「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #171,739 of 177,744
Ah okay gotcha. Hopefully I'll be able to make my bottles last that long, lol. How did you acquire a taste for wine and beer though? I still can't get used to it :X

By drinking it.

I acquired a taste for beer by disliking it for a while until one day I had a beer and I actually really enjoyed it.
I only acquired a taste for wine last summer when at some conference dinner there was free wine served and drank more than a few glasses.

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #171,740 of 177,744
It's nearly 2am and yet the temperature outside is still 28C / 82 Freedom units. 

*guitar intro*
Man it's a hot one...

Just came back from skiing. It was only -10C at night, but I went skiing on some glacier 3km up where it was -20C and windy in the middle of the day.

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #171,741 of 177,744
  Does anyone have the Miku FiiO X3 theme, @watashi101 hasn't been on since 2014 LOL Q.Q
edit: and the download link is EXPIIIRREEDD Q-Q

I'll look for it when I get back from class, I might have it archived somewhere. I know I dled the Miku FiiO X3 at some point.

I am too after shooting a variety of pistols at my traning course. the Glock 17 in 9mm was my favorite. 

That is pure.... I don't know what to say right there

AKs are my thing mostly due to their more eastern and soviet feel to them. 

Heh, my training course was probably way less fun than yours... cause >Navy/MSC approved course. Hopefully I get to shoot a Glock at some point, I am partial to manual safeties for security but am still pretty open to the "Safe Action" thing.

Pure?

I'd get an AK for collecting for sure, just not as the gun I'd trust my life to. Not in the US anyways, 7.62x39 is hard to find and shoot in states with restrictions on types of ammo you can shoot (yep, California) and 5.45x39 is neigh impossible to find. 5.56x45 on the other hand I can find at freaking Walmart here in California, I don't know how or why, but I can. If I was in Eastern Europe, gimme dat AK, ammo and parts are like... everywhere.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #171,742 of 177,744

Lol. First post I see waking up. It's like being congratulated for waking up at 3PM

smh
@bowei006 I won’t quote tour post, since I’m typing on my phone here, but yeah, I don’t really hate Another, nor like it.

As for bird turd cg anime, just watch it this one time, so that you can have a benchmark of what bad animation is.

I get your sentiment on not hating or liking it.

I'll have to check out Bird Turd CG show now

You followed my Humanity has Declined image posting!

It's nearly 2am and yet the temperature outside is still 28C / 82 Freedom units. 

*guitar intro*
Man it's a hot one...

FREEEEEDUM units are best units

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/819742752900403201

Forgive me but who is the red haired girl?

Heh, my training course was probably way less fun than yours... cause >Navy/MSC approved course. Hopefully I get to shoot a Glock at some point, I am partial to manual safeties for security but am still pretty open to the "Safe Action" thing.

Pure?

I'd get an AK for collecting for sure, just not as the gun I'd trust my life to. Not in the US anyways, 7.62x39 is hard to find and shoot in states with restrictions on types of ammo you can shoot (yep, California) and 5.45x39 is neigh impossible to find. 5.56x45 on the other hand I can find at freaking Walmart here in California, I don't know how or why, but I can. If I was in Eastern Europe, gimme dat AK, ammo and parts are like... everywhere.

The glock was fun for sure.

Pure OMG to not access a gun due to lock issues lol

AK ammo isn't that hard. Lots of people sell US allowed ammo. it's just kinda expensive.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #171,744 of 177,744

AK ammo isn't that hard. Lots of people sell US allowed ammo. it's just kinda expensive.

Yeah, pretty funny... I might figure out how to get it off when I get the chance to

AK ammo is hard to find here. We have to shoot stuff with soft cores (no steel cores, steel cases are fine), which prevents us from shooting most of the surplus ammo and a lot of the cheapo stuff from Wolf/crappy Russian manufactures. Same story for 7.62x54r, pain in the ass to find soft core ammo that is at an affordable price. So either you can go ahead and skip around the rules (some ranges don't care, most do) or go ahead and find something that is in abundance. For rifle ammo 7.62x51 and 5.56x45 are easy to find with soft cores and for decently cheap in California. I think it's about to get harder too with the laws preventing the "importation" of ammo from other states into California and permits required to purchase ammo from dealers... I hate this state so much...

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_63,_Background_Checks_for_Ammunition_Purchases_and_Large-Capacity_Ammunition_Magazine_Ban_(2016) <-- Utter incompetence

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #171,745 of 177,744
Hello my friends. Slow day at work and it's Friday.

2pr751i.jpg

I see we're talking guns. ReptAr and I have pistolas, but No Fun TYG doesn't like them :frowning2:

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #171,746 of 177,744

How's the weight on the MSI compared to the XPS 15 though? Does it use an IPS display or TN?

