「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #171,871 of 177,744
Two Hung Gar earthbending masters~

Hung Gar is so badass. \(*w*)/

------

An RX...560m?

Hmmm...

Honestly prefer AMD over Nvidia right now, especially for laptops where you can't upgrade as Pascal doesn't show anything impressive with asynchronous compute. If I make my next laptop run for another 5 years, I'll be needing all the juice I can get. ;~;

Also really really want an iPad Pro, but the new one should be released soon... Surface Pro 4 flickers so I want to try and avoid that... But it's so beautiful. @_@

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #171,875 of 177,744
Rumor mill is Crunchyroll laid a majority of their staff members. Lots of vague and ominous tweets from Crunchyroll employees.

Considering even Netflix is still bleeding money, I don't see Crunchyroll doing so hot.

Kono suba 10/10

Maid dragon 10/10

EAR SPEAKERS 6/10 it's a decently fun watch ehhhh maybe I'm too critical.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #171,878 of 177,744

What hands do you have? I am an airbender~ <3

...but but but I wanna waterbend...Tai Chi is so pretty.... ;~;

I guess fire? since my hands aren't that long, chubby or wide.

stuck in my head....

sakuzyo's music is just epic.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #171,879 of 177,744

(snip)  
 maybe I'm too critical.

Wot...?  Nah.....  you're overthinking it.
blink.gif

No such animal called too critical........  
L3000.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #171,880 of 177,744
Wot...?  Nah.....  you're overthinking it.
blink.gif

No such animal called too critical........  
L3000.gif

We're getting the NBN soon, there's a dude coming over to install in a couple of weeks time. It's very strange how we're getting it pretty early (must be because of the HFC network upgrade/takeover shenanigans). I can finally say goodbye to Telstra after 15 years of service.

Endeavor recently changed over our house's AC input wiring from 4 separate cables to one nice braided bundle...I wonder if our power is any cleaner. 
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #171,882 of 177,744

Considering even Netflix is still bleeding money, I don't see Crunchyroll doing so hot.

From a burner Reddit account, so not claiming it's any true:

There were layoffs. The entirety of QA and a decent % of the San Francisco engineering team were laid off.

Basically, we started working with an outsourcing company (Yopeso), whos CTO was buddy buddy with our head of Product. He became our interim CTO around June and has made horrible decision after horrible decision from a ground level perspective. Decided to get rid of the Project Management team, directly told engineers that he didn't care if they had to work 16 hours on a weekend because they were on salary, etc.
Basically every engineer and ground level employee started asking about conflict of interest and directly asked executives if they were going to be replaced with outsourced engineers, and were repeatedly told we would not be.

Today, they purchased a portion of the outsourcing company. The CEO of that outsourcing company is now permanent CTO at Ellation (Crunchyroll's parent).

They sent us a wonderful FAQ at the end of the day, this part in particular was embarrassingly bad.

Q: Doesn't Simon have a conflict of interest as our CTO?
A: No. Simon's involvement historically was at our request. We agreed to a budget against which we ramped up the Moldova team. Additionally, Simon was involved in our CTO search process, endorsing several candidates along the way. In the end, we decided that the combination of Simon and the Moldova acquisition was the best combination for Ellation. As we move forward, Simon is an employee of Ellation and his incentives are 100% aligned to delivering shareholder value to Ellation. We all as shareholders have the same interest in making Ellation a huge success.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #171,884 of 177,744
That's a lot of stuff to always carry around. I just have my Swiss army knife.

It's not really "EDC" as not all of it is something I carry on a daily basis (or sometimes I'm not allowed to carry it depending on what uniform I'm in). The CQC-2k I carry almost daily, the flashlight is either in my backpack or another flashlight is there, usually a lighter one. The Spirit will probably sit on the belt of my work uniforms for now, don't want to look like one of those dorks carrying a multitool in khakis.

I'm gonna need some impressions or a review once you've had time with it.

Is that a Fenix up there?

Aye, my initial impressions is that it's a really well built tool. But the high polish on the handles and the entire thing in general attracts fingerprints and kinda lacks good solid grip. But the locking mechanism is extremely satisfying and is solid as hell, good knife, good file.

I'm too afraid to use the sheath for it too... it's freaking beautiful... probably going to grab something else to put it in and carry.

Yep, Fenix E25 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back