「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 26, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #174,961 of 177,744
*I'm fangirling over this game now so please excuse the rambling it's truly an emotional rollercoaster for me*

It's free. Everything is free. The entire game is free. The mods are free. You can choose to donate or buy the fan pack with the music and booklet about the development process but you can pretty much find most of it online anyways, either on the dev's Youtube channel, blog, interviews and various other social media sites.

You can download the game from Steam, or just from their site. The two are slightly different but it doesn't matter.

http://ddlc.moe/

No lockdowns or surprises that need you to pay money to get the full game/make the game easier.

Go download the game now and force yourself to play it full. Don't ask any more questions, watch anybody's videos on it, read any comments or do anymore research as it will all spoil a lot.

Tell us how it goes too! Don't keep us hanging poi~ o(^w^)b

What are the main differences? I guess I'd rather choose to download it from the website than STEAM, else my weeb powers will show up anytime I boot this game up on Steam.

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #174,962 of 177,744
A year's worth of car wash? as in DIY car wash? I'm a lazy panda and just have a hard time (kek) finding time to wash mine so I just bring it to the auto wash and pay $20
Hopefully a $20 auto wash out there comes with vacuuming and hand drying like it often does here in the midwest. If it's $20 for just a soft cloth wash and blow dry, then you guys get charged a premium out there.

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #174,963 of 177,744
Isn't eggnog just bourbon and ice cubes?
Bourbon and ice cubes + eggs

Must play! Please go for the Monika route. :wink:

Highly recommend this game. ^~^

Also can't wait for 2018.

IT'S TIME TO BE A screwING HERO!
Just Monika.

How is it free? or is it one of those games you get to play at first and then they lock you out. I don't want to commit unless its actually free cuz feeels

What are some of the best adult visual novels you've played? Since you mentioned Grisaia.

What does active noise cancellation through the headphone jack mean?
It's 100% free.

I haven't played a single one actually. I only watched the anime adaptation of Grisaia.

Noise cancelling headphones usually have their ANC circuitry in the headphones themselves, or if they're in-ears, in a box somewhere on the cable like this:

s-l640.jpg

The mics are wired to the ANC circuitry for noise cancellation. It needs to have its own power source to power the ANC guts. What Sony did was wire the ANC mics to a 5-pole connector:

MDR-NC31EM-Digital-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-black-1240x840-3db35f7efcb9b284b0ad111d77120379.jpg

Eliminating the need for a separate box to house the ANC guts/power source, and instead incorporating the ANC into the player/device. The upside is noise cancellation without added bulk (in the case of in-ears) or inconvenience of charging/using a second battery, but the downside is reduced compatibility of the earphones and no inline controls/mic for phone calls.

Upon closer inspection I actually have a special version of the NC33's as the NC31's have a weird lump on the driver housing and a slightly differently shaped stalk.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #174,964 of 177,744
Hopefully a $20 auto wash out there comes with vacuuming and hand drying like it often does here in the midwest. If it's $20 for just a soft cloth wash and blow dry, then you guys get charged a premium out there.

Us plebs in the USA pay $20 for just a quick automatic wash and 30s towel dry with a DIY vacuum they provide.

The best I've gotten was $24 (after student discount) for the automatic wash with fast polish that they spray on and then outside. They do a 4min towel dry followed by a hand applied wax coating for that amount.

Pictures from the two times I did that

Bourbon and ice cubes + eggs

Just Monika.

It's 100% free.

I haven't played a single one actually. I only watched the anime adaptation of Grisaia.

Noise cancelling headphones usually have their ANC circuitry in the headphones themselves, or if they're in-ears, in a box somewhere on the cable like this:

The mics are wired to the ANC circuitry for noise cancellation. It needs to have its own power source to power the ANC guts. What Sony did was wire the ANC mics to a 5-pole connector:

Eliminating the need for a separate box to house the ANC guts/power source, and instead incorporating the ANC into the player/device. The upside is noise cancellation without added bulk (in the case of in-ears) or inconvenience of charging/using a second battery, but the downside is reduced compatibility of the earphones and no inline controls/mic for phone calls.

Upon closer inspection I actually have a special version of the NC33's as the NC31's have a weird lump on the driver housing and a slightly differently shaped stalk.

Ooo

Thanks for enlightening this humble panda on those wicked 5 prong adapters. Interesting, never knew that

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #174,965 of 177,744
On Sword Art Online

Back when it came out in 2012. After 10 episodes, I stopped watching weeklies and rushed to read the LN and so never really got to finish some aspects of the anime itself since I was reading the book.

