Mouretsu Pirates

At the same time I'm watching:
Nikita
The Big Bang Theory
The Vampire Diaries
Top Gear
The Walking Dead
How I Met Your Mother

ME3 what an awesome game :3 imported my modified ME2 save and so i start at level 99 XD My life is also getting pwned through school hw due to my long list of extracurricular activities :C I don't even know how i manage to stay on top of all these different series....

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #2,237 of 177,744
ok...just so i know.

who is currently activley watching these?:
Aquarion Evol
Papa No Iku
Guilty Crown
Amagami+
High School DXD
Symphonogear
Rinne no largange
InuXBoku SS

I am watching the one in bold +

Mirai Nikki
BRS
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Another

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #2,238 of 177,744
Hmm for shows that are currently airing, I'm watching:
Amagami SS+ Plus
Another
Bakuman 2
Beelzebub
Black Rock Shooter
Bleach
Chihayafuru
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Gintama'
Guilty Crown
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Inu x Boku SS
Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Nisemonogatari
Persona 4 the Animation
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
Shakugan no Shana III
Toriko

For series with episodes coming out every few months:
Hellsing Ultimate
Katte ni Kaizou
Magic Kaito
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

And series that have ended, but am currently following:
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
The iDOLM@STER
Turn A Gundam

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #2,239 of 177,744
lol since everyone is listing their currently watching anime, guess ill do the same,
here goes: (in A-Z order)
Amagami SS+ Plus
Another
Aquarion Evol
Black★Rock Shooter (just found out I can type the ★ by hiragana inputting "hoshi")
Bleach (Finally ends)
Brave 10
Fairy Tail
Guilty Crown
Highschool DxD
Inu x Boku SS
Kill Me Baby
Mirai Nikki
Mouretsu Pirates
Nisemonogatari
Papa no Iukoto Kikinasai!
ϕ Brain: Kami no Puzzle
Recorder to Randoseru (3 min eps)
Rinne no Lagrange
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Shakugan no Shana III (Final)
Zero no Tsukaima F

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #2,242 of 177,744

Quote:

WHERE DID YOU GET IT????????

gendou.com. You need to register though (I did this years ago).

Too bad as I think the full ED is mastered a bit improperly. The vocals are a bit recessed compared to my liking. 
triportsad.gif
 Haven't EQ'd is yet, though I don't think it's worth it for just one song.

Also Symphogear's full songs are kind off awesome too. Not multi-eargasmic, but more like a teaser. Nichibros full OP is awesome. Nise's full ED is kind of okay, but since in my playlist it comes after mouretsu's OP and ED, they sound not so great to me.
ph34r.gif
 TOO BAD. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: Man, the full OP for Another is truly out of this world IMO. I thought I can't enjoy it once it'll come out, but here I am, toetapping away.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2,243 of 177,744

At the beginning if the season, I decided to watch Mouretsu pirates just because i saw Momoiro Clover doing the OP/ED and now I'm watching it just for the OP/ED, for me the anime itself its kinda meh..

I became a momoiro clover fan after hearing the dragon crisis ED, really like the music style.  
Quote:
Man, the full OP for Another is truly out of this world IMO. I thought I can't enjoy it once it'll come out, but here I am, toetapping away.

Ha ha, its that distinctive ALI PROJECT music style isn't it, I'm a ALI PROJECT fan too. :)

EDIT: "Momoiro Clover" is now called "Momoiro Clover Z"

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #2,244 of 177,744

Quote:

At the beginning if the season, I decided to watch Mouretsu pirates just because i saw Momoiro Clover doing the OP/ED and now I'm watching it just for the OP/ED, for me the anime itself its kinda meh..

I became a momoiro clover fan after hearing the dragon crisis ED, really like the music style.  
Quote:
Man, the full OP for Another is truly out of this world IMO. I thought I can't enjoy it once it'll come out, but here I am, toetapping away.

Ha ha, its that distinctive ALI PROJECT music style isn't it, I'm a ALI PROJECT fan too. :)

EDIT: "Momoiro Clover" is now called "Momoiro Clover Z"

Is it quite telling that I watch too much anime that I know momoiro is pink... Credit goes to SZS for teaching me through momoiro kakarichou. orz

I watch mouretsu just because it's in space, and it slightly interest me in no particular way. Then I liked it a lot, in part because of the OP and ED (loveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveOVER9000) and maybe the main character's voice. And space. I expected lots of fan service too, which to my liking, there are almost none.

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2,245 of 177,744

Quote:
Is it quite telling that I watch too much anime that I know momoiro is pink... Credit goes to SZS for teaching me through momoiro kakarichou. orz

LOL, i learned it the same way. Well the momo=pink/peach part at least. i knew iro=color long ago. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #2,246 of 177,744
Hmm recessed? What amp do you have or use Jgray? With some you can fine tune it a bit (my E17) but i do get what you mean by mastering..for example "Trust You" By Ito Yuna after a bit has this little buzzing in the back during these awesome parts. it's in there "on purpose" as i think the producer think it would have been a good addition...it's not. >_<

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #2,247 of 177,744
Just get it from gendou.com and you'll see.

Quote:
Hmm recessed? What amp do you have or use Jgray? With some you can fine tune it a bit (my E17) but i do get what you mean by mastering..for example "Trust You" By Ito Yuna after a bit has this little buzzing in the back during these awesome parts. it's in there "on purpose" as i think the producer think it would have been a good addition...it's not. >_<

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,248 of 177,744
@Tomoyo : love the avatar. :)

@bio: ほし (hoshi) doesn't work for me. I'm using the Microsoft IME board layout. Reminds me, I can't find the JIS layout for my keyboard (Filco Majestouch Black Tenkeyless with MX blues).

Anybody want me to add a Japanese merchandise site list? I'm itching to put cdjapan.co.jp somewhere.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,249 of 177,744

Quote:
@Tomoyo : love the avatar. :)

@bio: ほし (hoshi) doesn't work for me. I'm using the Microsoft IME board layout. Reminds me, I can't find the JIS layout for my keyboard (Filco Majestouch Black Tenkeyless with MX blues).

Anybody want me to add a Japanese merchandise site list? I'm itching to put cdjapan.co.jp somewhere.

Also, adding Gendou. Thanks jgray.

why not add jbox and jlist to the site list as well :)

Tomoyo :) Angel Beats last episode was sooo sad. Leave it to KEY to make a person like me tear up.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #2,250 of 177,744
I've just finished watching all episodes of Genesis of Aquarion, the prequel of Aquarion EVOL (not yet watched), and I'm completely floored by the quality of the Mecha design, CG, soundtrack and animation. Absolutely top notch.
I also like the elements of the plot, very well thought out, symbolic and I can sense that a lot of research has been done. But what I think was a let down is the inconsistency of each episodes and that it's quite slow going. The story is very good but the structure doesn't hold to itself. Too many filler episodes and a lot of disconnectivity with an episode to the other. It feels like I am being given bite size sandwiches rather than one big sandwich to eat.
So in summary, for a 2005 anime, the animations are excellent and one of the best I've seen but the story doesn't hold to itself and becomes somewhat confused and doesn't create a unique identity not like No.6, Blassreiter, Eden of the East, Bounen no Xam'd.

Talking about Blassreiter. God that anime was beautiful but yet absolutely sad and depressing at the same time. I absolutely love that anime. Not for everybody though because of its very dark theme. IIRC, I don't think there was a single funny episode in Blassreiter but if you can look past those things I absolutely recommend it.

Oh yeah, I'm picky about anime and I like watching those obscure ones that nobody has ever heard of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back