「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 17, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #176,011 of 177,744
Set up the Audio GD DAC19 > KGSSHV > 007 rig again after being in storage for a while...there were some cobwebs on the headphones.

8b1.jpg

I want to measure the distortion+noise of the rig but I have no bench space at the moment, it's hard getting two giant boxes next to each other.

May 17, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #176,012 of 177,744
Set up the Audio GD DAC19 > KGSSHV > 007 rig again after being in storage for a while...there were some cobwebs on the headphones.

I want to measure the distortion+noise of the rig but I have no bench space at the moment, it's hard getting two giant boxes next to each other.

A long time ago, I had a pair of Nose headphones.

Someone stepped on the headphone jack so they were nearly unusable. One day decided to try fixing them many years later. Opened them up and found a few dead silverfish bodies. :p

May 17, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #176,013 of 177,744
A long time ago, I had a pair of Nose headphones.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.png

Upgraded from mono to dual mono

IMG_4665.jpg
IMG_4668.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #176,016 of 177,744

Attachments

• f3cf7694688482087e929ebde681285ba9d6cc51_hq.gif
    f3cf7694688482087e929ebde681285ba9d6cc51_hq.gif
    708.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #176,019 of 177,744
Seems my dad's PC turned out alright. He ended up building it himself on the side without my help, so pretty happy for that.

Only problem for him is he didn't initialize the second hard disk drive yet, and was wondering what was up with that. He plugged the rear exhaust fan to the only case fan header rather than the front fan, so I suggested that he does otherwise, but it's nothing big.

No need for BIOS update with the A320 mobo and Ryzen 2 chip. He was very happy with the noise of the PC as well, so nothing else I need to do. Since the case comes with 2 fans, he now has a backup fan in the unlikely event that one fan breaks. Just hope he routed the audio cable to the front panel in a good location to not pick up any noise. It should be dead silent for what he uses it for if it's placed correctly, but obviously can pick up a lot of noise if not.

Ended up giving him my wifi card and bluetooth dongle as well. Should serve him well.

----------------------------------

"[...]hazukashii kara..."

>w<

May 24, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #176,023 of 177,744
I played that game this morning:

like 60 screws:astonished: and my cheapo soldering iron maxed out was hardly hot enough to melt anything and not hot enough to melt anything at all through a layer of solder wick:rage:. so removing the 5 pin power plug was really funn't.
for the anecdote, I've had this laptop with me everywhere for years(it must be like 7 years old at least), in trains, on holidays, in hotel rooms when I was spending much more time in those than at home. and I never got any issue, this laptop has been a tank. I gave it to my mother because she had killed her last tablet and was waiting for me to find her a new one, and after using it maybe 10 times, the power plug broke with the laptop at a fixed position on a desk. IDK if she's super unlucky or just she-hulk.

otherwise I've been watching a few episodes of Grendizer(it was called Goldorak in France).
Goldorak125.JPG

let's just say that it didn't age very well. I was such a fan as a kid. it's crazy how memories can lie, until I watched it again I would have sworn it was a great anime.

May 24, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #176,025 of 177,744
Was Voltron really that popular? It was mentioned in Deadpool and a YouTube Red series I just watched. I mean, I watched a few episodes on Cartoon Network when it was airing in the USA, and I got action figures of it, but I didn't know it was that big. No one talks about it.
Voltron has been popular in the recent years with Netflix and some anime series. less humiliating than all the mega robots TV series with spandex dudes and dudettes IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back