I finally finished the first 14 episodes and for those that need a refresher

It goes through his romance with Asuna, beating the creator and the world falls apart, I originaly thought that was ep 24/25 but forgot there were more stuff

And I'll say this right now. Those 14 episodes are some 9/10 material right there. Something that the rest of the series later on rarely ever achieves again. Save for what I've heard Ordinal Scale being awesome AF.

This show...or these 14 episodes are my pleb powers coming through. The show gets a lot of hate it deservidly gets for later sequences but those eps are the bee's knees

giphy.gif

/panda rant

Dec 26, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #174,966 of 177,744
Us plebs in the USA pay $20 for just a quick automatic wash and 30s towel dry with a DIY vacuum they provide.

Pictures from the two times I did that

Looking real slick there panda man, are those the automatic washes with the big brush thingies that spin round and round? It's better to avoid those if you can help it because they introduce a lot of micro scratches on your clear coat. (or maybe you guys have the touchless machines over there, they aren't common here down under)

I don't trust anyone, man or machine, to not scratch the car so I have to do it myself. It's actually very therapeutic... =P In terms of consumables cost then it probably lies at the $1-$1.50 mark per wash and about 40 minutes of time. The name of the game is basically to do as least damage to the car as possible while washing.

Not too bad for a 20 year old car that lives outside, jeez phone cameras have been getting good lately with all the HDR processing. Weather has been horrible lately so she's due for another wash.

I recently had to replace the low-beam headlight bulb and apart from having to file down a bit of plastic because I can't buy the Japanese sized bulbs here, it took like 2 minutes.
Now my friend's Accord Euro on the other hand...you have to bloody turn the wheel and peel off the wheel arch fender thingies just to get access to the bulb assembly. That was over an hour of finger busting work...why do they make consumable parts so hard to replace ughh.

IMG_2633.jpg

Dec 26, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #174,967 of 177,744
Looking real slick there panda man, are those the automatic washes with the big brush thingies that spin round and round? It's better to avoid those if you can help it because they introduce a lot of micro scratches on your clear coat. (or maybe you guys have the touchless machines over there, they aren't common here down under)

I don't trust anyone, man or machine, to not scratch the car so I have to do it myself. It's actually very therapeutic... =P In terms of consumables cost then it probably lies at the $1-$1.50 mark per wash and about 40 minutes of time. The name of the game is basically to do as least damage to the car as possible while washing.

Not too bad for a 20 year old car that lives outside, jeez phone cameras have been getting good lately with all the HDR processing. Weather has been horrible lately so she's due for another wash.

I recently had to replace the low-beam headlight bulb and apart from having to file down a bit of plastic because I can't buy the Japanese sized bulbs here, it took like 2 minutes.
Now my friend's Accord Euro on the other hand...you have to bloody turn the wheel and peel off the wheel arch fender thingies just to get access to the bulb assembly. That was over an hour of finger busting work...why do they make consumable parts so hard to replace ughh.

Yeah they are and I do understand that. But I've found that I also have problems with that in hand washing. Where I'm pretty much never gonna guarantee that I can't put any micro scratches on anything. So far, I haven't seen any noticeable noticeable damage from those big automatic washes.

If it was a very expensive car ($100k+) than sure. But even accounting for those small micro damages. It won't be enough in the lifespan this car will have for it to be noticeable is how I take it.

Yeah, it sounds about right. ~$2 if you wash it yourself. Problem is time and setup. I have to drag and uncoil a house from the back, change clothes, and spend about 30minutes to JUST do a wash of it. Whereas $5 (basic) will do it in about 1min with similar results (to the most noticeable areas).

Is that a MR2 in the photo?

Yeah, my car is very easy to work on it turns out. Took 10mins and $3 to change out a rear signal light that went out. My friend's Acura required multiple things to be taken out by a mechanic and a bill of approx $100 to change a light that went out. Not from difficulty but from time and the expensive rates charged.

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #174,968 of 177,744
Yeah they are and I do understand that. But I've found that I also have problems with that in hand washing. Where I'm pretty much never gonna guarantee that I can't put any micro scratches on anything. So far, I haven't seen any noticeable noticeable damage from those big automatic washes.

Is that a MR2 in the photo?

Fair enough, everything is a compromise and we have to do whatever is practical (and todays machines+paints are probably leagues better than a few decades ago). I am a *bit* nutso though, I literally beg my friends to bring their cars over so I can wash them when trying new products.

