「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 2, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #172,891 of 177,744

Triple Post!

Re:Creators sounds stupid, but it is by the guy who wrote Black Lagoon (that shocked me a bit). Gonna check it out.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #172,893 of 177,744

Clockwork Planet is getting an anime? Huh. The manga really isn't that far along though.

I've only read up to the latest volume since I have no idea where to buy magazine releases but I guess they'll have an original ending for the current arc?
hyped about animated ancle-chan :3 (its a bit worrying that #bestgurl isn't even introduced on the official site and I only saw a few frames of her silhouette in the PV.)

Re:Creators sounds stupid, but it is by the guy who wrote Black Lagoon (that shocked me a bit). Gonna check it out.

I'm just here for Sawano Hiroyuki's OST.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #172,894 of 177,744
Reports say Apple is dropping Imagination Technologies for the GPU's in their SoCs, looks like they'll be going their own custom route most likely borrowing some IP here and there.

So just like that, they will technically be the largest GPU design company (or at least the most well-resourced, ya know, being the most valuable company in the world and all =P).... the A13 or above will be very interesting. There were some rumours here and there about them working on Augmented Reality, I wonder if it'll somehow tie in to that?

I want some of that juicy 120+Hz Safari scrolling/animations.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #172,895 of 177,744
  Reports say Apple is dropping Imagination Technologies for the GPU's in their SoCs, looks like they'll be going their own custom route most likely borrowing some IP here and there.

So just like that, they will technically be the largest GPU design company (or at least the most well-resourced, ya know, being the most valuable company in the world and all =P).... the A13 or above will be very interesting. There were some rumours here and there about them working on Augmented Reality, I wonder if it'll somehow tie in to that?

Long story short, if you have stock in Imagination Tech, you should have sold them already.

But Imagination will probably go bankrupt since most of their investors will pull out. On the other side, we probably don't have to worry much about the performance of the GPUs since Apple is quite a good chip designer looking at the A9 to A10 chips.

I'm not sure about largest, but yeah the parenthesized part is more accurate.

Good luck getting 120Hz panels out of Apple. Unless they deem it absolutely necessary, they'll be sticking to their bare minimum guidelines as far as displays goes. There's a reason they still stick with their current resolutions; increased pixel density and specific viewing distances don't really produce much visible gain so they may as well stick with the lowest resolution possible to increase battery life yet still have a sharp looking display from average viewing distance. The same story goes with screen refresh rate, especially since 120 fps content is basically nonexistent as far as mobile devices go. Maybe if you want to burn through your battery in 2 hours playing mobile games at 120fps then sure.

Apple would be more likely to increase the refresh rate of the touch (and or pen) digitizers like on the iPad Pro than increase pixel density or refresh rate.

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #172,896 of 177,744

I'm just here for Sawano Hiroyuki's OST.

Ditto.

In 2020 when everyone else has already done it maybe.

Quick question deadly, have you had either the Mortlach Rare Old or the Clynelish 14? If so, what's your opinion on them.

I'm trying to fins cheaper alternatives to my Japanese whiskeys, the Hibiki 17 might be great, but I sure as heck can't drink it on a regular basis

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #172,897 of 177,744
Friday saw Ghost in the Shell, Saturday saw Power Rangers again, Sunday saw Life.

Maaan the Ghost in the Shell movie really was just baaaad. ScarJo played a really boring Major, the fights were poorly shot scenes taken from the first movie, they changed her origin story. The movie was just such an awkward mess. Tanked in theaters so no sequel in sight.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #172,898 of 177,744
Friday saw Ghost in the Shell, Saturday saw Power Rangers again, Sunday saw Life.

Maaan the Ghost in the Shell movie really was just baaaad. ScarJo played a really boring Major, the fights were poorly shot scenes taken from the first movie, they changed her origin story. The movie was just such an awkward mess. Tanked in theaters so no sequel in sight.

Seems like it's better than Batman v Superman according to critics. lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film)#Critical_response
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Ghost in the Shell has an approval rating of 44% based on 165 reviews, with an average rating of 5.5/10. The site's consensus reads, "Ghost in the Shell boasts cool visuals and a compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson, but the end result lacks the magic of the movie's classic source material." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 53 out of 100, based on 39 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B" on an A+ to F scale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice#Critical_response
Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 27% based on 354 reviews, with an average rating of 4.9/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story – and some of America's most iconic superheroes – in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action." Metacritic, which assigns a weighted average to critic reviews, gave the film an average score of 44 out of 100, based on 51 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B" on an A+ to F scale.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #172,899 of 177,744
Quick question deadly, have you had either the Mortlach Rare Old or the Clynelish 14? If so, what's your opinion on them.

