「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 25, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #177,586 of 177,744
DnaMachi S4 Part 2 ep03: ok I think that's quite enough despair

Yeah this part of the arc has gone on a little long. I miss the days of S1 where the main fights took 1, maaaaybe 2 episodes.

80,000 gold retirement ep03: dang, fake feels then real feels, ooft

This show has some weird tonal shifts. I'm only still watching because I can't see where this is all going and i'm a little curious.

Tondemo Skill ep03: Fenrir is quite OP, Mukouda's gonna make bank

Poor dude spends several hours a day cooking for his dog. The last meal they did where it was all konbini food seems like a good solution lol.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #177,587 of 177,744
Can't help you there my family just dragged me around the place ahah. (doesn't help that I get instantly sick whenever I travel)

I usually go to just see relatives so I'm not familiar with the tourist destinations. I only remember Angkor Wat, some mountain(Bokor?) and coastal area(Kampot).

They have a few massive shopping centres now (Aeon) if you ever need random emergency electronics while you travel. It'd be one of the only places you'll be able to find clothes that fit if you need any, as their "XL" is more like a normal western small or medium. If you're staying for a longer period of time say a week or two, you should be able to find a tailor to make a made-to-measure suit if you don't have one yet or want a decent beater. (other south East Asian countries might be better for this if you're going elsewhere)
Lol fair enough! Yeah I was paranoid about going because I remember you getting sick all the time but my friend told me to go to Chinese restaurants that were mob owned XD

Yeah I heard about Angkor Wat, I think that's all where I was planning to go to. Good call on Aeon too lol. I went to Thailand last year and there were lots of people trying to sell me tailored clothes but I have zero reason to need fancy dress clothes right now hah
Dunno, but I hear you can get lobster dinner for like a dollar there

Lmao, I'll see how much lobster I can get for $1, but not eat it. I have some paranoia around cheap seafood after previous food poisoning XD

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #177,588 of 177,744
Yeah this part of the arc has gone on a little long. I miss the days of S1 where the main fights took 1, maaaaybe 2 episodes.
In its defense though the fight scenes were adequately cinematic.
This show has some weird tonal shifts. I'm only still watching because I can't see where this is all going and i'm a little curious.
My Little Sociopath Can't Be This Shrewd
Poor dude spends several hours a day cooking for his dog. The last meal they did where it was all konbini food seems like a good solution lol.
Unlike Mitsuha, at least Mukouda can (somewhat) reveal his sources

Lol fair enough! Yeah I was paranoid about going because I remember you getting sick all the time but my friend told me to go to Chinese restaurants that were mob owned XD

Yeah I heard about Angkor Wat, I think that's all where I was planning to go to. Good call on Aeon too lol. I went to Thailand last year and there were lots of people trying to sell me tailored clothes but I have zero reason to need fancy dress clothes right now hah

Lmao, I'll see how much lobster I can get for $1, but not eat it. I have some paranoia around cheap seafood after previous food poisoning XD
Remember Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi? More specifically, episode 9 part 2 (timestamp 7:33)

Jan 28, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #177,589 of 177,744
So my weeb CIEM collection is finally complete.

Craft 4 and Craft 6:
my newest ciems.png

Hidition Viento-D:

IMG_6708.JPG

Hidition Viento-B:

viento-b-Screenshot 2023-01-28 002323.png

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #177,590 of 177,744
Hmm

Hmmm

@Bofuri ep03: the switch to 3D animation was a bit jarring to say the least, for the dialogue scenes anyway
@tenten kakumei ep04: It’s Mrs steal yo girl...and steal yo loot
@Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko ep04:

@RouKin ep04: everybody gangsta until Mitsuha brings out the fish. I do like how the stuff we take for granted are being pointed out in an Isekai setting
@In/Spectre S2 ep04: When Masayuki’s phone rang I thought it was my phone that rang. They must’ve actually sampled the audio from the iPhone 11’s Taptic Engine.
@Benriya Saitou-san ep04: plot and people, it's all coming together, or maybe not, if Morlock can help it
@Eiyuuou ep04: Chris_IRL

nk9xiqly7clx.jpg

Feb 1, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #177,591 of 177,744
@Bofuri ep03: the switch to 3D animation was a bit jarring to say the least, for the dialogue scenes anyway

Inflation do be takin away our animation budget. =P
Well...maybe AI art will be our saviour?

This is VIVY's singing voice, I liked how they used doujin/indie singers for the insert songs instead of "professional" artists or the voice actors. Maybe because thematically AI shouldn't be able to sing as well as human.

