「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #176,266 of 177,744
Just finished the 8.4GB Code Geass Sound Collection lossless torrent through nyaa.si.... good voices and Super nice scans of everything! I am a sucker for the stuff.. Glad to use it from the Note4 and Stax 001.. Trying to watch recent anime.
Is there something like code Geass or Gundam 00 or Death Note? Going to try Steins Gate 0, but do not know what else. Been watching the first 15 eps' of Gundam iron blooded orphans because I did like 00 but I have been disappointed.
Was happy to see the Code Geass Oudou recently; The nostalgia. Are my standards just kind of too high for animes' or am I particularly dour?

The last time I watched a slapstick anime was Panty and Stocking in 2010 (I'm 23).
7538964.gif

I haven't watched anime in months

The most ambitious crossover in history

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #176,268 of 177,744

Saw this in theaters last weeked. Gawd dayum it's a tragically sad movie. :frowning2:

Haven't cried this much from an anime since 5 Centimeters per Second.

They were handing out boxes of tissues to dry your tears. :'(

On my RMAF flight I was deciding between watching Let Me Eat Your Pancreas (live action, based on the same novel) and Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms. In the end I chose Maquia, but I guess it's safe to say that I was doomed to have tears no matter which way I went.

Oct 24, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #176,269 of 177,744
On my RMAF flight I was deciding between watching Let Me Eat Your Pancreas (live action, based on the same novel) and Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms. In the end I chose Maquia, but I guess it's safe to say that I was doomed to have tears no matter which way I went.
Yeah Maquia was sad too, but I didn't cry.

I see a lot of myself in the main character in I Want to Eat Your Pancreas, so that hit me really hard.

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #176,270 of 177,744
Saw this in theaters last weeked. Gawd dayum it's a tragically sad movie. :frowning2:
]

Gonna have to wait for it to come out on blu-ray here, Your Name was screening in the local theatres but not this movie. Ehhh at least I can cry in the comfort of my own home. XD

Adventures in EQing, first victim is a Thinkpad X230.

I used "equaliser APO" which can set a system wide parametric EQ in Windows (none of that Foobar + VST rubbish I used to have to do), and Room EQ Wizard to generate the EQ curves. (all free software)

Green = Before EQ
Blue = After EQ

blah.png

Yeah these laptop speakers are so bad, nothing below 400Hz, maybe I should mod the Macbook 12" speakers in there which are, as far as I'm aware, some of the best laptop speakers on the planet. I think they start rolling off more smoothly at 350Hz instead of falling off a cliff.

Oct 25, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #176,272 of 177,744
I don't have any of the Stax IEMs. XD

Very interesting project though, I'm looking forward to how it turns out.

So on my defective SR-202 (severe imbalance and distortion), after sitting unused for 3-4 months I came across a post on reddit saying to smack the earcups to 'unstick' the driver. I don't know if it was the sitting unused or the smacking, but it did the trick.

You just... Smack the back of the earcup (side without pads) and that's it? How much force are we talking here? I still have a set of 207s I bought for parts in Japan I could try slapping to see if they get fixed, but I don't want to break them since I bought the set for spares anyhow...

Argh, I'm thinking of upgrading my DSLR since for better or worse my Pixel's photos outshine it in almost every respect for normie photos like instagrams and random trips. Plus I'm tired of lugging around my camera bag on trips, with 3 lenses in it and all sorts of other crap I don't usually use. Thinking the A6X00 line is probably the way to go but I'm unsure whether to get the A6000, A6300, or A6500...
Plus, I'm unsure which aftermarket lenses to go for.

And oh hey, it's been a little over 2 years now since Kalbee and all of the HK folks met up! Ah how time flies :frowning2:

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #176,275 of 177,744
I use Joe Blogg's files with EqualizerAPO and it's aweeeeesooooome. It's the first thing I do to any new computer, as well as any computer that gets a feature update by Windows because the stock audio drivers are always reinstalled, and they always add random EQ that I can't turn off on my devices and push the audio far beyond clipping. :/ Audio is amazing without them so boo companies with your poor choices. :p

Saving up for a VR headset right now. Currently looking at the Vive with the DeluxeAudio Strap. The Vive Pro is cool when I tried it but it's just too pricy.

Next will be busing a decent camera later this year/early next year. Not much knowledge about photography gear but I need one for some things I have to get done. My dad has one he never uses, so maybe I can get my hands on it rather than buying one. I just want to make sure that he really doesn't need the camera though. If he still has any uses for it and feels pressured to give it to me, I'd rather save up and grab a new one for myself in a few months.

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #176,277 of 177,744
You just... Smack the back of the earcup (side without pads) and that's it? How much force are we talking here? I still have a set of 207s I bought for parts in Japan I could try slapping to see if they get fixed, but I don't want to break them since I bought the set for spares anyhow...

Yep pretty much, I didn't really hit it that hard and to be honest I'm not sure if the impact reaaally did anything. Apparently it's only useful if the driver film is stuck to the stator or something, it could also have been a bad contact.
There's lots of reasons for driver imbalance so the chances of it working are slim, best to only do it as a last resort. (I wasn't gonna buy more parts to repair them so I thought what the hell)

The A6000 are starting to hit the AUD400 mark used, still a bit pricey with lenses so something like an old Olympus EM5 is another option.

I'm watching SSSS Gridman just for Rikka's thighs...lots of fan art of her recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back