Why don't you test the DAC a little bit to see which one is the best? XD

The irony of your statement there though is that Apple computers don't totally support Windows natively. 

[rule]Century sells RAS47s and C39s all made in America but apparently the metal quality isn't very high so they're not recommended. And then there's Arsenal AKs which are nice nice quality but kinda pricey. You can also go with a VEPR which is made in Russia but is "sporterized" and not as cheap as a WASR or Zastava and doesn't totally look AK-ed. So yeah, that basically leaves you with Romania and Serbia for good and cheap AKs relatively easily available. 

That joke needs about 9001 of those sheep, baaahahaha

I believe the MSI is slightly lighter than the XPS but the MSI has weight imbalance (common for laptops like it). The XPS is heavier because of the aluminum shell though. I believe IPS

I don't really care for headphone output on our team computer. True. I could test it sometime lol. The MSI is probably better.

Another thing I forgot about. The XPS is virtually silent for the most part. No fan noise unless you doing major stuff.  The MSI on the other hand idles with a noticeable fan noise constantly.

At least Apple computers can run Windows near natively but Windows ones typically can't run Mac OSX

[rule]
I've heard of Arsenal AK as well. Probably stick to a cheaper one atm.

ISO 9001 sheep certification?

Ah, that's a good point. So it sounds like build quality wise the MSI should win out eh?

And picky baka audiophool panda :p

Fair points about fan noise and OS X compatibility. Still gonna hate on Mac wherever possible though.

Arsenals are pretty much the best factory AKs but also $1k+ so that's a good plan. Also avoid high standard too.

LOL

Century sells RAS47s and C39s all made in America but apparently the metal quality isn't very high so they're not recommended. And then there's Arsenal AKs which are nice nice quality but kinda pricey. You can also go with a VEPR which is made in Russia but is "sporterized" and not as cheap as a WASR or Zastava and doesn't totally look AK-ed. So yeah, that basically leaves you with Romania and Serbia for good and cheap AKs relatively easily available. 

That joke needs about 9001 of those sheep, baaahahaha

Hopefully. If I see an RDB at any gun shops I'll check and let you know. Gonna try and stay out of those though until I have more monies. 

Fair enough, but then you're getting two kinda meh guns. I just... I'm not a fan of glocks I guess. But another option to consider is the Kel-Tec Sub2000 for a survivalist rifle that uses Glock magazines. That costs about $500 as well iirc so you could get a whole other gun instead of a conversion kit for the glock, which also uses the same mags. Or for same ammo and even cheaper (Iono what magazines it uses) you can get the High-Point Carbine which is like $200. 

Or if you want quality stuff, you could get a Beretta M9/92FS and CX4 Storm which also use the same mags and ammo but I reckon the shooting experience would be better than on a Glawk. 

Personally a fan of Glocks, if my friend wasn't a complete incompetent I'd be able to shoot one but he lost the key to the lock on his and is too lazy to get that fixed. But the looks and feel of them are fine to me. The amount of mods for a Glock are staggering too. I rather like the M9, the double action pull on the first shot is kinda egh (trigger is a little long for my smaller hands), but after that it's a really nice gun. The safety on the slide is mildly annoying.

What the hell are the legalities on the Sub2000. I honestly have no idea of what it is in California. As for the CS4 Storm... it has a thumbhole... legal bits are annoying. The Hi-Point Carbine is the funniest gun I've got to fire. It's... ugly and... well that's about it.

Tfw I don't like AKs, I might like them if it was the only thing I have available to me, but ARs are much more my thing. So many bits on the AKs are just meh, given the choice there are better options.

Oh gawd, that is so much cringe. But then again you do have to keep locks on guns in cali don't you? :/

Fair point. I guess just compared to hammer fired guns, especially 2 nice custom match grade 1911s I got from my uncle's collection, or even DA/SA hammer fired options from Sig/Beretta (if you don't like the Da trigger you can just **** the hammer or rack the slide lol) the glock trigger is meh. Even just compared to other strikers like the Springfield XD or Canik TP9 which are cheaper anyway, the trigger is just meh. So much meh. Again that's probably just me being a snob but by the time you spend all that money on mods to make a glock nice (which is ironic since their slogan is "perfection") you could have just gotten a nicer gun in the first place.

And hmm, I wasn't even thinking about the legality on the sub2k or CX4 orz... Just saying there's other options out there lol.

From what I've read and remember, they look like poop and there's nothing special about them, but they're cheap and reliable and honestly what more can you ask for at the price?

