「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 12, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #171,706 of 177,744
It's a bad meme, do not watch

Why are you planning to continue? It's crap, it's bird turd, drop it like a bird flying dropping turd on a riced up honda.

It's crap, but I can't resist the loli imouto....

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #171,708 of 177,744
  Hard to tell without looking at it. I dunno how Kel Tec does it usually but I think FN and Steyr register their uppers with the ATF so hopefully that's the case here, then if you ever move away you can get a proper pistol grip lower easily lol

Even a new AR is <$500. One of those MechTech things would cost $500 plus the glock is $500 by itself so you're into CZ Scorpion territory now which is IMO a way more badass looking gun, and almost into MP5 clone territory.  Just my opinion tho. 

I hope Kel-Tec registers the upper. Could check the RFB, but cba.

The MechTech things costing about 500 USD and the price of glock is worth it imo. You are more or less getting two guns for the price of one. For those that think about SHTF or tactical crap having a pistol can be good but the ability to transition to a longer barrel without carrying different ammo and mags is pretty nice. Not exactly pretty ofc, but hey, first kind of cool > second kind of cool.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #171,709 of 177,744
  @Hand Shakers

wow... single digit frame rate drops in the opening cinematic.... talk about first impressions :/
and this doesn't even have to be rendered in real-time.

dunno about you guys, the rendered props just looks out of place to me...

and something about the way they combined with drawn animation is giving me motion sickness, I think my brain is confused.

finished Hand Shakers ep1.
love the loli imouto, chuuni fights, music and artwork.
hate the nauseating animation and cringy script.

never thought I'd see frame rate issues in an anime, gotta a prep a barfbag for next week.

Dang.....I guess they spent all their budget on the nice promo art lol

It's a bad meme, do not watch

Why are you planning to continue? It's crap, it's bird turd, drop it like a bird flying dropping turd on a riced up honda.

Its funny seeing your reaction to it now. Contrasted to your positive tone of it during the first few episodes.

LOLOLOL. Bird turd...i want to see the show to see how bad it is
+1

It started off great and turned into trash. Unlucky.

Also why did you rep a post from 2011? XD

Like Charlie kun said....at least we got the sound track outta it.

I wanted to see how many people have notifications for rep. lol

Maid dragon very very good.

Yeah I agree. Above expectations

: (

as long as i got the sound track

Yeah. The soundtrack was on point. Still listen to it to this day

It's crap, but I can't resist the loli imouto....

Chaos:Child looks like it'll be as bad as Occultic:Nine. This is beyond annoying to watch.

Dang... I had hopes

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #171,710 of 177,744
Maid Dragon Ep 1:

The first episode was absolutely above expectations for me. The PV didn't look like anything special but KyoAni has some magic. I think what did it for me was the cute but well done side moments when the maid would look seductivley at the laundry. Something that the animation gods at KyoAni did very well. It was also sweet and had moments at the end where they cuddle in bed without any ero intent that closed the episode nicely. 

Looking forward to more

Konosuba Ep 1:

I didn't read the manga/LN so I didn't know what would happen today but I am very satisfied. The episode was paced extremely well with its 23mins that I felt it was actually longer than it was. It wasn't a silly RE introducing the characters as they do fun things. But straight shot into a plot problem that they must get out of. 

The scenes with Kazuma in the jail as Aqua stupidly tries to hand him useless breakout objects was gold. The "guess i'll sleep" lines was delivered fantastically too.

OneRoom Ep 1:

It was interesting. The POV format they did. Well its only 4 minutes long with 3mins of that being actual animation. So I guess I'll keep watching. Almost like a little VN

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #171,711 of 177,744

Lol, that batter life difference though. and the display on the MSI is kind of schiit and it's a lot bigger than the 9550 right? 

And eh, I'd go try a spyderco knife out first, the opening mechanism can take some getting used to. I like the Kershaws because they have an assisted opening function so they're *almost* like owning switchblades, which are illegal in my state so I tootally don't have any! XD

And you and those WASRs LOL. Might do you better to look at Zastavas right now btw, depending on whichever is cheaper. Apparently they're only imported in batches every 6 months or so, so prices can fluctuate quite heavily and they've been going up and up ever year. :frowning2:

Baaaaaaad dude, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. =_=

And I know, that's super lame though, damn the evil left leaning states not letting you guys have your FREEDOMS!

It's almost like gaming laptops don't ever have good batteries, lol

The color reproduction on the MSI is 'better' but at the cost of using a third party app that changes the profile on bootup (and thus uses some startup resources). The MSI is noticeably bigger if you had them side by side but not too noticeable otherwise.

The MSI however feels flaky compared to the XPS which feels solid and like a Macbook Pro. One reason is because the MSI uses thin plastic on the display that flexes actually when you hold the laptop with your palm. The XPS doesn't do this and has very nice weight balance distritubtion which the MSI doesn't.

When it actually comes down to it, the only things the MSI does better are the much faster GTX 1060 6GB, better color screen, webcam location, Sabre DAC/"Hifi" amp (never tested), and the massive amount of ports it has which is the reason we got it. 

