「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 4, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #172,906 of 177,745
So, the /a/ thread about Frame Arms Girls kinda made me "interested" in watching it.
EDjDJeN.jpg

TgnLzIH.jpg

Literally f o l d e d 1 0 0 0 t i m e s

It's either gonna be the next Twintails (AKA serviceable, but so stupid it made it kinda enjoyable to watch) or it's gonna be bad, but hopefully at least there's gonna be some fun threads about it (and the model kits the show was made to sell).

Gonna watch it before Ghost In The Shell because I didn't have time yesterday to buy the ticket I reserved and the reservations expire half an hour before the showing, so I have to be a bit earlier.

And yes, I'm going in knowing I'm likely not gonna enjoy the movie that much, but it's still GITS, so of course I'm seeing it.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #172,908 of 177,745

Feels great to jump into the Anime song bandwagon, I'd totally have no idea Rakudai's OP is available in Hi Res until now

Does anyone here also collect/buy Hi Res songs from mora too?

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #172,909 of 177,745

This thread could use more Korean music.

Feels great to jump into the Anime song bandwagon, I'd totally have no idea Rakudai's OP is available in Hi Res until now

Does anyone here also collect/buy Hi Res songs from mora too?

I don't do Hi-Res. I've got no audio setup capable of Hi-Res, and even if I did I probably won't be able to appreciate its high fidelity.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #172,910 of 177,745

I don't do Hi-Res. I've got no audio setup capable of Hi-Res, and even if I did I probably won't be able to appreciate its high fidelity.

Some inexpensive Fiio or Shanling DAP can play these files. It's just a matter of having enough storage though (hi res from Mora is very storage consuming, e.g a 4 minutes song is around 130mb) 
Plus you can always resample/dither them to 16 44.1

What I like about Hi Res from japanese records (and Sony, particularly) is that the level of clarity and fidelity is out of this world (even when you downconvert it to lower res). I get a few people listen to it in my MDR 1A and all of them say that

Listening to Kalafina's Kimi no Ginno Niwa (Madoka Rebellion's ED) mastered in 24bit 96kHz brings peace to my ears

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #172,917 of 177,745
I'm a total loser when it comes to Korean music. passed Wonder Girls and Psy, I know nothing.
redface.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #172,918 of 177,745
Apr 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #172,919 of 177,745

Quick question deadly, have you had either the Mortlach Rare Old or the Clynelish 14? If so, what's your opinion on them.

I'm trying to fins cheaper alternatives to my Japanese whiskeys, the Hibiki 17 might be great, but I sure as heck can't drink it on a regular basis

I haven't tried those yet.

Hmmmmm with Hibiki 17 in mind, try Bunnahabhain 12 (very lightly peated), Dalwhinnie 15, Springbank Green (any age but the sherry versions in particular) or Aberlour a'bunadh. Pick the most affordable one out of the four...if any are at all over there. 

The Aberlour is a sherry monster so it's the "sweetest" of the bunch, followed by the Springbank, Bunnahabhain and then Dalwhinnie (the most subtle out of the four, might be disappointing if you like getting punched in the face instead of spending time courting a whisky, it's only here in case it's crazy cheap in your area and it is the cheapest whisky I'd actually buy nowadays).

My personal favourites out of the four are the Springbank (STAX of whisky) or the Bunnahabhain.

You guys are gonna kill my budget some day when I can actually afford any of these high priced whiskies T_T 

I still have a shot of Hibiki 17 I got in HK from a friend, I'm saving it for when I graduate or something because I can't afford anything that expensive right now. :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #172,920 of 177,745

Some inexpensive Fiio or Shanling DAP can play these files. It's just a matter of having enough storage though (hi res from Mora is very storage consuming, e.g a 4 minutes song is around 130mb) 
Plus you can always resample/dither them to 16 44.1

What I like about Hi Res from japanese records (and Sony, particularly) is that the level of clarity and fidelity is out of this world (even when you downconvert it to lower res). I get a few people listen to it in my MDR 1A and all of them say that

Listening to Kalafina's Kimi no Ginno Niwa (Madoka Rebellion's ED) mastered in 24bit 96kHz brings peace to my ears

Now that I think about it I do have an Xperia Z3 and a pair of Sony MDR-10R's that I can try.

Might be a good chance to put the 7 Plus' 256 GB storage and Lightning DAC options to good use

Did somebody say Korean music?

Block B?

I'm a total loser when it comes to Korean music. passed Wonder Girls and Psy, I know nothing.
redface.gif

What about Girls Generation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back