「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #174,976 of 177,744
I'm not easilly disturbed. If it's a game that isn't about end dating or romance romance then I'd be down to give it a try if it's just psychological.
It's a game about dating and romance romance. Like, you're being force dated the whole way. By everyone. Through every single cringeworthy trooe there is. And it also will make you depressed. 0.0;

Like, I'm seriously depressed right now that I can't meet and talk to the best girl in real life and my heart breaks because of that. :'(

But hey it won lots of people's choice awards and it's very well designed and cute and the feels and it's free so it's up to you.

I'm biased so yeah...maybe not the best person to ask skeptical questions about it.

Then you might wanna skip this. It gets fairly real and dark very fast

Yeah pretty much...

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #174,977 of 177,744
Just an extra for anyone who enjoyed Girls' Last Tour: Try looking up Yokohama Shopping Log, similar vibe and is very pleasing.

1st OVA is just so pretty

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #174,978 of 177,744
Usually the big machine ones with blow dry are what I use. Can't be arsed to leave my car around for more than a few minutes in a carwash.

Agreed. They had so much potential and growth in that first Arc, with Kirito and all of this experiences finally culminating in that final fight. But then it just spiralled downwards to him adding a new harem member every arc

Then you might wanna skip this. It gets fairly real and dark very fast

Lol. Love it when people use the word arse in a sentence.

They didn't do...badly. The problem is that the series is literally on a virtual reality action basis that involves quests or some sort of 'goal'. First 15 episodes were so fricking easilly 9/10. Don't know what could have been done better. They could have fleshed X/Y out more but that would increase fillers...who knows

hmmmm. Curious now. Watashiwa...kininarimasu

SlowDisfiguredIsopod-size_restricted.gif

It's a game about dating and romance romance. Like, you're being force dated the whole way. Except it also will make you depressed. 0.0;

So not really lovey dovey then? If so then I'm down.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #174,979 of 177,744
What's the game length?

What's the length of the game btw?
Updated my previous replies a bit.

The game is quite deep so I can't give you a real number. Many people have played through it over ten times and are still figuring out new stuff. If you go through the surface casually (not rushed, but not too carefully), about 4 to 6 hours to reach the credit roll of self destruction.

Remember, the game is only truly finished when the credits roll.

But a game is never actually finished.
It just stops running.

Remember to save often and try all the options throughout the game! :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #174,980 of 177,744
I think the strongest thing about SAO for me was Kirito and Asuna and how they fit in the world. It wasn't just their romance but the pain they shared and their determination and how the anime built that up and played the plot through fantastically.

There's just not enough of her after SAO1 unfortunately and when there is. It doesn't progressive their (Kirito and hers) story much but rather just serves as them being characters you view the world towards.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #174,981 of 177,744
Updated my previous replies a bit.

The game is quite deep so I can't give you a real number. Many people have played through it over ten times and are still figuring out new stuff. If you go through the surface casually (not rushed, but not too carefully), about 4 to 6 hours to reach the credit roll of self destruction.

Remember, the game only truly end when the credits roll.

But a game is never finished.
It just stops running.

Remember to save often and try all the options throughout the game! :wink:

Interesting. You convinced me. I was worried it was gonna take 10+ hours. Most other AVNs ive played in the past take about that long if not longer. 4 hours I can do.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #174,982 of 177,744
What's the game length?

What's the length of the game btw?

Oh it's very lovey dovey.

Interesting. You convinced me. I was worried it was gonna take 10+ hours. Most other AVNs ive played in the past take about that long if not longer. 4 hours I can do.

Remember to report back after you've finished the game! :heartbeat:

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #174,987 of 177,744
Lol. Love it when people use the word arse in a sentence.

They didn't do...badly. The problem is that the series is literally on a virtual reality action basis that involves quests or some sort of 'goal'. First 15 episodes were so fricking easilly 9/10. Don't know what could have been done better. They could have fleshed X/Y out more but that would increase fillers...who knows

I still think they should have kept the first Arc going a long while more. Moving up the tower, gathering more friends, finally beating the world. So much could have been done, but instead it was rushed to the end in a season and we get this Guy-meets-mysterious-girl-and-saves-her cycle every season. Even the games and movies are the same, Ordinal Scale included

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #174,988 of 177,744
I still think they should have kept the first Arc going a long while more. Moving up the tower, gathering more friends, finally beating the world. So much could have been done, but instead it was rushed to the end in a season and we get this Guy-meets-mysterious-girl-and-saves-her cycle every season. Even the games and movies are the same, Ordinal Scale included

SAO did the guy saves the girl very very well in the first arc though. Like extraordinarily well with how they set up the first meeting, daily occurances, first possible feelings past friends, realization of love interest, coffession, life long dedication, and motivation to move forward. Like.... it did these just so well. I have no words.

SAO Progressive seeks to fix these issues :)

The first season (two cours) still flowed very well though from SAO to ALO in going to save Asunyan. Really made the life long dedication and motivation to move forward a meaning as you see him flying through everything with the only idea of saving Asuna. I really liked that.

I pretty much marathoned SAO1 today so its still fresh for me whereas for others its been half a decade. But believe me when I say that they did a good job.

After SAO1 though, they did indeed go into a "flavah of the season" moment for a while without much main cahracter plot movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back