「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 22, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #177,376 of 177,745
iOS 15 is out. Liking the new Safari design so far, with its bottom address bar and gesture navigation. Switching tabs has never been more fun!

@ToniKawa ep08: wow I’m already up to episode 8!

Edit: forgot to leave this here:

It's happening, third OVA

Finished Season 2, no more chorogon wednesdays

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #177,377 of 177,745
Battle Cats officially canon

binged Hinamatsuri in one sitting. Feels, laughs and everything in between. Basically Terminator but with less Arnold Schwarzenegger

Re:Creators ep09: loving it so far. Basically Last Action Hero but with less Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #177,378 of 177,745
@ToniKawa ep08: wow I’m already up to episode 8!
Tonikawa is fantastic, it's entertaining as well as therapeutic at the same time.

Another one in that space is Uramichi Oniisan. I just finished the season and damn it's fantastic. Definitely underrated and deserves more love and praise than it gets.

Oct 3, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #177,379 of 177,745
Tonikawa is fantastic, it's entertaining as well as therapeutic at the same time.

Another one in that space is Uramichi Oniisan. I just finished the season and damn it's fantastic. Definitely underrated and deserves more love and praise than it gets.
It’s possible that ToniKawa exists in the same universe as Hayate no Gotoku, so I’ll consider them as spin-offs of each other

Oct 6, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #177,380 of 177,745
Ok time to rank the Summer 2021 anime that I completed! The sequels were all pretty good which is nice, sometimes they fall really flat and Slime almost did because there was a lot of padding (couldn't they inject a side-story or something in the middle episodes?) but it mostly pulled off a good season. Was so happy to have Kyoani back for a seasonal anime. Even before the tragedy they were heavily focusing on movies, I wonder what their next tv project will be (I think a second season of the archery anime is incoming?).

Sonny Boy was a real stand out, easily AotY material. It's rare we get something that introspective as an original with a creator with free reign.

1) Sonny Boy
2) Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S
3) Kageki Shoujo!!
4) Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 2nd Season
5) Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X
6) Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid
7) Bokutachi no Remake
8) Re-Main
9) Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2
10) 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season
11) Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki
12) Uramichi Oniisan
13) Seirei Gensouki
14) Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
15) Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei
16) Vanitas no Karte
17) Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun
18) Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru
19) Peach Boy Riverside
20) Deatte 5-byou de Battle

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #177,381 of 177,745
I checked Takt Op. Destiny, because I had no clue what it was, for a change. I like the atmosphere that's both dramatic and weirdly easy going at the same time. But I fear that it will remain fairly empty with nothing beyond music-fight-eat-rinse-repeat. Time will tell.
The music in the ending fight was unmistakably from the guy who handled Karas, Rage of Bahamut and a bunch of others that tend to have very similar parts with small variations(also how I describe Malher).

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #177,382 of 177,745
@Re:Creators END: how I wish the fictional franchises were real

Hollow Ataraxia when

Oh dang

Bring on the Bakarina!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #177,383 of 177,745
After enjoying the studio ghibli films and films like weather with you and your name, I’ve bought a subscription to Crunchyroll. What would be great series’s for me to start off with?

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #177,384 of 177,745
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #177,386 of 177,745
The new Macs look real nice, too bad I don't have a use for them.... (or maybe I'm lucky because I can work on a potato pc)

Nostalgia.

Same and same.

Edit: the English dub version took me by pleasant surprise, usually they just leave the Japanese audio in place.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #177,388 of 177,745
Need to drop some shows this season but the ones I was planning to drop keep being juuuust interesting enough that I don't feel like it :tired_face:
I keep picking up shows. Just caught up on Komi-san, so far it's good

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #177,389 of 177,745
Need to drop some shows this season but the ones I was planning to drop keep being juuuust interesting enough that I don't feel like it :tired_face:
This season I'm a lot behind the schedule but Ousama Ranking is the pick of the lot for me. I'm sailing in the same boat as you. Want to drop shows but somehow they just reel me in

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #177,390 of 177,745
This season I'm a lot behind the schedule but Ousama Ranking is the pick of the lot for me. I'm sailing in the same boat as you. Want to drop shows but somehow they just reel me in

Ousama ranking is really good for sure. I decided to drop Platinum End and Muv Luv so far. Platinum End is just too nihilistic as expected of the Death Note creator, and Muv Luv has just plain been boring. I've liked the past Muv Luv projects enough that I'd like to stick to it but the plot beats so far are so by the book and I needed to make space so 🪓

Users who are viewing this thread

Back