「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 22, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #173,161 of 177,744
Have been enjoying the Dalwhinnie for awhile now, and so, like any good audiophool, I'm looking for some variation.

I'm looking at:
Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban
Glen Grant 10
Lagavulin 16
Bunnahabhain 12

I haven't tried the first two so I can't speak for them yet.

The Lagavulin 16 is extremely popular, if you've never tried it before then you should at least have it just once if you're okay with a fairly heavily peated whisky. Be warned though it's like the exact opposite of a Japanese whisky ahahah ("strong", peaty, salty, medicinal iodine flavour). 
tongue.gif

I do think the Bunnahabhain 12 edges out slightly in quality, so that's my personal pick. (and it's about $25 cheaper than the Lagavulin here in Australia, but if it's the same price then try the Lagavulin first)

cool, funny, good looking and able to adapt to almost any situation. that's who should have gotten the role for the GIST movie.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #173,166 of 177,744
your wife

her dad

the kids

sony aibo

you

and I'm like

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #173,168 of 177,744

cool, funny, good looking and able to adapt to almost any situation. that's who should have gotten the role for the GIST movie.
evil_smiley.gif

before i watch the movie i went to grab a box of that plastic model but turns out : (

I'm guessing they plan to make GIST movies until we have nothing left to puke. it's the only rational reason I see to make the movie the way it was done. if I knew I would only ever make one GITS movie, I would never leave out the tachikoma crew or laughing man. but maybe I just like blue stuff. 
cool.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #173,169 of 177,744
I'm guessing they plan to make GIST movies until we have nothing left to puke. it's the only rational reason I see to make the movie the way it was done. if I knew I would only ever make one GITS movie, I would never leave out the tachikoma crew or laughing man. but maybe I just like blue stuff. 
cool.gif

Apparently it bombed hard, tho.
I mean, of course they wanted to make more because it's Hollywood and everything must become a franchise and start with an origin story (which they made the movie to be).

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #173,170 of 177,744
I haven't tried the first two so I can't speak for them yet.

The Lagavulin 16 is extremely popular, if you've never tried it before then you should at least have it just once if you're okay with a fairly heavily peated whisky. Be warned though it's like the exact opposite of a Japanese whisky ahahah ("strong", peaty, salty, medicinal iodine flavour). :p

I do think the Bunnahabhain 12 edges out slightly in quality, so that's my personal pick. (and it's about $25 cheaper than the Lagavulin here in Australia, but if it's the same price then try the Lagavulin first)

That's one of the worries I had with the Lagavulin since the last time I had a peated whisky, it confused me. Still interesting, but confusing nonetheless.

Will keep that in mind, and probably get Bunna12 later.

Glen Grant 10 came up on whisky bible this year so might be worth a look

Still hoping go grab a bottle of Abund. I've heard some good things about it. So here's to hoping someone on vacation can grab me one :p

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #173,175 of 177,744
Haha, the contrast between them. Thanks for introducing me to this channel.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1_Ey-qIVE[/video]

Perfect. Just in time for that spring-to-summer weather to set in. Good start to 2017 for IU.

And then Park Si Hwan's dessert for when it moves closer to summer.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCX-ZJ9jTc/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back