friends I see often and that's only two of them

No flags will ever be triggered. I'm Mr.Safe.

I wish I had normal female friends and a huge male Bravado. Most of my friends in the popular group have done it already.

So..wanna be my best man!?? haha

Well I want to recommend an anime based off what you like!!!
Quote:
Hey, don't judge. I might not too.
It would work for portable too.
Or at least get something I can compare with to get a good idea on what things sound like or just go to the headphone store opening in NY.
Eh...it looks weird. It's like a combination of Japanese for "yes" and by. Weird...
Some more help wouldn't hurt.
Will do.
It's mainly subjective.
It's nice but I prefer some of Vega's Heavyweight Setups over in the Monitor section of OCN.
This. No fun in a projector.
Haha! Can I have pictures again bowei? (damn, I sound like a perv as much as I'm not)

No pics pervo!!!! hahah :)

Anyway, NY store!

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #13,452 of 177,745
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Oh my gods. Hahahaha.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #13,454 of 177,745
Quote:
What's a MC?
Tons? No. They are just friends I see often and that's only two of them

No flags will ever be triggered. I'm Mr.Safe.

I wish I had normal female friends and a huge male Bravado. Most of my friends in the popular group have done it already.

So..wanna be my best man!?? haha

Well I want to recommend an anime based off what you like!!!

MC -> Main character.

yeah.. tones, relatively speaking...... 6 > 0 

Mr. safe huh? LIKE ALL MC's!!

How are they abnormal??

Too bad I don't have that energetic playboy personality~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back