I... Honestly agree. Now this is someone who just bought another AK "pistol" on black Friday of this year but yeah, ARs are my preferred platform in the end as well. It's just so much easier to mount different optics and shoot out to a few hundred meters to tune in your accuracy whereas AKs you have to rely on sites that haven't changed since WWII.

This thing looks tiny!

A phrase with which I am all too familiar.

tfw that's probably what Axel's wife tells him at night :frowning2:

*guitar intro*
Man it's a hot one...

Sounds like Hong Kong, lol

Ah okay gotcha. Hopefully I'll be able to make my bottles last that long, lol. How did you acquire a taste for wine and beer though? I still can't get used to it :X

By drinking it.

I acquired a taste for beer by disliking it for a while until one day I had a beer and I actually really enjoyed it.
I only acquired a taste for wine last summer when at some conference dinner there was free wine served and drank more than a few glasses.

Huh, fair enough. I guess I'll hopefully eventually trudge through enough of the stuff that I'll like it eventually. I've had more than a few glasses of wine though and it's still not my thing. :x

I am too after shooting a variety of pistols at my traning course. the Glock 17 in 9mm was my favorite. 

That is pure.... I don't know what to say right there

AKs are my thing mostly due to their more eastern and soviet feel to them. 

Pure?

Yeah manual safety is nice for the range but I feel like if you were looking for a self defense gun, safe action is the way to go IMO.

Ohh, so I'm cali you straight up can't own bimetal jacket ammo at all? That rules out most steel cases comblock calibers for anything serious right there. I can imagine them being restricted at indoor ranges but gosh all those calibers are easily available here, especially 7.62x39.

And silly American, AKs don't need spare parts! :p

Yeah, pretty funny... I might figure out how to get it off when I get the chance to

AK ammo is hard to find here. We have to shoot stuff with soft cores (no steel cores, steel cases are fine), which prevents us from shooting most of the surplus ammo and a lot of the cheapo stuff from Wolf/crappy Russian manufactures. Same story for 7.62x54r, pain in the ass to find soft core ammo that is at an affordable price. So either you can go ahead and skip around the rules (some ranges don't care, most do) or go ahead and find something that is in abundance. For rifle ammo 7.62x51 and 5.56x45 are easy to find with soft cores and for decently cheap in California. I think it's about to get harder too with the laws preventing the "importation" of ammo from other states into California and permits required to purchase ammo from dealers... I hate this state so much...

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_63,_Background_Checks_for_Ammunition_Purchases_and_Large-Capacity_Ammunition_Magazine_Ban_(2016) <-- Utter incompetence

Yah, Tulammo/Red Army Standard/Wolf/Brown bear is all bimetal and so I can see that being a problem for you at the range. But that stuff in comblock calibers is cheaper here than steel 223 by a penny or two and about 10 cents cheaper than brass cased 5.56.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #171,747 of 177,744

2pr751i.jpg

I see we're talking guns. ReptAr and I have pistolas, but No Fun TYG doesn't like them :frowning2:

Yo! Long time no see! Nice gif though :D

What kind do you have? And raptor has a pistol? I thought they were outlawed in both HK and the uk where he lives.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #171,748 of 177,744
All you gun nuts are just weird survivalists with thinly veiled paramilitary intentions.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #171,749 of 177,744
Yo! Long time no see! Nice gif though
biggrin.gif

What kind do you have? And raptor has a pistol? I thought they were outlawed in both HK and the uk where he lives.

I have a CZ75B Stainless (Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod) 9MM. I understand the need for composites in pistols but I'm not carrying and I like nice things so I prefer them to be heavy and mostly metal like a good ole 1911. I'm a Lefty and the ambidextrous safety is a good thing to have as well. Apparently these are popular in the competitive speed shooting world.

ReptAr has a Sig I think? I forgot already.

@Tom Yum Goong : When the zombie apocalypse happens, we'll see who's laughing!

2ylagx2.png

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #171,750 of 177,744

Murica. Virginia here (for 4 more months)

TYG is a party poooper 
frown.gif

All you gun nuts are just weird survivalists with thinly veiled paramilitary intentions.

I can not refute that statement. 

Reaction when someone tries to break into a gun owners home

s4KXBTz.gif

I have a CZ75B Stainless (Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod) 9MM. I understand the need for composites in pistols but I'm not carrying and I like nice things so I prefer them to be heavy and mostly metal like a good ole 1911. I'm a Lefty and the ambidextrous safety is a good thing to have as well. Apparently these are popular in the competitive speed shooting world.

ReptAr has a Sig I think? I forgot already.

@Tom Yum Goong : When the zombie apocalypse happens, we'll see who's laughing!

I like my pistols like I like my soviet women.

Stronk

Hell yeah! We be fighting in narnia!

Who is ReptAr? Ra97or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back