「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #171,661 of 177,744
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/01/07-1/band-king-crimson-discusses-jojos-bizarre-adventure-stand-king-crimson-spoiler-warning

Jojo Part 5 Spoilers but holy schiit. Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #171,662 of 177,744

The colour temp on the right seems so cool. Is it intentional, or is that just how it is uncalibrated?

I think one of them is not calibrated well or my camera angle

I've been out of the game for 10 years so I'm of no help. 
tongue.gif

I'm surprised with this season of anime, I don't think we've had such a good one in a long time. (i.e. like 5+ shows worth watching)

All good man! Just wanted to gather some opinions.

What shows you interested in?

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #171,663 of 177,744

All good man! Just wanted to gather some opinions.

What shows you interested in?

Back in the day they said you couldn't go wrong with any Spyderco, I don't know how true that is today. XD

Kono suba, demi, maid dragon, seiren, gabriel, little witch, gintama, akiba's trip, fate grand order.

It's a miracle.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #171,664 of 177,744

Back in the day they said you couldn't go wrong with any Spyderco, I don't know how true that is today. XD

Kono suba, demi, maid dragon, seiren, gabriel, little witch, gintama, akiba's trip, fate grand order.

It's a miracle.

Never even heard of Spyderco lol

Konosuba S2 will be glorious. I don't plan on watching Gabriel, Gintama or Akiba Trip but the rest are game for me as well.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #171,665 of 177,744
  Never even heard of Spyderco lol

Lol what, Spyderco is a massive name when talking about knives. It's one of those popular knife manufactures out there, probably see it more than Benchmade and Cold Steel combined. Personally... I just can't get the hang of their Spydy Hole deployment thing, just isn't my thing, but a lot of EDC community members swear by them, and for good reason. Their knives are generally solid and well thought out. The price is often a killer though.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #171,667 of 177,744

Razer has their stuff jacked, and Hifiman has one of their Shangri-la stolen too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1208563859240402&substory_index=0&id=392999140796882

CES is out of the way for me but now have a week messages and emails to respond to then have to prepare to go to NAMM next weekend. The shows never end.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 11, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #171,670 of 177,744
  Razer has their stuff jacked, and Hifiman has one of their Shangri-la stolen too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1208563859240402&substory_index=0&id=392999140796882

CES is out of the way for me but now have a week messages and emails to respond to then have to prepare to go to NAMM next weekend. The shows never end.

Namm should be fun =D

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #171,672 of 177,744

Maybe HiFiman would ask the Stax guys if they are present? Maybe take an unexpected peak in their offices and labs someday? You never know what you may find! :D I mean, we all know there are a couple of Nvidia Titan XP's in AMD's labs.:wink:

Quoting the comments:

"No system should ever have to go through that kind of torture."

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #171,673 of 177,744
So there's OLED screens on our smart devices that everyone has, they're making OLED TVs, why aren't laptops getting OLED panels*? o.0

*besides the MacBook touch strip that no one cares about

Laptop and desktop monitors stay on the longest in one day and that's where OLED's degradation problems become really, really apparent. Televisions and smartphone screens usually don't stay on nearly as long. There are obviously people who only have a smartphone and people who spend more time watching television but in general laptop and desktop displays are the most heavily used.

Regular WLEDs still have brightness degradation (don't use organic material though so the extent isn't as bad) but all of the color is controlled by a separate LCD layer on top so at least each color degrades uniformly. Blue OLEDs need more current to get the same intensity as red and green OLEDs so those 3 pixels tend not to degrade together but separately. It requires a ton more calibration over extended periods of time.

And then the holy grail of color critical work would be laser-based projectors and displays which supposedly last much longer in both brightness and color accuracy.

Anyways high chance QLED will take over within the next few years since Samsung invested a ton of money into purchasing a QLED panel company for development.

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #171,674 of 177,744
 @Hand Shakers ep1

This is the worst looking anime I have ever seen. Baffling.
Props for trying something different, but you fudged up.
Story and characters are mega cliche.
Absolute dumpster fire.

Can't wait to see where this wild ride will go.

Worst looking as in visually?

I think it looks visually very interesting, I've seen way worse, in fact I would say the art and animation is the only thing decent about this anime, plot, writing and characters are trash and has been done a thousand times before, pretty much toaru majitsu tier garbo.

Edit: Pretty sure this uses the DOA xtreme breast engine for it's physics simulation turned up to max.

The boob physics really irks me, but the music (reminds me of DJ Okawari) and weird visuals has intrigued me to watch episode 2 when it comes out.

Like wat?

I don't even know how to describe that. It's not a photograph, but it doesn't seem to be artsy like Garden of Words. lol

Laptop and desktop monitors stay on the longest in one day and that's where OLED's degradation problems become really, really apparent. Televisions and smartphone screens usually don't stay on nearly as long. There are obviously people who only have a smartphone and people who spend more time watching television but in general laptop and desktop displays are the most heavily used.

Regular WLEDs still have brightness degradation (don't use organic material though so the extent isn't as bad) but all of the color is controlled by a separate LCD layer on top so at least each color degrades uniformly. Blue OLEDs need more current to get the same intensity as red and green OLEDs so those 3 pixels tend not to degrade together but separately. It requires a ton more calibration over extended periods of time.

And then the holy grail of color critical work would be laser-based projectors and displays which supposedly last much longer in both brightness and color accuracy.

Anyways high chance QLED will take over within the next few years since Samsung invested a ton of money into purchasing a QLED panel company for development.

Ah I see. That does make sense. orz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back