「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 14, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #177,301 of 177,745
I don't know if I just have trash taste but I'm enjoying Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu a lot every week.

The dragon waifu is just cute as hell.

best dragon waifu_0A2Vsqp.jpg

Jul 14, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #177,302 of 177,745
Goddess, dragon and spider girl are nothing special. You know you're in demon territory when there is miss piggy in it.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #177,303 of 177,745
Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #177,304 of 177,745
Goddess, dragon and spider girl are nothing special. You know you're in demon territory when there is miss piggy in it.
If there are gods then demons with monster army are must have. 🤣🤣🤣

My this season's must watch is Uramichi Onii-san. It is such a refreshing break from plethora of isekai and fantasy stuff that gets peddled every season. Some honest slice of life stuff about adulting. So far that's the one I've liked apart from the returning stuff.

One more new one I'm excited about is Sonny Boy, looks very promising.

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #177,305 of 177,745
If there are gods then demons with monster army are must have. 🤣🤣🤣

My this season's must watch is Uramichi Onii-san. It is such a refreshing break from plethora of isekai and fantasy stuff that gets peddled every season. Some honest slice of life stuff about adulting. So far that's the one I've liked apart from the returning stuff.

One more new one I'm excited about is Sonny Boy, looks very promising.
1626412807263.png

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #177,306 of 177,745
Honeymoon period with this M1 Mac Mini is over. XD

It has crashed twice this past week, and upon a A/B comparison, it's not really any faster than my old 3770k/1070 rig for general browsing. I should have known better than to trust the clickbait Youtuber reviews. =P

But I will give it to Apple, the efficiency is no joke, I was just expecting more of a noticeable day to day performance improvement due to it benchmarking at like twice the single core speed.

They need a couple of years to sort out the driver issues, but for a first generation product it's quite impressive. It doesn't help that I refuse to update from 11.2.3 because they disabled iOS app sideloading. I'll think about updating when they roll out the next version with universal control so I can control an iPad with the mouse, negating the need for sideloading.

SSD writes are at the 1.2TB mark, this isn't looking great ahhaah. (should be good for at least 600+TB though on the 256GB capacity)

It's kind of sad that I have nothing else to look forward to in the computing world. I live my live in a browser and with crappy unoptimised Electron based trading software.

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #177,307 of 177,745
Honeymoon period with this M1 Mac Mini is over. XD

It has crashed twice this past week, and upon a A/B comparison, it's not really any faster than my old 3770k/1070 rig for general browsing. I should have known better than to trust the clickbait Youtuber reviews. =P

But I will give it to Apple, the efficiency is no joke, I was just expecting more of a noticeable day to day performance improvement due to it benchmarking at like twice the single core speed.

They need a couple of years to sort out the driver issues, but for a first generation product it's quite impressive. It doesn't help that I refuse to update from 11.2.3 because they disabled iOS app sideloading. I'll think about updating when they roll out the next version with universal control so I can control an iPad with the mouse, negating the need for sideloading.

SSD writes are at the 1.2TB mark, this isn't looking great ahhaah. (should be good for at least 600+TB though on the 256GB capacity)

It's kind of sad that I have nothing else to look forward to in the computing world. I live my live in a browser and with crappy unoptimised Electron based trading software.

Just like Tesla, there's quite an unfortunate cult around Apple products and whenever they make something new and good (I'm sure the new stuff is good!), there is A LOT of misinformation put out that is extremely Kool Aid heavy. I've seen a number of benchmarks on the M1 processor and its definitely efficient but those 2x single core results? You think in this day and age someone can just double core performance and have that show across all workloads and not just a few cherry picked ones? Not happening until they move to graphene or photonics or whatever comes after silicon.

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #177,308 of 177,745
Just like Tesla, there's quite an unfortunate cult around Apple products and whenever they make something new and good (I'm sure the new stuff is good!), there is A LOT of misinformation put out that is extremely Kool Aid heavy. I've seen a number of benchmarks on the M1 processor and its definitely efficient but those 2x single core results? You think in this day and age someone can just double core performance and have that show across all workloads and not just a few cherry picked ones? Not happening until they move to graphene or photonics or whatever comes after silicon.
As an Apple cult follower, I’d say Tesla’s cult followers are much, much worse.

Wow it’s getting an adaptation!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #177,309 of 177,745
As an Apple cult follower, I’d say Tesla’s cult followers are much, much worse.

Wow it’s getting an adaptation!

:)
Been looking forward to that adaptation, looks solid with great art. God bless those animators, hopefully not as overworked as other studios/teams.

Jul 17, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #177,311 of 177,745
Well, about that...

To be honest, I don't believe Nintendo would even be interested in doing something high-powered like that.

Well, about that…

1626566665516.png

I’ll wait until hardware is in hand.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #177,313 of 177,745
That picture is some 4chan-tier bull.
Steam Machines advertised as console killers? Valve having anything to do with them except licensing the Steam name? Half-Life Alyx being a glorified tech demo? And what support you ask for Steam Deck? It's a damn PC.
I took it from /r/gaming but they probably got it from 4chan.

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #177,314 of 177,745
Who's looking forward to the Madoka Magica Side Story airing on August 7th?

I liked the first season, not sure if I'll like the side story. Been years so my memory is a bit hazy on the show tbh.

MV5BNWIwZjU4MjMtYTE3MC00NjVkLTlkM2UtNWMyMTZiZmIyNzY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzExMzk5MTQ@._V1_.jpg

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #177,315 of 177,745
Who's looking forward to the Madoka Magica Side Story airing on August 7th?

I liked the first season, not sure if I'll like the side story. Been years so my memory is a bit hazy on the show tbh.

MV5BNWIwZjU4MjMtYTE3MC00NjVkLTlkM2UtNWMyMTZiZmIyNzY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzExMzk5MTQ@._V1_.jpg

This aired last year in Japan, it was kind of all over the place as mobile game adaptations tend to be. They spend so much time cramming in all the gatcha characters that I don't develop a bond with anyone so I don't care about anything that's happening to them.

I think this is the poster for the second season of the side story anime airing in a week or two.

116424l.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back