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #177,592 of 177,744
Inflation do be takin away our animation budget. =P
China's zero COVID policy do be taking away our NieR, Isekai Ojisan and Kubo-san Won't Let Me Be Invisible

dee.gif

TenTen Kakumei ep05:
davie504-epic.gif

This is VIVY's singing voice, I liked how they used doujin/indie singers for the insert songs instead of "professional" artists or the voice actors. Maybe because thematically AI shouldn't be able to sing as well as human.
Pleasantly surprised to discover that the artist of TenTen Kakumei's OP is an Utaite singer, and with some Touhou in her repertoire to boot.
English version:

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #177,593 of 177,744
Feb 9, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #177,594 of 177,744
The reincarnation mangas are getting out of hand. I was raised in a family that respected how Japanese crosswalks and truck kun would send you to be some OP MC in a cool magical world. But at some point people stopped getting cool stuff after dying. They became a spaceship, a public bath, a sword, a vending machine. Why????? And now some dude's a fish, another is a mushroom, and the third one's a tree:scream_cat:. The struggle is real. Did inflation also strike the reincarnation market or something?Are they out of imaginary parallel universes?

On the + side, The Breaker and Solo Leveling have new stories. I'm going to cheat on Japan more and more if this continue(except with Kpop, that I cannot can, I don't even, do not the cat!).

Feb 10, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #177,595 of 177,744
The reincarnation mangas are getting out of hand. I was raised in a family that respected how Japanese crosswalks and truck kun would send you to be some OP MC in a cool magical world. But at some point people stopped getting cool stuff after dying. They became a spaceship, a public bath, a sword, a vending machine. Why????? And now some dude's a fish, another is a mushroom, and the third one's a tree:scream_cat:. The struggle is real. Did inflation also strike the reincarnation market or something?Are they out of imaginary parallel universes?

On the + side, The Breaker and Solo Leveling have new stories. I'm going to cheat on Japan more and more if this continue(except with Kpop, that I cannot can, I don't even, do not the cat!).
To be fair, Reincarnated as a Sword was a cute/fun series. IMO it really should be called: The Adventures of Sword-Dad and Hobololineko/doroboneko.

Feb 10, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #177,596 of 177,744
To be fair, Reincarnated as a Sword was a cute/fun series. IMO it really should be called: The Adventures of Sword-Dad and Hobololineko/doroboneko.
But it sucks to be a sword. Imagine you get an actual cat girl with you, but you're a sword! A SWARDDDD! This is what hell is made of.

Feb 10, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #177,597 of 177,744
Feb 11, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #177,598 of 177,744

Sike you thought

Don't forget "Murder"; Murderhobololineko

@Benriya Saitou-san ep05: things are getting serious
@In/Spectre S2 ep05: I gotta say, the pacing is much better than last season
@Eiyuuou ep05: Chris and co IRL:
fad.jpg

@TonSkill ep05: Watch out Rimuru, there's another slime in town. Ninrir kinda like wind Aqua but with sweets instead of alcohol
@Bofuri S2 ep05: Eating her troubles away, sasuga Maple
@tenten Kakumei ep06: Algard worst boy. Anis totally intent on expanding her harem
@OniMai ep06: aww it's a shame the MMORPG chapter wasn't adapted. Would've really worked in anime format.
@DanMachi S4 Part 2 ep06: Things are finally starting to look up for the crew. Sound design on point for this season

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #177,599 of 177,744
Vinland Saga Season 2 EP 1-5:
Can't say I'm impressed so far. At some points of the show I thought I was watching Baki. The camera just zooms onto the character's teeth. The small eyes and wrinkly facial features in some shots made me think: Baki. Then the main character doesn't talk a lot and seems defeated. There isn't a lot of quality action at least not yet. Though, at the first episode, I was confused (in a good way) about the direction of the show. So far, it feels like it is leading into something more grand.

Feb 21, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #177,600 of 177,744
Vinland Saga Season 2 EP 1-5:
Can't say I'm impressed so far. At some points of the show I thought I was watching Baki. The camera just zooms onto the character's teeth. The small eyes and wrinkly facial features in some shots made me think: Baki. Then the main character doesn't talk a lot and seems defeated. There isn't a lot of quality action at least not yet. Though, at the first episode, I was confused (in a good way) about the direction of the show. So far, it feels like it is leading into something more grand.
When I read the manga years back, the farming arc was so long that I ended up putting the series on hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back