Close guess! XD
(Yep that's an Albedo daki, pretty poopy quality but we gotta start somewhere, I got bamboozled by a re-seller instead of buying from the first-hand source. Lookin' forward to S2)

IMG_2641.jpg

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #174,969 of 177,744
Fair enough, everything is a compromise and we have to do whatever is practical (and todays machines+paints are probably leagues better than a few decades ago). I am a *bit* nutso though, I literally beg my friends to bring their cars over so I can wash them when trying new products.

Close guess! XD
(Yep that's an Albedo daki, pretty poopy quality but we gotta start somewhere, I got bamboozled by a re-seller instead of buying from the first-hand source. Lookin' forward to S2)

Ho Lee *** m8. U wot m8?

tumblr_nk9m42b8FC1u57nw2o1_500.gif

I don't know JDM that well. Especially of 15+ years ago JDM so I'm outta guesess :frowning2:

Dayum. You got some serious ballz driving around with a daki in the passenger seat haha.

I just got a REM daki. I'll drive it around in my car one of these days

Or at least that's what I'd do if there wasn't so much fricking salt and sometimes snow/ice on the road
c602e0f172a98027caf7c7306df9eefb309e5d21f2ea0b3a2174d76f30c1c84a.jpg

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #174,970 of 177,744
What are the main differences? I guess I'd rather choose to download it from the website than STEAM, else my weeb powers will show up anytime I boot this game up on Steam.

In this case download it from their website.

Not much difference. Some small change in words due to technical issues (to accommodate of the game coming from a different platform).

You'll see it when you finish the game.

But a game is never actually finished.
It just stops running. :wink:

But really, it's fine. Just play it. You're getting close to spoiling it more than you think. Play it with pride! Show everyone you're a weeb and that you're proud of it! :D

-----------------

Honestly I can relate to her quite a bit that Sunday when you visit her home, and the MC really is kind of an idiot.

Of course, what people usually say to those who are in a similar situation isn't empowering or comforting despite their (sometimes) good intentions, but the MC really is clueless, regardless if he's conscious about his actions or not.

Thinking back when I was in a similar mindset, I would probably been broken apart bit by bit if someone just came to my home when I clearly want to be left alone, just to keep saying those words and forcing me a reply, then guilt tripping me even more to comply. Oh and then right after promising one will spend the next day with me, leaves my place to spend the day right next door with a cute girl.

Sayori has every right to worry MC won't be able to socialize in college without her help.

Hope she may find a better friend/hope the MC learns to be a better friend in the future...

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #174,972 of 177,744
In this case download it from their website.

Not much. Some small change in words due to technical issues/mechanics of the game.

You'll understand the most when you finish the game.

But a game is never finished. It just stops running. :wink:

But really, it's fine. Just play it. You're getting close to spoiling it more than you think. Play it with pride! Show everyone you're a weeb and that you're proud of it! :D

I'm currently a bit hesitant on rom dating sims and are sticking a bit away. Just makes me more depressed honestly :/

Hey, I saw that car in your driveway just before midday today..........:ksc75smile:

With the glorious Daki in it to show that Deadly is a taken man? *wink*

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #174,974 of 177,744
...oh.

Um, make sure you read the full disclaimer for the game if you ever plan to play it then. 0.0;

You'll get a lot more of that than you asked for if you do play it poi...

What disclaimer? This one?

This game is not suitable for children
or those who are easily disturbed.

I'm not easilly disturbed. If it's a game that isn't about end dating or romance romance then I'd be down to give it a try if it's just psychological.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #174,975 of 177,744

Usually the big machine ones with blow dry are what I use. Can't be arsed to leave my car around for more than a few minutes in a carwash.

On Sword Art Online

Back when it came out in 2012. After 10 episodes, I stopped watching weeklies and rushed to read the LN and so never really got to finish some aspects of the anime itself since I was reading the book.

I finally finished the first 14 episodes and for those that need a refresher

It goes through his romance with Asuna, beating the creator and the world falls apart, I originaly thought that was ep 24/25 but forgot there were more stuff

And I'll say this right now. Those 14 episodes are some 9/10 material right there. Something that the rest of the series later on rarely ever achieves again. Save for what I've heard Ordinal Scale being awesome AF.

This show...or these 14 episodes are my pleb powers coming through. The show gets a lot of hate it deservidly gets for later sequences but those eps are the bee's knees

giphy.gif

/panda rant

Agreed. They had so much potential and growth in that first Arc, with Kirito and all of this experiences finally culminating in that final fight. But then it just spiralled downwards to him adding a new harem member every arc

I'm currently a bit hesitant on rom dating sims and are sticking a bit away. Just makes me more depressed honestly :/

Then you might wanna skip this. It gets fairly real and dark very fast

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back