「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 11, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #177,631 of 177,744
Remember when MAL was bought out for the 3rd or 4th time a few years ago and it was offline for around 2-3 months? I was glad I had downloaded a backup of my list, maybe its time to do that again lol.

May 11, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #177,632 of 177,744
Remember when MAL was bought out for the 3rd or 4th time a few years ago and it was offline for around 2-3 months? I was glad I had downloaded a backup of my list, maybe its time to do that again lol.
No, actually…but I should’ve remembered something that significant!

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #177,635 of 177,744
It was the 4th of June, my dudes. (missed posting it on the day, dang)

F1j3Kh6.jpg

Dropped the Kono Suba spinoff at episode 6, its just not very funny or interesting :-/
Knowing me I'm probably gonna watch it anyway, but not before a rewatch of the main series

Jun 8, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #177,636 of 177,744
Knowing me I'm probably gonna watch it anyway, but not before a rewatch of the main series

Wow that's some dedication you got movies and multiple seasons and everything to contend with.

In case it helps as an FYI, this Ekkkksplosive spin-off is a prequel and requires no prior knowledge of the other entries in the series.

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #177,637 of 177,744
Help, I’m looking for a manga’s name. There is like a roof/wall in the sky I think, and they fight ocasional invaders(I think they were humanoid types but I’m not even sure) that cross over by making temporary holes in the wall/barrier in the sky. The good guys want to bring the fight to the other side but making a hole is hard and they’re scared that the wall might be all that’s protecting them from a massive invasion protecting them, so making a hole on purpose might be their doom. Something like that I think, but I might be mixing up the stories.
As you can see my memory is super detailed, so google gives me useless answers like World trigger, Bleach, or the big guys in the big walls. It’s not nearly as popular as those stories.
Tasukete!

Jun 11, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #177,638 of 177,744
Help, I’m looking for a manga’s name. There is like a roof/wall in the sky I think, and they fight ocasional invaders(I think they were humanoid types but I’m not even sure) that cross over by making temporary holes in the wall/barrier in the sky. The good guys want to bring the fight to the other side but making a hole is hard and they’re scared that the wall might be all that’s protecting them from a massive invasion protecting them, so making a hole on purpose might be their doom. Something like that I think, but I might be mixing up the stories.
As you can see my memory is super detailed, so google gives me useless answers like World trigger, Bleach, or the big guys in the big walls. It’s not nearly as popular as those stories.
Tasukete!

How old would you say this was? Any kind of range of years would help nail it down at least a little.

Jun 12, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #177,639 of 177,744
How old would you say this was? Any kind of range of years would help nail it down at least a little.
I'm the type of guy that can think "10 years ago" about something from the 90s. At the very least, it's more than 5 years old.
Look, for all I know it sucked bad, and I have so little memory of it because I dropped it after 10 pages. Right now, I'm more frustrated about not finding an answer I know, than I am about finding that manga again. Initially, I was reading about Kaiju n°8 getting an anime, and that other story vaguely popped up in my head.

Jun 12, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #177,640 of 177,744
@Jashin-chan Dropkick' ep03: wow pretty decent hand

I think the last time I saw Mahjong in anime was in Nyaruko-san W:
And enter Pon no Michi:

Jun 12, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #177,641 of 177,744
Tasukete!

Off the top of my head I got Fractale and Patema Inverted. But they're not too close to what you described. I'll 'ave a think on it.

Jun 19, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #177,643 of 177,744
Off the top of my head I got Fractale and Patema Inverted. But they're not too close to what you described. I'll 'ave a think on it.
Nope.

I started the Tengoku Daimakyou anime, it's a perfect copy past of the manga so far. If it's all like that, the only danger is it being a little slow to stretch the material on video.
And I saw they made the anime of the guy isekaied with his smartphone... It was a super crappy manga(some stuff have big flaws, that one has all of them), I don't even understand how it got an anime. You can't turn a donkey into a race horse. I can, already, imagine the genius old guy in charge who did not look at one page of the manga:
"kids love smartphones and isekai stories. Both are in the title! Plus, you tell me it has some harem vibe. This is a winner, here's 5000yen to make the anime!"

Jun 22, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #177,644 of 177,744
I'm guessing it's not Land of the Lustrous but your synopsis is crazy close to the plot of that one too.
I started the Tengoku Daimakyou anime, it's a perfect copy past of the manga so far. If it's all like that, the only danger is it being a little slow to stretch the material on video.
And I saw they made the anime of the guy isekaied with his smartphone... It was a super crappy manga(some stuff have big flaws, that one has all of them), I don't even understand how it got an anime. You can't turn a donkey into a race horse. I can, already, imagine the genius old guy in charge who did not look at one page of the manga:
"kids love smartphones and isekai stories. Both are in the title! Plus, you tell me it has some harem vibe. This is a winner, here's 5000yen to make the anime!"

Isekai Smart Phone got a SECOND SEASON. The first season was really crappy with poor animation on top of being based on something with poor writing. Everyone wondering where S2 came from, probably money laundering.

Jun 22, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #177,645 of 177,744
I'm guessing it's not Land of the Lustrous but your synopsis is crazy close to the plot of that one too.
Nah, I wouldn't struggle if it was the rock girls.
220px-Hank_Schrader_S5B.png

I think it was a literal roof, something covering the sky. I'm just not clear if it was local or everywhere, or if they were in fact underground in some way. At first I randomly looked at lists of sci fi manga, but beside taking one hell of a trip down memory lane, "we ain't found ***".
1687456317294.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back