I'm trying to fins cheaper alternatives to my Japanese whiskeys, the Hibiki 17 might be great, but I sure as heck can't drink it on a regular basis

I haven't tried those yet.

Hmmmmm with Hibiki 17 in mind, try Bunnahabhain 12 (very lightly peated), Dalwhinnie 15, Springbank Green (any age but the sherry versions in particular) or Aberlour a'bunadh. Pick the most affordable one out of the four...if any are at all over there. 

The Aberlour is a sherry monster so it's the "sweetest" of the bunch, followed by the Springbank, Bunnahabhain and then Dalwhinnie (the most subtle out of the four, might be disappointing if you like getting punched in the face instead of spending time courting a whisky, it's only here in case it's crazy cheap in your area and it is the cheapest whisky I'd actually buy nowadays).

My personal favourites out of the four are the Springbank (STAX of whisky) or the Bunnahabhain.

Oh boy, thanks for taking one for the team. 
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #172,900 of 177,744

Can't wait to see it!

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #172,901 of 177,744
I haven't tried those yet.

Hmmmmm with Hibiki 17 in mind, try Bunnahabhain 12 (very lightly peated), Dalwhinnie 15, Springbank Green (any age but the sherry versions in particular) or Aberlour a'bunadh. Pick the most affordable one out of the four...if any are at all over there. 

The Aberlour is a sherry monster so it's the "sweetest" of the bunch, followed by the Springbank, Bunnahabhain and then Dalwhinnie (the most subtle out of the four, might be disappointing if you like getting punched in the face instead of spending time courting a whisky, it's only here in case it's crazy cheap in your area and it is the cheapest whisky I'd actually buy nowadays).

My personal favourites out of the four are the Springbank (STAX of whisky) or the Bunnahabhain.

I'll keep an eye out for those
Atm my options are:
https://www.boozeat.com/product-category/goods/whisky/single-malt-whisky/

They also sell Japanese whiskys but when compared to Japan prices, they're all grossly overpriced.

No Aberlour a'bunadh, but they do have the 12 so I might try that

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #172,902 of 177,744
Atm my options are:
https://www.boozeat.com/product-category/goods/whisky/single-malt-whisky/

They also sell Japanese whiskys but when compared to Japan prices, they're all grossly overpriced.

No Aberlour a'bunadh, but they do have the 12 so I might try that

Hmmm problem with the Aberlour 12, they seem to change the bottling versions pretty often. If it is the 46% and non-chill filtered version then it's worth a try, but otherwise that Dalwhinnie 15 @ RM255 seems to be the better buy.

Buuuut if you want a sherry monster... then what can ya do. 
tongue.gif
 (you can do a lot worse than Aberlour 12 I suppose)

edit: Nice article on the creation of 2B's model.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #172,903 of 177,744
Hmmm problem with the Aberlour 12, they seem to change the bottling versions pretty often. If it is the 46% and non-chill filtered version then it's worth a try, but otherwise that Dalwhinnie 15 @ RM255 seems to be the better buy.

Buuuut if you want a sherry monster... then what can ya do. :p  (you can do a lot worse than Aberlour 12 I suppose)

edit: Nice article on the creation of 2B's model.

What makes the dalwhinnie more with it? I know age statements are important, but other than that, is the something else to it?

I do like me some "bright fruity palate" tho

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #172,904 of 177,744
What makes the dalwhinnie more with it? I know age statements are important, but other than that, is the something else to it?

I do like me some "bright fruity palate" tho

Ehhh it's just the cheapskate within me, the Aberlour is ~20% more expensive even though it's not any better than the Dalwhinnie.*

At the Aberlour's price point (~RM315), going for Ardbeg 10 or Lagavulin 16 is much better.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #172,905 of 177,744
Ehhh it's just the cheapskate within me, the Aberlour is ~20% more expensive even though it's not any better than the Dalwhinnie.*

At the Aberlour's price point (~RM315), going for Ardbeg 10 or Lagavulin 16 is much better.

That's a good point. Since this is a casual drink as opposed to something I try to savor at a sitting, it's better with a lower price tag.

As for the Ardbeg and Lagavulin, if memory serves me right they're known as heavily peated, and while I can see the allure(tried the Nikka Pure Malt Black, which was different but enjoyable) I feel that I still don't fully appreciate it yet, so I'll pass on them for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back