As it turns out, despite advertising PCIE Gen 3 SSD. They leave and only have SATA support at the moment meaning it is still limited to only 500MB/s RW whereas my XPS does 1.7GB/s R and 750MB/s W. The MSI has a permanent slot open for an extra HDD/SSD (7-9mm) to be mounted which we did the other day (added 2TB HDD) whereas the XPS 15 can only do this if you get the smaller battery. I have the larger 10Hr battery so the slot on mine is filled. But 512GB is enough.

Overall....yeah, the MSI GS63VR, despite being a good gaming computer. Shows full well why Apple is still very popular. ....because so few companies actually make laptops as good in the overall sense as a MBP. And the closest thing to a MBP for Windows is the XPS 15 (as ranked and reviewed as one of the best top professional laptops of 2016)....and this is still leagues behind the MBPs still. 

Overall; I would take the XPS (especially the new model with the GTX 1050) over the MSI or most gaming laptops on the market. These gaming laptops are paper spec monsters, but fail in the human interfacing dept compared to the XPS. 

WASR is mostly a place holding name right now. I don't care for the American model name rebrand but more of me just wanting an affordable USA import AK47.

I know it was a baaa baaaad joke haha. 

How's the weight on the MSI compared to the XPS 15 though? Does it use an IPS display or TN?

Why don't you test the DAC a little bit to see which one is the best? XD

The irony of your statement there though is that Apple computers don't totally support Windows natively. 

Century sells RAS47s and C39s all made in America but apparently the metal quality isn't very high so they're not recommended. And then there's Arsenal AKs which are nice nice quality but kinda pricey. You can also go with a VEPR which is made in Russia but is "sporterized" and not as cheap as a WASR or Zastava and doesn't totally look AK-ed. So yeah, that basically leaves you with Romania and Serbia for good and cheap AKs relatively easily available. 

That joke needs about 9001 of those sheep, baaahahaha

Hard to tell without looking at it. I dunno how Kel Tec does it usually but I think FN and Steyr register their uppers with the ATF so hopefully that's the case here, then if you ever move away you can get a proper pistol grip lower easily lol

Even a new AR is <$500. One of those MechTech things would cost $500 plus the glock is $500 by itself so you're into CZ Scorpion territory now which is IMO a way more badass looking gun, and almost into MP5 clone territory.  Just my opinion tho. 

I hope Kel-Tec registers the upper. Could check the RFB, but cba.

The MechTech things costing about 500 USD and the price of glock is worth it imo. You are more or less getting two guns for the price of one. For those that think about SHTF or tactical crap having a pistol can be good but the ability to transition to a longer barrel without carrying different ammo and mags is pretty nice. Not exactly pretty ofc, but hey, first kind of cool > second kind of cool.

Hopefully. If I see an RDB at any gun shops I'll check and let you know. Gonna try and stay out of those though until I have more monies. 

Fair enough, but then you're getting two kinda meh guns. I just... I'm not a fan of glocks I guess. But another option to consider is the Kel-Tec Sub2000 for a survivalist rifle that uses Glock magazines. That costs about $500 as well iirc so you could get a whole other gun instead of a conversion kit for the glock, which also uses the same mags. Or for same ammo and even cheaper (Iono what magazines it uses) you can get the High-Point Carbine which is like $200. 

Or if you want quality stuff, you could get a Beretta M9/92FS and CX4 Storm which also use the same mags and ammo but I reckon the shooting experience would be better than on a Glawk. 

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #171,713 of 177,744
  How's the weight on the MSI compared to the XPS 15 though? Does it use an IPS display or TN?

Why don't you test the DAC a little bit to see which one is the best? XD

The irony of your statement there though is that Apple computers don't totally support Windows natively. 

Century sells RAS47s and C39s all made in America but apparently the metal quality isn't very high so they're not recommended. And then there's Arsenal AKs which are nice nice quality but kinda pricey. You can also go with a VEPR which is made in Russia but is "sporterized" and not as cheap as a WASR or Zastava and doesn't totally look AK-ed. So yeah, that basically leaves you with Romania and Serbia for good and cheap AKs relatively easily available. 

That joke needs about 9001 of those sheep, baaahahaha

I believe the MSI is slightly lighter than the XPS but the MSI has weight imbalance (common for laptops like it). The XPS is heavier because of the aluminum shell though. I believe IPS

I don't really care for headphone output on our team computer. True. I could test it sometime lol. The MSI is probably better.

Another thing I forgot about. The XPS is virtually silent for the most part. No fan noise unless you doing major stuff.  The MSI on the other hand idles with a noticeable fan noise constantly.

At least Apple computers can run Windows near natively but Windows ones typically can't run Mac OSX

I've heard of Arsenal AK as well. Probably stick to a cheaper one atm.

ISO 9001 sheep certification?

@Kuzu no Honkai

Absolutely beautiful.

I heard many liked the first episode

Gonna wait for all the rage halfway through the season

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #171,717 of 177,744
Kuzu no Honkai (Scums Wish) Ep 1:

Completely above my expectations. I read about halfway through the manga last year and liked it. But the anime was quite good. 

It really sinks in the idea of "being someone elses replacement" or "having something the other doesn'" exceptionally well with all its parallels. Being that Hanabi (female MC) has a mom but no Dad. And her love interest the teacher having a dad but no mom. 

The anime's mood was solemn and bittersweet. Reminding me much of high school as well.

Solid adaptation. Just can't wait to rage later in the episodes

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #171,720 of 177,744
This thing looks tiny!

UnitedKlutzyBlackcrappie.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back